• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Let us never forget that Psiaki was working on his own UCS/minifig-scale Millennium Falcon. Fingers and toes crossed.

6732163067_1199d6a2cf_b.jpg
If true, year of the Psiaki!

Boogiepop

Okay, so I just received about 3/4ths of a Cafe Corner that had been ordered via PAB thanks to an awesome deal in the BST thread (thanks again!), and I was wondering: he very graciously included a sheet that he'd been working off of, which I totally appreciate, as well as the original PAB order sheets. Now, is there a good way to pick up on what specific pieces they are based on that order sheet? It has a "location" (which I'm guessing isn't helpful), "enclos." (which is like a string of 6-7 numbers for each piece), description (like, this one little tan brick says "brick 1 x 3 [5]), a little picture, and the quantity. I just kind of want to double check the work because I'm a worrier and want to make sure everything's in order and properly catalogued before I look into grabbing the rest.

(Trying to clear up a bricklink list of all the parts by removing everything I received.)

Edit: Actually, just to maximize my OCD double-checking, think I'll sort through the bags to double-check everything as I go, and remove stuff that way.

On bag 6 of Snowspeeder. Fuck. Rubber bands. Was not expecting that.

Also, if anyone has been itching for ice skates for mini figures, this set has a ton of them.

Okay, so I just received about 3/4ths of a Cafe Corner that had been ordered via PAB thanks to an awesome deal in the BST thread (thanks again!), and I was wondering: he very graciously included a sheet that he'd been working off of, which I totally appreciate, as well as the original PAB order sheets. Now, is there a good way to pick up on what specific pieces they are based on that order sheet? It has a "location" (which I'm guessing isn't helpful), "enclos." (which is like a string of 6-7 numbers for each piece), description (like, this one little tan brick says "brick 1 x 3 [5]), a little picture, and the quantity. I just kind of want to double check the work because I'm a worrier and want to make sure everything's in order and properly catalogued before I look into grabbing the rest.

(Trying to clear up a bricklink list of all the parts by removing everything I received.)

Edit: Actually, just to maximize my OCD double-checking, think I'll sort through the bags to double-check everything as I go, and remove stuff that way.

Are you looking to make an exact replica or will you accept substitutes? Because if you're going 100% original, you'll probably find that all the expensive parts are the ones still missing.

http://www.beardednerd.se/completing-lego-cafe-corner-10182/

I mentioned some useful changes in here. You don't need the window pieces, the 2x10 brick or the dark blue half arches, for example.

Boogiepop

Are you looking to make an exact replica or will you accept substitutes? Because if you're going 100% original, you'll probably find that all the expensive parts are the ones still missing.

http://www.beardednerd.se/completing-lego-cafe-corner-10182/

I mentioned some useful changes in here. You don't need the window pieces, the 2x10 brick or the dark blue half arches, for example.

Yeah, I'm sure that'll be the case, and I was actually planning on asking that once I actually set up the bricklink order. So thanks in advance! Also gonna have to think on assembling my own interior and what I want to do for that...
Edit: Plus I guess tomorrow I should look through my big old bin of old Lego bits and pieces to see what I can just straight up knock off the list of missing pieces, because I'm sure I don't need to bricklink EVERYTHING that wasn't in those bags...

Additionally, take a look at the instructions for those gray turntables at the corner. Those are ridiculously expensive, but in some or all cases you should be able to just replace them with 2x2 jumper plates.

Easiest way to make a Bricklink list would be to part out the set to your wish list, then check off all the parts you already have.

Just got the first pic of a finished chromed spaceman back from the printer

am excite++

NcpYxWx.jpg

Sexy!

EDIT: On a different note, just finished bag 10 of Snowspeeder. The way they achieve the slight angle on the wing cannon is so stupidly simple, yet ingenious. I also love how the mechanism for the air brakes is designed that you can't over crank it one direction or another.
There is no weird brick devilry going on to pull all these things off, just really simplistic use of common parts, which makes it even cooler for me personally.

Ponn

Banned
Just got the first pic of a finished chromed spaceman back from the printer

am excite++

NcpYxWx.jpg

The blingiest spaceman this dark side of the moon.

So what is everyone's pickups going to be for June? It's a pretty loaded month and we are only half way through the year with a behemoth on the horizon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nice parts pack, but man that look like such an incredibly boring thing to build...

It looks like a freaking amazing, adventurous and fun set for 6-7 year old me lol. I can imagine kids loving this.

So what is everyone's pickups going to be for June? It's a pretty loaded month and we are only half way through the year with a behemoth on the horizon.

Ain't blingiest until we get a shiny gold one!

As for June, in for Carousel and Saturn V. Saturn V is a day one purchase. Carousel might wait for double VIP.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Just Saturn V. Going to check when the Leicester Square store opens in case I can pop in before work. Otherwise I'll have to hope they still have stock after work

Saturn and Carousel day one. Then I'll look around for deals on the new Elves dragon, some Star Wars set and a few more small things. Still need a better price for the A-Wing.

_Rob_

I get the printing part done by brickin it customs in Adelaide (Australia) The chroming was done in Russia.

Thank you! Unfortunately for me that's about as far from the UK as terrestrially possible, so I may have to research closer to home for something similar!

Ponn

Banned
That's kind of interesting. All the Saturn V day ones is a given but is the Lego Batman Movie honeymoon over? Must be the lack of Condiment King.

Just the scout trooper and speeder bike if that's coming out then, don't have space for the Saturn 5 sadly.

I think I will pass on the Saturn V (and regret later) mostly concerned about lack of space. I want the Carousel, but maybe I will wait for dome double points or freebie.

I still have a lot of old current sets to buy.

wetwired

I roughed out the bat-shape of the opening into the batmobile carousel, I know it will work now so I now have to make it properly. Which lighting do you guys prefer? A or B?

A

B

I'm tempted to flip colours and put red on the inner column and blue on the outside, my concern is the head of the batsymbol gets lost with the blue in the middle

Keaner

Neo Member
I roughed out the bat-shape of the opening into the batmobile carousel, I know it will work now so I now have to make it properly. Which lighting do you guys prefer? A or B?

A for sure, there's a much harder contrast of the red on black, which gives the vehicles much better definition.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Wetwired that batcave is going to be fantastic. Really enjoying watching the development of it, thanks for sharing it with us!

May have answered elsewhere (sorry!) but what lights are you using/are they any good?

Ponn

Banned
This guy will be on Imperial Flagship, although I admit that Silent Mary is better for the purpose. Not buying it as a display though.

Any impressions of the level?

Not yet. Stupid Dimensions has large updat patches and then when you put the fig on the pad you have to download the level pack before you can play. I'm going to let it download while I get a meatball sub.

wetwired

Wetwired that batcave is going to be fantastic. Really enjoying watching the development of it, thanks for sharing it with us!

May have answered elsewhere (sorry!) but what lights are you using/are they any good?

I bought some cheap LED strip lighting and a soldering iron and set them up myself. They're coloured by wrapping them in cellophane :)

Walmart finally had the S17 CMF's -- and amazingly, the first 3 bags in the row were the 3 I wanted: Rocketboy, Cornman, Bloodborne Hunter. Hah!

Now to impatiently wait for the Saturn V release...

Will it only be available from S@H and LEGO stores?

The issue with the Delorean was they were keeping it as close as possible to the model that passed CUUSOO back in the day. They obviously took some liberties, but not that many.

If LEGO themselves designed the model from the ground up and didn't try and match someone else's work, it would probably have come out a lot better.
The CuuSoo submission was just the Delorean from the first movie. However, the idea to make it a mash-up of all three came from the LEGO designers. A further problem was the existence of superior submission which just got pipped to the 10K vote mark.

Weeeelllll I just got $150 from my aunt for a graduation present..... thats probably going to the saturn 5 lol

I guess if I dont have space I can just separate it into the 3 stages

Wonder if you could use some clear tubing to protect it from being bumped into if stood vertically?

Not sure. I am plotting to put it on top of one of the speakers next to the television, much like how I had Orthanc for a long time.

And Snowspeeder is done...

C_mmHgtWAAAy32N.jpg

Oh, that was nice. A great build throughout, with some really simple and clever tricks to achieve some of the very subtle angles throughout. Yes, there are a lot of stickers, but the build is wonderful.

Aside from the stickers (which were not stress inducing ever, unlike Red Five Sex Wing), the only real complaint is the display stand. I like that they designed it to be either straight up or angled, but just breathing on this thing makes it tilt to the angle, which obscures the information plaque heavily. I wish it were more stable on the stand.

Having said that, the small play functions in it, like being able to move the harpoon gun and adjust the air brakes on it are great and help add personality to the display when it is done.

DonShula

Haven't even built all my May the 4th stuff yet and today TRU has First Order Transporter for $42 and Sith Inflitrator for $45...

Top Bottom