• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens |OT| May the Ports be with you.

mZa3xqs.png

Hpb7kil.png

JjX7Nmp.png

Taker34

Banned
I'm not into Lego games but can I play as Kylo Ren or can I unlock the character at some point? That'll heavily influence my decision on whether to purchase the game or not.

darthkarki

Nice OT!

Anyone else having issues with the PC/Steam version crashing? It's crashing for me consistently a few minutes into Chapter 1 - Assault on Jakku. Still in the first area. I can run around for a few minutes and smash/collect most of the stuff, and then it'll just crash when nothing in particular is happening.

i7-4770k
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
OS installed on SSD1, game installed on SSD2
Player 1 and 2 are both using Xbox One controllers connected wirelessly, no custom keybinding (some have had issues with that)

Happened on newest drivers and the most recent previous driver.

stufte

Have it on PC, and haven't run into any issues so far (about 20% complete on my save). Really loving it so far, much more cohesive than Lego Avengers was.

Taker34

Banned
Nice OT!

Anyone else having issues with the PC/Steam version crashing? It's crashing for me consistently a few minutes into Chapter 1 - Assault on Jakku. Still in the first area. I can run around for a few minutes and smash/collect most of the stuff, and then it'll just crash when nothing in particular is happening.

i7-4770k
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro
OS installed on SSD1, game installed on SSD2
Player 1 and 2 are both using Xbox One controllers connected wirelessly, no custom keybinding (some have had issues with that)

Happened on newest drivers and the most recent previous driver.
Try to change graphical settings from High to Low and see if that makes any difference. You can also try playing your game with a keyboard first, so you can be sure that your controller (drivers) don't cause this issue.

Wil348

Been playing since day one and I love it! Not sure if I like it quite as much as Dimensions but it's definitely better than the other recent Lego games. Also, they're doing a DLC mission telling how Poe got back to D'Qar? I might just have to buy the season pass

Osahi

Been playing since day one and I love it! Not sure if I like it quite as much as Dimensions but it's definitely better than the other recent Lego games. Also, they're doing a DLC mission telling how Poe got back to D'Qar? I might just have to buy the season pass
Not dlc i think. You unlock bonus levels with gold bricks

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Want it, but going to wait a month or two since the price always drops, especially on PC.

How is it?

Karak

Rated it a Wait for Sale for ACG Link

I liked some of it but its shortness(main game) coupled with other design aspects ground me down.

One thing that both is awesome and bothers me a bit is that due to the new multiblock system it felt a bit more grindy even in the building aspects as most multi-builds revolve around the same steps each time and many times not interrupted by anything. While past games might have had you build something, battle, move, then build again, this has some of that but it was noticeably truncated in other areas. Also the gears of lego moments were fun but they need to get the aiming mechanic much tighter especially in a game like this. They have a good new systems but it needs some work to really integrate it but even as they stand now they are at least interesting and fun.

If your just diehard lego buy it its fine. Otherwise a nice sale would be great.

Not dlc i think. You unlock bonus levels with gold bricks

Correct. Wasn't a fan of that at all. That could have been within the story easily and really nailed the narrative aspect I think.

Played through the whole main campaign and one of the original/side missions written for this game.

Easily the best looking of the Lego games. It's still a Lego game but I found the environments pretty spectacular compared to the previous games. Especially the prologue which I won't spoil.

It's pretty funny. If you love TFA like I do you'll really appreciate the stuff here. The Lego games can be hit and miss for me with the writing but this does a good job. The cut scenes are quick and don't overstay their welcome.

Really happy with the inclusion of John Williams's score. It's not the full soundtrack but the stuff you'd want (Rey's theme/Jedi steps) are here and used to great effect.

The 'cover' shooting sections are okay. They break up the monotony but they control about as well as you'd expect. I liked the flying sections more here than I did in previous games.

I think this is better paced than any Lego game I've played. The campaign isn't overlong (it's a problem I personally have with their 'original' DC/Marvel games) and they use the IP and characters well.

If you like Star Wars and these type of games it's an easy recommendation.

CamHostage

By the way, unannounced until today, but there's also a mobile version of Star Wars: TFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSaMN-MiZiI&feature=youtu.be

(EDIT - Link and trailer only shows iOS, but the Android version is "coming soon".)

Looks similar in performance and simplification to the Vita version (does anybody know if the mobile LEGO Avengers was the same as the Vita game?) All Content Season Pass£7.99, The Force Awakens £4.99.

3DS version Lets Play for triple-comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NmP2P6-_M

(*Looks decent all around IMO, except for some incredibly close draw distance for characters in the portable versions, I assume enemies will have different priorities over NPCs. Also, DLC is only for the console versions, and 3DS and Vita versions both list 1P-only on the box.)

Okay, this OT is fucking insanely good.

GOOD JOB!

Truly truly!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, this OT is fucking insanely good.

GOOD JOB!

Is the season pass expected to actually release on all platforms? I kinda want to play this on Wii U, but not if the DLC is gonna be canceled later on.

Tapejara

Didn't really enjoy the PS4 demo much, especially because I was replaying The Complete Saga concurrently.

Any word on how long DLC exclusivity lasts? I was thinking of grabbing this on PC down the line, but I want to make sure stuff like the droid character pack aren't fully exclusive.

I played the prologue this morning. When did lego games get good looking :)

I have most of them for my son but I snagged this one with an interest to play it. I dig it so far.

How's the sound mixing? I played the LEGO Avengers demo and watched some stuff where the dialogue sounded really weird because it was taken straight from the movies. Words cut short, voices sounding a little loud and disconnected. Stuff like that.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I love the LEGO games, but with that PS4 sale going for the next two weeks, I am reluctant to drop $70 on this right now. I'm thinking I may wait, and it'll eventually drop in price on Amazon, or PSN itself.

Looking forward to checking this out!

How's the sound mixing? I played the LEGO Avengers demo and watched some stuff where the dialogue sounded really weird because it was taken straight from the movies. Words cut short, voices sounding a little loud and disconnected. Stuff like that.
Same thing here, but there was a more careful job on it. They also got all the actors from the movies including Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, etc. to do original voice work for the game.

Thewonandonly

I haven't played a Lego game since Star Wars when I was 12. My favorite movie ever is honesly Star Wars episode 7 I think so I really want this :)

Thanks for liking the OT. It's a WIP. I'll keep it updated (with text! lol) once there are more reviews, DLC info and gameplay videos. I'll also make sure to have weekly updates such as DLC and console port comparisons for all the titles. :)

BillWalton

Neo Member
Anyone know why there's such a big price difference between the Wii U physical price and the eshop price? In Canada it's $39.99 on the eshop but $69.99 physical.

Kitbash

Anyone else having issues with the PC/Steam version crashing?

Yes, mine crashes a few times an hour. The game autosaves at checkpoints, but they're spread out enough that you can still lose ~20 mins of progress when you crash. I'm stuck on the Niima Outpost level because it keeps crashing before I can reach the first checkpoint. Need to fiddle with the settings more to try to find a fix.

Karak

Better but still bad at times. Its still got a ton of mess in various samples where too much data has been cut and some voices sound like they were actually telephoned in lol for example Lando speaking in some moments is noticeable the moment it starts while others are a bit better. Main characters are hit and miss.
Better than past ones but noticeable instantly when you go from master voice record to resampled and cleaned. At times they go with grunts or sounds versus the sample that should be there which is VERY smart game design as the original wasn't in a separate master.

Better but still bad at times. Its still got a ton of mess in various samples where too much data has been cut and some voices sound like they were actually telephoned in lol for example Lando speaking in some moments is noticeable the moment it starts while others are a bit better. Main characters are hit and miss.
Better than past ones but noticeable instantly when you go from master voice record to resampled and cleaned. At times they go with grunts or sounds versus the sample that should be there which is VERY smart game design as the original wasn't in a separate master.
Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Having played both this and Disney Infinity I might have to make a compare and contrast thread on both Force Awakens stuff.

Toa TAK

Banned
Same thing here, but there was a more careful job on it. They also got all the actors from the movies including Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, etc. to do original voice work for the game.
Ah, just like Jurassic World then.

Tempted to pick this up, but when it's cheaper. The Complete Saga is still my favorite Lego game.

Wish me luck. I'm about to play the apparently very glitchy Wii U version (couldn't resist at the $39.99 Canadian eshop price error vs. the $79.99 Canadian I would have to drop on psn for the ps4 version). I'll report back in a few hours how bad it is. I love being a guinea pig. ;)

Top Bottom