• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Fowler

I don't have the Ghost and I'm running out of space, so I'm pretty happy with the Phantom II as a centerpiece for my Rebels minifigs.

Also, THRAWN! Yes!!!!!!!

You filthy enablers make me reconsider my decision of skipping the Helicarrier now...

As usual, LegoGAF does not disappoint in that regard :(

Will it go OOP soon? I'd probably bite with 3X VIP at least though

Is anyone else sad we didn't get a Kurt Russell minifig from Guardians of the Galaxy 2?

Me! I've been a fan of Kurt since the 80s! Was hoping for a minifig of him in GotG 2 as well.

bought The Phantom II for the Thrawn.

looks positively silly on The Ghost. to be fair, it did in the show as well

I Bricklinked Thrawn separately. Totally worth it. Amazing feeling of owning his minifig since reading the old Zahn book trilogy! Such a great character.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
And never speak to me, or my Son, or my Son's Son again...

Noo. Just as I was getting over missing out on R2.. that looks great.

Do you think bricklink R2 prices will go up as the stocks slowly go down, or will prices drop as demand falls away and his is just people trying it on a little bit? Last time I looked the prices were around £15-20

Do you think bricklink R2 prices will go up as the stocks slowly go down, or will prices drop as demand falls away and his is just people trying it on a little bit? Last time I looked the prices were around £15-20

Can't you bricklink the pieces separately instead of getting the whole polybag though? How many unique pieces are in there, just the dome right?

DonShula

Can't you bricklink the pieces separately instead of getting the whole polybag though? How many unique pieces are in there, just the dome right?

There's a printed 1x2 tile as well. Not sure how common that one is.

Edit: BL says there are two decorated pieces missing from their inventory of the set that have not been added to the database yet. I assume one is the tile and the other is the dome.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Hmm. Are instructions online? if the dome is actually unique then it'll surely be expensive if people need to break down that polybag for it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wonder why Lego still uses blue Techparts all the time even when they fall completly out of line and distract from the color.

Hmm. Are instructions online? if the dome is actually unique then it'll surely be expensive if people need to break down that polybag for it

I'm assuming that it's unique. They might reuse it for a new UCS astro mech ship, but other than that it's a weird scale.

I also think people will use it for their own UCS MOCs, so it will be sought after.

On another note, I went to the local shop and they had a box of S17. I felt around and managed to grab six I wanted fairly easily:

Highwayman - who will be modded to a Bloodborne figure - very easy to find the guns
Miami Vice Guy - only one with 1x1 tile and cheese
Chef - managed to feel the hat
Elf Girl - only slope, really easy to find
Rocket Boy - who will lose his shirt - big part which is not ribbed like the corn guy
Fairy Girl - I had to have this, so colourful - huge wings with the neck bracket

Hrm deciding between the tie striker and the caterham 7. Tie striker is $43 on toys r us right now, but the caterham is $53 on amazon. Two good deals but I don't have the money for both. Real question is do I actually want either... I'm afraid I'll regret it when they go back up though

I made a gray classic space figure with the Rocket Boy torso, the S9 Knight helmet and an old gray airtank and it looks amazing! Really love that they're bringing out these here and there. They're really covered all colours that actually existed in the classic era now, but I wouldn't mind others like orange, pink or dark/sand colours.

That said, the different neo classic space guys have rapidly diminished in interest for me. I'm probably packing away my single Galaxy Squad set and all the figures with that type of helmet.

What I really would like to see is new variations on Futuron, Space Police, Blacktron, M-Tron and Ice Planet. I still hope the next proper space theme is a mix of those. We kind of got an updated Futuron guy with the Town Square, but I would love more of those.

Fowler

I Bricklinked Thrawn separately. Totally worth it. Amazing feeling of owning his minifig since reading the old Zahn book trilogy! Such a great character.

Yes, same! I actually made my own Thrawn minifig with Admiral Yularen's body + Cad Bane's head + black hair. Weirdly, my Phantom II came with a second Thrawn head, so I was able to upgrade my MOC Thrawn to look better :)

ericb!

Neo Member

Another option is to Bricklink Miro Dudas' mini UCS R2-D2. I did earlier this year and, subsequently, had no desire to get the May the 4th polybag.

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6266/Miro/mini-ucs-r2-d2/

https://humblebricks.com/tag/miro-dudas/

32149512156_d1ecbd4745_z.jpg

BTW, let me just state how wonderful it is to have enough Lego to basically just scratch build a modular (in some colour schemes, at least). "Oh, I could use a 9L wing here. Yup, got those in a Legend Beast some time ago."

Ponn

Banned
I'm trying to figure out and budget what I'm going to pick up next month along with planning the freebies. Between the Saturn V, ultimate batmobile and batwing hitting enough for that free tote actually isn't a problem. My conundrum is that my main for sure purchase is going to be the Saturn V and I'm concerned about it selling out. I haven't had to worry about an Ideas set selling out and going oop for a long time. On the other hand the last set to do that was the mars rover. Also I would consider this a highly unique set, extremely large appeal and because of the size there is no real idea how many TLG will produce. So basically I'm concerned holding my purchase for a bag freebie. It's been a while since I've been worried about a set going oop fast but I'm getting flashbacks to mars rover and I just have a gut feeling this is going to be a surprise hot item.

BTW, let me just state how wonderful it is to have enough Lego sorted to basically just scratch build a modular (in some colour schemes, at least). "Oh, I could use a 9L wing here. Yup, got those in a Legend Beast some time ago."

fixed.

I probably have as much Lego but like 70% of it is NOT sorted yet :(

DonShula

I'm trying to figure out and budget what I'm going to pick up next month along with planning the freebies. Between the Saturn V, ultimate batmobile and batwing hitting enough for that free tote actually isn't a problem. My conundrum is that my main for sure purchase is going to be the Saturn V and I'm concerned about it selling out. I haven't had to worry about an Ideas set selling out and going oop for a long time. On the other hand the last set to do that was the mars rover. Also I would consider this a highly unique set, extremely large appeal and because of the size there is no real idea how many TLG will produce. So basically I'm concerned holding my purchase for a bag freebie. It's been a while since I've been worried about a set going oop fast but I'm getting flashbacks to mars rover and I just have a gut feeling this is going to be a surprise hot item.

Based on what just happened with the Snowspeeder, Saturn V is going to be a bloodbath.

I have no affinity for realistic space type sets and Saturn V hasn't been on my radar at all. But when that set was revealed and I saw the price, I wanted it. Everyone is going to want it. It's dirt cheap for a Lego set of that prestige. Damn near impulse buy for folks of a certain age who'd like it as a conversation piece or office decoration.

Saturn V is going to absolutely kill.

magawolaz

What's the best Creative box currently available? As in variety of pieces/colors/ppb/etc.

Since I only recently got back into LEGO, I noticed that all my spare pieces are those of twenty years ago. They are all a bit scratched/bitten, and in like 5 colors. I'm thinking about gifting them to my niece and buying some new bricks.

Ponn

Banned
Based on what just happened with the Snowspeeder, Saturn V is going to be a bloodbath.

I have no affinity for realistic space type sets and Saturn V hasn't been on my radar at all. But when that set was revealed and I saw the price, I wanted it. Everyone is going to want it. It's dirt cheap for a Lego set of that prestige. Damn near impulse buy for folks of a certain age who'd like it as a conversation piece or office decoration.

Saturn V is going to absolutely kill.

Yea I was thinking of getting that WW set at the beginning of the month for the free minifig pack and then getting the Saturn V with the Ultimate Batmobile for the tote but i'm going to have to pick up the Saturn V day one now. I do not want to be kicking myself in the ass later. I will see what my finances look like later in the month if I can afford to order the ultimate batmobile set and some other stuff to hit $200. It's going to pain me but either way i'm going to have to pass on the carousel for now, just way too much expensive stuff coming out in June.

^^^
May the good blood guide your way.

--

I went to 5 different places today (TRU, 2 targets, 2 walmarts) and none of them had Series 17 yet, not in the back or anything. >:[

Nah, I've been checking every other day for the last week or so, and if they had any there'd usually be some leftovers or empty display stuff. TRU only has some S15, Batman, and Disney stuff out.

I just want Cornman and Rocketboy!

And the Bloodborne Hunter.

mclem

So, something that's cropped up in discussion elsewhere:

When I make a new Lego set, I'll often post the bags on Facebook and invite people to guess what it is. Today I'm doing Yellow Submarine, so did the usual - somewhat tongue-in-cheek this time, given the colour scheme!

A friend of mine who also follows Lego mentioned that he thought he knew what it was, but was thrown off by the fact that there's writing on the bags that said (c)2011 The Lego Group.

What's that 2011 referring to? It's not the model, clearly. Is it referencing the bag design?

Finally started the Grand Emporium tonight. First floor was prettt annoying overall but the end result looks really good. Trying to thin my backlog with Town Hall and Snowspeeder coming next week.

Finally started the Grand Emporium tonight. First floor was prettt annoying overall but the end result looks really good. Trying to thin my backlog with Town Hall and Snowspeeder coming next week.

By pretty annoying, you mean using over 100 of those SNOT pieces in one step to make that awesome textured look?

I am of two minds on hugely repetitive steps like that. I find the repetition tedious, but that is how you get really awesome looking results like Grand Emporium.

And just get ready, there is a lot more repetition coming. GE is monotonous overall, but damn if it is not my favorite modular just in the looks department.

chidrock

Does anyone have a display case for their Death Star playset? I've been itching to put mine together, but I'd like to have something to put it in to keep the dust off.

On a side note, has anyone sold off their old version of the set so they could get the revised one with the newer figures?

R-User!

By pretty annoying, you mean using over 100 of those SNOT pieces in one step to make that awesome textured look?

I am of two minds on hugely repetitive steps like that. I find the repetition tedious, but that is how you get really awesome looking results like Grand Emporium.

And just get ready, there is a lot more repetition coming. GE is monotonous overall, but damn if it is not my favorite modular just in the looks department.

Ancient LEGO Proverb:
-There can be no texture without repetition-

I have a problem. I couldn't handle not having the R2 build and ran to the Mall of Scandinavia store and picked up Krennic for full price, the R2 and the new little droid figure.

Osahi

I have a problem. I couldn't handle not having the R2 build and ran to the Mall of Scandinavia store and picked up Krennic for full price, the R2 and the new little droid figure.

That's not a problem. That's Lego-GAF on an average monday morning

Hothbricks has more of the hi-res SW 2H2017 pictures, including the both sides of boxes.
http://www.hothbricks.com/nouveautes-lego-star-wars-second-semestre-2017-plus-de-visuels-officiels/

Really like the exploding feature of the Quadjumper :D
I'd like to know if they added that one after finding out it is the only scene for that ship left in the movie ...
33682603573_b2c859693d_b.jpg
I still don't get why it got so popular. Was it because it was one of the few actually new designs in TFA? It literally had one scene where it just got blown up.

Top Bottom