• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

I suppose the world does owe me things...

... but you've made an excellent point. I much prefer the look of the shuttle in the movie and there will probably be another. As far as I know it was not destroyed.

Straight up though - Krennic's Shuttle is superior.

Ponn

Banned
I feel you 100%. I've seriously cut back my spending on SW sets over the last six months. Like you, I have all of the ships I like and once I realized I won't get every "great" fig it was easier to skip sets. I'll be in San Francisco on May 4th and will be able to make it to the LEGO store sometime after lunch...for the first time in many years I don't even know if I'll end up getting the promo. It's a solid looking build but all that means is that it'll end up among the hundreds of other polys I haven't opened.

I am trying to be realistic in the sets I want. I had hoped that the modular buildings were done but it seems like that theme will keep going. The collector in me doesn't like that.

Outside of small sets, I basically have my eye on the Assembly Square and Brick Bank

I think i'll skip the Beetle, Snowspeeder & Helicarrier (humming and hawing in it forever).

Yea it sucks but reality is reality. When I first started buying sets it was only for display purposes and I was excited to build a set every weekend. Its morphed into hoarding, stockpiling and collecting and that was not my initial intent. I'm simply not going to have every fig for every theme ever or every ship.

Really nothing special about any of those Thor sets, BUT i'll be damned if i don't absolutely need that Planet Hulk bigfig!!!

I don't want to take anything away from these Thor sets because they do look really good, better than the Spider-man sets and the other non-TLBM sets this year, but that WW set is still better than either of these sets and its cheaper. That space ship in the Battle of Asgard set looks so damn gaudy and out of place. I like the Fenris build though and Hela looks really really good. I also love the battle Thor figs with that helmet. I like the gladiator Hulk big fig, if for nothing else thats its finally a real different variation of the umpteenth hulk big fig we've been getting for years now. My only complaint about it is that bright blue shoulder piece is very distracting to me. Same goes for that arena build in that set, the colors are way too bright for a death arena. I know this is target to kids but still, if I get that set i'm not even going to bother building it.

Pic of the Justice League sets: http://i.imgur.com/QPd75zG.jpg

Not feeling any of that. Stripped down Aquaman set, crab Scuttler knock-off, and Batman's First Order Transporter.

EHHHHHHHHHHHH...I don't know how I feel, I really don't. The only thing that is screaming to me is that Batman is driving the Highwayman truck from that 80's show. In black.

I do feel for LEGO, it must be hard to make good superhero movie tie-in sets.

The big draw for most of those movies are the heroes, not so much the vehicles or environments for the most part. Guardians of the Galaxy is easier because it's like Star Wars where there's a bunch of cool fun vehicles and environments to build, but stuff like Thor and and the DC universe movies seem a lot more limited.

As much as I want the Civil War Airport set for the Giant Ant-Man, I just hate that the set is so expensive when i don't want anything else in it other than the mini-figs and the big Ant-man. I'm hoping that the next Ant-man movie will have him go Giant again so we might get a more affordable set with the giant buildable mini-fig again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't either. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Series 17 score! As usual, limited to 16 minifigures at the LEGO store per person but I got all 16, whoohoo! Another wave down.

I am fond of several of these already. Obvious standouts like the rocket kid, corncob guy, but also really dig the Dwarf and Highway Man. And of course, all the cute little animals.

My store unfortunately did not get the new Wonder Woman set today, what gives? Have to pick it up with my May the 4th Order.

The only one of those I can see as a set is the Watermill, and that might come too close after the Ol' Fishing Store.

Arcade machines, at a stretch, but I wonder if the cost of printing all those pieces would be prohibitive and who wants stickers in an Ideas set?

DonShula

Straight up though - Krennic's Shuttle is superior.

Both, but if only one Krennic.

I second these. Krennics with the wings folded down is a beast. Fun build too.

Kylo's is very imposing though, and can be displayed with the wings unfolded without the need of a custom stand. But it's not movie accurate

I talked myself down to just Krennic's Shuttle. Thank you all for the input.

I did this knowing I'm still taking the kids to the Lego Store on Friday and I will probably buy something else...

Series 17 score! As usual, limited to 16 minifigures at the LEGO store per person but I got all 16, whoohoo! Another wave down.

I am fond of several of these already. Obvious standouts like the rocket kid, corncob guy, but also really dig the Dwarf and Highway Man. And of course, all the cute little animals.

My store unfortunately did not get the new Wonder Woman set today, what gives? Have to pick it up with my May the 4th Order.

Excellent smooshing skills! By the way, did they have the new Snowspeeder on display yet?

Rootbeer

Banned
Excellent smooshing skills! By the way, did they have the new Snowspeeder on display yet?
Good question, I actually was looking at some of the displays but I did not see the Snowspeeder. The newest one I saw was the PotC ship, and a small display for the new minifigures. It's possible I overlooked it though...

Good question, I actually was looking at some of the displays but I did not see the Snowspeeder. The newest one I saw was the PotC ship, and a small display for the new minifigures. It's possible I overlooked it though...

Thanks for the info. If it was there, I was going to take a (semi-long) break from work to check it out. I'm pretty sure it's not on display yet. Guess I'll wait until Thursday.

Taisaijin

Speaking of - Brickset shows the old PotC ships were only available for about a year, is that accurate? If so I need to bump this up on priority as I can see it disappearing sooner than most D2C sets.

ghostmind

XT1fluo.jpg

rwm284s.jpg

Oh my, I'm so getting that Destiny's Bounty. Incidentally, anyone want to buy a Sea Cow?

Also, I just made four orders for roughly 2000 used parts on Bricklink, minus a few from my childhood stash. What do I need all that old Lego for? You'll see.

I might be down for the cow. PM me details!

Note that I'm in Sweden, so shipping may or may not be a killer.

Oh, and regarding Destiny's Bounty, those dragon heads are NOT custom molds. I see the elephant trunk, the new decorative gold fences, gold bananas and a regular 2x2 curved slope.

Speaking of - Brickset shows the old PotC ships were only available for about a year, is that accurate? If so I need to bump this up on priority as I can see it disappearing sooner than most D2C sets.

I am not sure... the old PotC were not D2C exclusives, I got them from TrUs (I know.... now...) way after release. Silent Mary is only available at S@H so it may be gone sooner.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Eleven projects qualify for the first 2017 LEGO Ideas review: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/143

* Sega Classic Arcade Machines is nice because I'm old and I remember these machines, but not sure it has wide appeal nowadays. Better off making a Sonic set.
* Venetian Houses is a nice idea, but I think it's too large. I wish people would cut their projects down to something more reasonable.

I don't see anything passing.

The dragon heads on the Bounty look very brick-built to me...

Or you mean the green dragon?

Also, the stone lions at the Temple of the Ultimate look great!

I think he means the green dragon. And it is a disapointment coming from the movie images. Looks cheap.

Agree on the lions.

And that boat may be my very first Ninjago set... must resist... too many sets this year...

R-User!

I wonder what's launching on the 15th of June that'll be $200 or more dollars?

Minecraft?
Ninjago?
Creator?

Hmmm.

Something else?

My may 4th checklist though some of these i might have to order online

75100 First Order Snowspeeder
75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
75103 First Order Transporter
75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
75132 First Order Battle Pack
75140 Resistance Troop Transporter (gonna have to buy online)
75148 Encounter on Jakku
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter

getting all of those will complete my force awakens set atleast until the new summer sets come out excited for the new battle pack and rathtar escape play set.

Maengun1

There's no sitewide double VIP points thing coming up soon, right? Probably not 'til autumn?

I haven't bought anything in ages, but I want Saturn V/Carousel day 1 lol. And I still haven't picked up Assembly Square or the VW Beetle x_x

Top Bottom