• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Eklipsis

Looks like the family and I will be heading to Legoland in a couple weeks...super excited but not sure what I should get while at the store

The smaller LEGO Batman summer sets seem to be hitting more Targets now. Still nothing in my area but maybe by next week. Need to finish off my display.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
A blast from the past:

Fun to read through that old thread, actually. Interesting what observations at the time might be addressed in the new model.

Assuming someone makes a thread in OT for it they should definitely link back to that thread

mclem

Assuming someone makes a thread in OT for it they should definitely link back to that thread

Also amusing from that one:

I think he'd prefer this set.
*ugh*
61AOdmgVqPL._SS500_.jpg

How times have changed.

One of the two biggest Lego shops in Sweden was robbed the other day, twice. Some guys broke windows two nights in a row and rushed in to grab specifically the big sets: Assembly Square, Death Star, UCS X-Wing, TIE, Sea Cow etc. Just in case you see any suspiciously cheap sets being sold nearby.

If I was the other shop, I'd be worried. This one mostly had newish sets. The other one has stuff like Market Street, Grand Carousel, Town Plan etc.

One of the two biggest Lego shops in Sweden was robbed the other day, twice. Some guys broke windows two nights in a row and rushed in to grab specifically the big sets: Assembly Square, Death Star, UCS X-Wing, TIE, Sea Cow etc. Just in case you see any suspiciously cheap sets being sold nearby.

If I was the other shop, I'd be worried. This one mostly had newish sets. The other one has stuff like Market Street, Grand Carousel, Town Plan etc.
Which one?

Another SW celebration tweet.

NRPsw49.jpg

All the Speed Champions cars we have so far... Man this line really grew on me, at first i didn't like the look of them but the newer ones like the old Ford GT40 are amazing little builds and look great!

magawolaz

NRPsw49.jpg

All the Speed Champions cars we have so far... Man this line really grew on me, at first i didn't like the look of them but the newer ones like the old Ford GT40 are amazing little builds and look great!
*high five*
I only have the AMG and the Audi GT3, but I love them. I'm sad I missed the 458. Will definitely buy more.

R-User!

My hunch is that even if they were to "announce" the "beast", that it would be a tease and not a full on "Official Reveal".

Just a guess.

ericb!

Neo Member
What if they approach it like episodic content. They release it in 4 chunks at $200 a piece over a year span. The TFA differences sold as dlc later.

That's interesting. If LEGO made each part a cross section of the ship which could display a scene...the cockpit and boarding ramp, or the area where Luke's practicing his light saber exercises...I'd be more likely to at least buy a portion of the ship.

I'm not complaining about the rumored price. If it's a massive set, it should command a high price. Continuing to build my savings and retirement, paying off my mortgage, and staying debt-free (other than mortgage) are my main priorities. Purchasing an $800 set may not fit into my financial plans, so I'm fine if I have to miss out on it. I've already missed my chance to purchase a lot of great sets at RRP. I'll live.

TheFuzz

I love SW but don't venture into the SW lego sets, but Wal-Mart has the K2-SO constraction set for $5 on clearance. I'm assuming I should get it, right?

Koren

I'm not complaining about the rumored price. If it's a massive set, it should command a high price. Continuing to build my savings and retirement, paying off my mortgage, and staying debt-free (other than mortgage) are my main priorities. Purchasing an $800 set may not fit into my financial plans, so I'm fine if I have to miss out on it. I've already missed my chance to purchase a lot of great sets at RRP. I'll live.
I still can't see how they could justify a price above $600... They can improve the older UCS falcon, but they can't really make it larger. It's already minifig-size, and not that easy to display.

Somehow, it's harder to pass when your mortgage is paid and you're debt-free with some savings :/

ericb!

Neo Member
Somehow, it's harder to pass when your mortgage is paid and you're debt-free with some savings :/

If this is your current financial situation, then I commend you!

I wouldn't be so reluctant to buy the new Falcon if I were in a similar position.

Koren

If this is your current financial situation, then I commend you!

I wouldn't be so reluctant to buy the new Falcon if I were in a similar position.
Well, I'm quite lucky... some high schools here pay their students (in exchange, they have to work ten years in public positions afterwards) so I finished my studies with money in bank. Housing isn't expensive where I live (though I currently pay ~600€/month in commuting fees), so getting rid of the mortgage wasn't really hard.

But the problem is basically the same... hundreds of €/$ is still a really large amount of money for most people, myself included, for a bunch of plastic bits. Saving those for later seems wiser, and I still feel bad when buying modulars or UCS (or Amiibos ^_^). So I can, but I probably shouldn't.

Granted, a set like the Falcon can probably be resold with little loss, even used, but that seems a weak excuse.

Awesome. Carousel was out for delivery today, but FedEx said there was a delivery exception. So, called FedEx and they said there was no apartment number. But because of their contract with LEGO, I couldn't update the shipping info and add the number or have them hold it at the fedex office to pick up, only LEGO could.
So, just got off the phone with LEGO, and they put in a request to fix it since their new warehouse left the number off the shipping label, even if it was on the order. So maybe I will get delivery tomorrow. If not, it won't be until Tuesday or so.

I am so pissed off at this right now, having to jump through so many hoops just to get them to fix it.

Ponn

Banned
Checked back on some old sets. Was 76022 really the last X-Men set?

Yup, that was it. And it also repeated the figs of Magneto and Wolverine to boot (though different variants but still) from the previous and lone set before it. Was technically for the Days of Future Past movie and then they didn't do a thing for Apocalypse, no Apoc fig big or otherwise. Now we did technically get a Mighty Micro set but again, guess which two figs it includes? Not really sure who to blame for this travesty. We truly live in a world of mutant hate.

Top Bottom