• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

rokkerkory

75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring review: http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/05/08/lego-star-wars-jedi-starfighter-hyperdrive/

Jedi-rotate.gif

how much in USD?

ghostmind

I'm pretty sure exclusives are all available from lego stores and shop@home

LEGO stores, at least in North America, stopped carrying retail exclusives, though you can still purchase them from S@H.

It sounds like they might be reversing this policy though...

gsrjedi

Walmart.com is having a few really good deals right now for ordering online and choosing Store Pickup

The prices below are after the store pickup discount

LEGO Ideas Caterham Seven 620R [walmart.com] (21307) $43.58
LEGO Architecture Buckingham Palace [walmart.com] (21029) $28.28
LEGO DUPLO Town Big Construction Site [walmart.com] (10813) $23.46
LEGO Technic Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC [walmart.com] (42054) $114.90
LEGO Creator Expert Winter Toy Shop [walmart.com] (10249) $58.49

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered Buckingham Palace.

Three bags into the Snowspeeder, damn is the body of this thing beefy.

Four bags in, just built the chairs and the first bit of front angles. Yes, this thing is beefy. Like a souped up TIE Advanced Prototype in beefiness.

I am resting for the night though. I look forward to finishing it tomorrow or Thursday.

Gero

So I just found my city has a local Lego store sort of like a GameStop. It has the first gen Clone Turbo Tank with Mace Windu for $149.99, good deal?

Osahi

This is ToysRUs exclusive, right? So basically no chance getting it here in Finland (we ain't got any ToysRUs AFAIK)?
It's only exclusive to TRU in the US. You should at least be able to buy it from s@h in Finland.

Don't know the situation in Finland, but in Belgium they often have deals with some retailers too for exclusive sets. We don't have TRU either, but for instance penguins artic roller was exclusive to a certain chain called FUN, but available on s@h too

papluh

I have a long history of stacking different sets in one original box for effective storage as I lack any dedicated LEGO or even work room. Some of the big Technic boxes are so full the paper can hardly handle it. But seldom I got a chance to compare how many of the same set will fit in its retail box. This time I did not forget to take pics.

The story of parting out few copies of CITY Crooks Island (60131) is here :
http://imgur.com/a/7eig5

If you feel like taking a guess then ... how many 60131 can be seen in this pic ? In the box are also all instructions and the MURPs (or how they are called now)
it is 5, not bad job for a box for one, no ? with some stacking, it would fit all 5 I guess
WjyoOL1.jpg

It was 10% of the catalog price and then 70% off by the retailer and it having just one small vehicle, the parts list is not that bad for CITY set...

mclem

I have a long history of stacking different sets in one original box for effective storage as I lack any dedicated LEGO or even work room. Some of the big Technic boxes are so full the paper can hardly handle it. But seldom I got a chance to compare how many of the same set will fit in its retail box. This time I did not forget to take pics.

The story of parting out few copies of CITY Crooks Island (60131) is here :
http://imgur.com/a/7eig5

If you feel like taking a guess then ... how many 60131 can be seen in this pic ? In the box are also all instructions and the MURPs (or how they are called now)
it is 5, not bad job for a box for one, no ? with some stacking, it would fit all 5 I guess
WjyoOL1.jpg

It was 10% of the catalog price and then 70% off by the retailer and it having just one small vehicle, the parts list is not that bad for CITY set...

For your next trick... how about if you actually connect the bricks, can that get it down to a closable level?

The big rock might be a problem in that regard, mind.

DonShula

As reported on Rebelscum...

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/search/UCS Millennium Falcon

Note the message it gives you, then compare it to messages for other searches to products which don't exist... hmmmm

So the metadata for the product exists to route the search. No reason to do that unless the product listing was imminent. The only caveat I can think of is that the search is directing to the old product listing which has been hidden rather than removed.

But still, it's almost certainly happening soon.

papluh

It throws the same answer even when you put there just "Millennium Falcon™", which is the name of the current set. Strange.

There's going to be some seriously disappointed people after the UCS Millennium Falcon reveal. TLG has a pretty bad track record with mash-up models e.g. BTTF Delorean.

Rootbeer

Banned
It throws the same answer even when you put there just "Millennium Falcon™", which is the name of the current set. Strange.
Yeah, that's true. But I don't think it was doing this previously for MF searches, it's a recent development. Which lends towards some server data being altered in preparation of the new one... in theory, I guess.

For example if you search for snowspeeder you get the results you'd expect to see... but not for the falcon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Was it just removed ?
Still works for "Saturn V"
Heh, strange yeah it returns a different result now. Who knows. Honestly the way LEGO reps troll around parts of the net looking for leaks and such, I don't put it past them to catch the error and fix it... but, I don't want to sound too conspiratorial, could be anything!

papluh

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Glanced over TBB's review of Saturn V and both the build and the final model sound amazing.

How do the stages separate? Is everything always attached like the rockets on stages 2&3 and they're covered by fairings? Or do you separate them and then attach more bits?

There's going to be some seriously disappointed people after the UCS Millennium Falcon reveal. TLG has a pretty bad track record with mash-up models e.g. BTTF Delorean.

The issue with the Delorean was they were keeping it as close as possible to the model that passed CUUSOO back in the day. They obviously took some liberties, but not that many.

If LEGO themselves designed the model from the ground up and didn't try and match someone else's work, it would probably have come out a lot better.

They seem to have started to lax bit on that restriction lately though, and focused on making the model more stable. Just look at the Saturn V model. It is damn close to the Ideas project, but lots of improvement to it. Speaking of Saturn V...

Seen it.
And for anybody who wants to be surprised by the construction, I'd suggest NOT to open it.

For those who do not care ... I never thought THIS could be part of any official set
https://www.flickr.com/gp/brothers-brick/729b35 or alternative https://i1.wp.com/c1.staticflickr.com/5/4167/34405136392_b23a2d8d1e_c.jpg?w=625&ssl=1

DAT SNOT! It is like someone took the parts of the Disney Castle, then gave it meth. That is bonkers to see like that, and makes me more excited for the set.

mclem

Random observation of my recent activity:

I quite liked the fairground stuff, but not enough to purchase it, in part because the most appealing piece by far - the Grand Carousel - is not realistically obtainable.

Then they announced the new Carousel.

And now I've tracked down a Mixer and am eyeing up the Ferris Wheel.

Sometimes you just need that first domino to fall...

DonShula

What's the best minifig head piece you guys have seen? Best is hard to qualify, so it might just be your favorite.

I ask because I'm staring at my son's Ghostrider minifig and the head is just amazing. The head/torso combo pieces are always interesting (Chewbacca, Unkar Plutt) but the flaming translucent orange hair is next level.

R-User!

What's the best minifig head piece you guys have seen? Best is hard to qualify, so it might just be your favorite.

I ask because I'm staring at my son's Ghostrider minifig and the head is just amazing. The head/torso combo pieces are always interesting (Chewbacca, Unkar Plutt) but the flaming translucent orange hair is next level.

I like the Ant-Man headpieces. The hybrid translucent/solid a.b.s. headpieces look great!

Keaner

Neo Member
So ... this makes the Unikitty cartoon on CN more or less confirmed.
The question is, how many new sets will there be for this spinoff ?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ts-animated-series-at-cartoon-network-1001877
For a moment, I thought of embedding the animated extra large GIF, but ...
ukty_promo_image_final_large.gif

I'm actually really looking forward to this! Lynn Wang and Ed Skudder are producers, and back in the day, they made DOGSNACK. It is about a dog that eats farts. It is truly amazing and wonderful.

Keaner

Neo Member
Let us never forget that Psiaki was working on his own UCS/minifig-scale Millennium Falcon. Fingers and toes crossed.

6732163067_1199d6a2cf_b.jpg

Top Bottom