• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
Went to TRU for a Pokémon event and they had Avengejet for $30 and Iron Skull Sub for $18. Also found Piggy Castle for $45 at Target.

Thanos trapped in a shitty set. One of my more recent attempts to stop buying sets I will never build and just bricklinking the fig. The good news is Captain Marvel and Thanos will more than likely show up again in future sets with upcoming movies. Bad news is their is no guarantee the sets would be better or cheaper so that was a damn good price for all those figs.

Koren

You're in the US, yes?
No, I'm in Europe (France). But I still thank you for the suggestions... They may be able to help other, in any case.

I got a "clearance" Millennium Falcon for $75 last July, and the damn thing is still $119 everywhere now
Well, I think it was ~75€ on the Lego Store last week ;)

Comes down to browsing regularly in your spare time. And of course you have to have the self control to wait when new sets come out too :)
No problem with this, I'm rather too slow than too quick. Which means buying sets OVER MSRP sometimes :/

But indeed, maybe I'm not often enough online, or I don't know the right websites.

I'm in the NL and I use https://www.brickwatch.net to find online deals. Your mileage might differ elsewhere.
Seems already better than the couple sources I had. Many thanks, will look into it...

Batwing is amazing. Looks great, the build is really interesting, especially seeing the wings take shape, and the system for the vertical takeoff engines is great. TLBM sets continue to be the most enjoyable LEGO sets to me since OG Bionicle.

But I did build a small stand out of random spare parts from the set (I took off the launchers cause they added too much undercarriage to the wings) cause it looks too good like this.

TUdevWP.jpg

Thanos trapped in a shitty set. One of my more recent attempts to stop buying sets I will never build and just bricklinking the fig. The good news is Captain Marvel and Thanos will more than likely show up again in future sets with upcoming movies. Bad news is their is no guarantee the sets would be better or cheaper so that was a damn good price for all those figs.

Hyperion though...

Ponn

Banned
Hyperion though...

Eh, its an ok fig but unless you are OCD collecting every marvel fig I wouldn't rank it that high. Space Suit Iron Man is probably the 3rd best fig in that set to get to me. If you can get it cheap, like $30, that set is definitely worth a pick up for the figs and then toss the parts in your bin or moc a Thundercats Feliner.

In un-exciting news to everyone here, was able to finally finish getting all G2 retail Bionicle sets. Had a hard time tracking down 2016 Summer sets (couldnt afford them on original release), but glad to finish it off.

Really excited about the 2017 Summer SW Trooper sets...

Alright Lego Gaf i need opinions. I am torn i originally told myself i would only get the Star Wars sets for episode 7-9 mostly cause of space issues but i keep looking at the rogue one sets and really like the look of 4 out of the 7 main sets so my question to you guys is whats your opinions on the 7 main sets.

LEGO Krennic's Imperial Shuttle Set 75156
LEGO Rebel U-wing Fighter Set 75155
LEGO AT-ST Walker Set 75153
LEGO Imperial Assault Hovertank Set 75152
LEGO Y-wing Starfighter Set 75172
LEGO Battle on Scarif Set 75171
LEGO TIE Striker Set 75154

iosefe

Alright Lego Gaf i need opinions. I am torn i originally told myself i would only get the Star Wars sets for episode 7-9 mostly cause of space issues but i keep looking at the rogue one sets and really like the look of 4 out of the 7 main sets so my question to you guys are whats your opinions on the 7 main sets.

Krennics shuttle is good, u-wing is swooshy, at-st is classic and a great rendition. y-wing is beautiful.

what ever you don't choose, are you considering the microfighter version?

Krennics shuttle is good, u-wing is swooshy, at-st is classic and a great rendition. y-wing is beautiful.

what ever you don't choose, are you considering the microfighter version?

not a fan of alot of the microfighter version but i do like the look of the ships especially the y wing that thing looks fantastic.

Alright Lego Gaf i need opinions. I am torn i originally told myself i would only get the Star Wars sets for episode 7-9 mostly cause of space issues but i keep looking at the rogue one sets and really like the look of 4 out of the 7 main sets so my question to you guys are whats your opinions on the 7 main sets.

Krennic's shuttle is imposing. The wings are absolutely massive and if you end up building a stand for it you'll have a great display piece.

The U-Wing is really a great looking ship in both wing positions.

The AT-ST is a great walker, but there have been many great walkers.I don't have the Y-Wing, but it looks like a solid variant on a ship we've gotten a few times before.

Honestly, I'd say the decision is between Krennic's Shuttle & the U-Wing. The former displays very well, the latter is definitely more swooshable.

Speaking of Hyperion and Space Iron-Man (and Cap, if anyone cares), I've got those to sell cheaply since I only got the set for Thanos and Captain Marvel.

Osahi

I only don't own Battle on Scarif (but still kind of want to, but even dropped in price it's more then I'd pay for currently)

The Rogue One line is consistantly great in quality, and you won't sell yourself short with any of the ships. I would place Tie Striker and Hovertank on the back of your list though. The first is pretty imposing, but it's such a throwaway ship in the movie and the design isn't actually that great imo. The Hovertank is a great rendition of the movie model, with some cool building techniques. But it's still a dull vehicle in my opinion. (Looks great next to the AT-ST though)

Krennic Shuttle is great, model- and buildwise. But if you want to display it, you'll need a stand, as in landing mode it's not as nice to look at.

The U-Wing is great. Pretty big ship, with two coole wingmodes. The underside is somewhat bulky compared to the movie model, but it's understandable (you can pose your figs in the hold). Cool figs too.

The Y-Wing and AT-ST are the standout sets to me. The Y-Wing is a great rendition of a classic vehicle, with the extra bonus of it not being Rogue One exclusive. The build has some tedious bits (the ice skates), but the end result is great. The AT-ST is just brilliant. It's actually one of my favourite Star Wars sets. It looks amazing, the head turning function is just perfect and the build is pretty good. Also a vehicle that's not exclusive to Rogue One...

Nitpicking but isn't the Rogue 1 version of the AT-ST slightly different to the OT one? I mean, time period wise it's a bit earlier? Not sure though, they could be exactly the same...

DonShula

Alright Lego Gaf i need opinions. I am torn i originally told myself i would only get the Star Wars sets for episode 7-9 mostly cause of space issues but i keep looking at the rogue one sets and really like the look of 4 out of the 7 main sets so my question to you guys is whats your opinions on the 7 main sets.

I still haven't built my Krennic's Shuttle or Hovertank yet. But the U-Wing is my favorite otherwise. Great display piece and the mini figs well-done. Fun to build and flip the wings back. It has a nice sturdy feel to it - detailed and dense. I'd get that if I had to pick only one.

AT-ST is my next favorite. It ends up being pretty large compared to what you'd think from looking at the box (and the box is absolutely PACKED). It's a rare instance where a licensed set went lower than 10 cents per piece, while a lot of the rest of this line is overpriced at MSRP. The cockpit turning action is fun to build and the Baze Malbus minifig is nice as well.

The TIE Striker is OK if you get it cheap enough. Comes with four generic minifigs and the build is just decent. It displays well enough and the wings have a couple different positions. The AT-ST is a much better value.

ghostmind

You can't really go wrong with any of these - Rogue One has had a strong showing set-wise.

However, since others have already spoken about the vehicles and ships, I'm going to talk about the diorama - Battle on Scarif.

I have a soft spot for the dioramas, and I think that LEGO doesn't produce nearly enough of them, or devote as many pieces as I would like to the ones they do release.

That said, the PPP on this one is pretty good, at around 12 cents. Some of the minifigures aren't entirely appropriate, but if you've read up on the changes made to the movie, you could understand why LEGO thought it was correct at the time of developing this set. That said, if you have some of the other Rogue One sets this is a great diorama to showcase some of the minifigs from them (ie Baze and Chirrut).

I've felt like having a little Lego desktop aquarium for a while now so i've decided to throw one together :)

2j7zJWl.jpg

Shame the window bricks actually kinda obscure the view so here's what it looks like without glass (obviously do not try this with an actual aquarium :p )

lUIsy88.jpg

It's nothing special but i like the end result, and wished i would have the time and pieces to make something like this on a HUGE scale with a lot more detail and different kinds of fish etc.

Ponn

Banned
I've felt like having a little Lego desktop aquarium for a while now so i've decided to throw one together :)

Shame the window bricks actually kinda obscure the view so here's what it looks like without glass (obviously do not try this with an actual aquarium :p )

lUIsy88.jpg

It's nothing special but i like the end result, and wished i would have the time and pieces to make something like this on a HUGE scale with a lot more detail and different kinds of fish etc.

That is pretty awesome, neat idea.

Someone asked about Goonies impressions. I played it a bit today, ran into some bugs but nothing game breaking. Its a short level pack so I uploaded my gameplay if anyone wants to watch it. You can play Chunk in game but no fig of course (BOOOO!!)

Goonies Gameplay 1

Goonies Gameplay 2

Goonies Gameplay 3

I will upload the last two after dinner. It's fun little level pack, nothing really new to Dimensions, bugs were annoying. Wouldn't pay $30 for it as dlc, you want the Sloth fig. I preordered it and somewhere along the line it dropped to like $15, I ended up with this, the Hermione and Chase fun packs for like $25 all together which was nice.

And yes, I think its video 3 I do the Truffle Shuffle. Edit: Whoops no, its in one of the last two videos I need to upload.

Ponn

Banned
Did anyone end up picking up some of those DC Super Hero Girls sets?

I picked up the Batgirl set for the krypto poly bag a couple months ago. I haven't put it together yet. I actually have nothing to do tonight and it's a small set. I can put it together later and give impressions, anything specific you need?

Target had the Creator Lighthouse marked at ~$32 clearance so I picked the last one up. Most of the Angry Birds sets were also clearance, and a couple of Star Wars sets.

So I've been building the Ultimate Batmobile off and on all day, done up until the Batplane, and it's great. Combines super sturdy, minifigs are great, just a lot of fun. Not Batwing set good but maybe the third best in the line after Scuttler.

So I've been building the Ultimate Batmobile off and on all day, done up until the Batplane, and it's great. Combines super sturdy, minifigs are great, just a lot of fun. Not Batwing set good but maybe the third best in the line after Scuttler.

Do you think it's worth getting if I have regular lego batman batmobile?

ghostmind

One of the reasons (the other being space) that I gave up on CITY... the Friends theme doing a better city theme than CITY will ever achieve.

Case in point, 41318 Heartlake Hospital:

c5w7Xo5.jpg

ryhpNTi.jpg

The most recent CITY hospital (from 2012):

cOKc9AUr.jpg

8SiWiRfr.jpg

Yes, the helicopter is a joke, but in a theme with a million helicopters does that matter?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Did bag 1 of the Ferrari F40 yesterday. So many seemingly random piece placements and combinations just to get everything perfectly lined up at the right angles.

When you attach the windscreen then tilt it and it just perfectly matches the roof angle ... so good.

Do you think it's worth getting if I have regular lego batman batmobile?

Absolutely! It's a very different build. I mean if I'm telling someone to choose between the Ultimate Batmobile or the Batwing I say Batwing 100%, but they're both great. This line doesn't have many weak sets. Riddler's Racer and Catwoman Chase the only two that are really kinda meh but they're both relatively cheap too.

DonShula

Nice, we're getting another LEGO Marvel game.

DETAILS?!?!

$100 or bust ;)

I think I'll try to trade funkos for legos at comic con in July
Hopefully I can trade for this, slave 1 and other sets, I've got a lot of rare funko :3

I have so little interest in POTC I don't think I'd get that ship for $100. Just not as interesting to me. Looks cool, but my house doesn't have a Lego display room (yet).

Thanks.

Not surprising but the roster looks incomplete compared to the original. No X-Men or Fantastic Four mentioned in the press release. I won't hold my breath.

Yeah, mentioning "dozens" of characters when they usually say things like "over 50 characters" etc is probably a bad sign.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Here's a peep at Mr. Bloodborne Hunter:

Ik4Vw9j.jpg

I was just going to build him a large axe but those discs from the Carnage vs Shield set caught my eye and I knew what had to be done: Pizza Cutter, baby!

As someone who was able to Platinum Bloodborne that minifig is sweet, but you need a Holy Moonlight Sword!

Top Bottom