• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens |OT| May the Ports be with you.

I just plated the game today, and yup this game has A LOT of glitches. I cant even remember how many times I had to leave a hub world to get a race or mission to properly activate or not bug out.

My PS4 has only crashed once and that was after the Takodana air battle. One bug that has also not disappeared despite me closing and restarting my PS4 is the one in the carbonite unfreezing chamber. When unfreezing a character, face models do not appear and the left hook does not appear like its supposed to.

ctfg23

I'm missing 1 gold brick on D'qar and I can't find it anywhere and there is nothing from the collectible finder. Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully it didn't glitch on me.

Edit: Nevermind got it

Just be Player 2 then.

Well, I don't play these on my Wii U, so it's irrelevant either way, but that's a silly response when I explicitly said I'd prefer to play as player one. It's a non-issue for me in the end, so I'd rather not keep this going, but I was simply stating that it's weird a game would force player one to have to the objectively inferior experience, and if I were to have to deal with that it would annoy me.

I just plated the game today, and yup this game has A LOT of glitches. I cant even remember how many times I had to leave a hub world to get a race or mission to properly activate or not bug out.

My PS4 has only crashed once and that was after the Takodana air battle. One bug that has also not disappeared despite me closing and restarting my PS4 is the one in the carbonite unfreezing chamber. When unfreezing a character, face models do not appear and the left hook does not appear like its supposed to.

I almost wonder if the PS4 version just has more issues for some reason, or I'm just lucky on Xbox One, because overall my experience has been solid. For a Lego game.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm trying to decide if I'd enjoy this, I'm a huge SW fan but got a little burned out on the Lego games a while back.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm in the same boat (Dimensions being the only exception) but I really enjoyed this.

Good to know, I have a week off soon and nothing new to play. Guess I'll give it a go.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm finding this a blast. Feels a little more tightly focused than the last couple of games. The little gameplay tweaks like the gunfights from cover also help make the game feel fresh and there's lots of good voice acting from the actual cast (Harrison Ford actually lends his voice to the game!). It's not breaking the formula in any real way, but if you have an affinity for the source material this is a really good entry. I found Lego Avengers a little tiring after a while, and I didn't finish Lego Batman 3, but I'm enjoying this a lot.

I only wish they'd improved the engine a little more - it definitely looks better, but the CGI reveal trailer spoiled me on how good a game like this could look. Hopefully as they stop supporting 360/PS3 future games will get a little boost.

Boem

Quick question for people here: my brother's son turns 9 next week, and they're going on a vacation soon after that. I was thinking of giving him this game for his 3DS for the trip (he's both into Star Wars and into Lego, and it's the only gaming device he has). I haven't got a clue if the 3DS port is worth it or if it's just a buggy cash in though, so I was hoping someone here could give some impressions. I was also wondering if the game would be too hard for a 9 year old (he pretty much only plays Mario Kart, Pokemon and some Spongebob game), although I think he'll be fine.

ascii42

Quick question for people here: my brother's son turns 9 next week, and they're going on a vacation soon after that. I was thinking of giving him this game for his 3DS for the trip (he's both into Star Wars and into Lego, and it's the only gaming device he has). I haven't got a clue if the 3DS port is worth it or if it's just a buggy cash in though, so I was hoping someone here could give some impressions. I was also wondering if the game would be too hard for a 9 year old (he pretty much only plays Mario Kart, Pokemon and some Spongebob game), although I think he'll be fine.

I have the Vita version, so I can't speak to the 3DS version's performance specifically, but, in terms of content I believe they are identical. The last few handheld Lego games have really stepped it up. I'm liking this one so far.

The game's made to be pretty accessible, so I don't think he'd have trouble. Some puzzles can be weird, particularly to those not used to lego games, but overall I think it's a worthwhile gift.

hawk2025

This has been an odd Lego game in general.

I overall really liked the levels. They were better paced than usual, had some imaginative moments and a good adaption of TFA. Nicely done overall.

The side quests/missions, however (not the bonus story levels) were a bizarre mixed game. There are so many missions that simply reuse a flying segment from the campaign again. That would be fine a couple of times, but there are far, far too many of them. Worse, they create load times to and from the side missions, which really bogs down the post-game content a whole lot more than it should.

Clearing out the hubs is as fun as ever (I genuinely like this approach of decently sized hubs better than the big open worlds of the Marvel games), so that part has been great, but the missions really bog it down.

There's also a ton of slowdown and some screen tearing on the Resistance Base hub until you collect about half of the golden bricks on PS4.

Overall, it's a worthy addition to the Lego formula, but there's nothing new of note here. Get it if you really want it for the Star Wars license or if (like me) these Lego games are basically comfort food for you.

R-User!

Anyone know when the Phantom Limb pack will release? I googled around, but only saw August 9th bandied about somewhere...

Is that the date, or is it unknown?

Anyone know when the Phantom Limb pack will release? I googled around, but only saw August 9th bandied about somewhere...

I wonder that too but I will wait for the DLC to go to sale. Lego Videogame DLCs are usually very short and not worth the money from my experience

Osahi

That is the date for the ps4 version. It is mentioned on my boxart. Other versions should get it at the end of september

PlayStation gets it on the 9th, so today. It's exclusive for 90 days.

I wonder that too but I will wait for the DLC to go to sale. Lego Videogame DLCs are usually very short and not worth the money from my experience

Phantom Limb should be free.

Other versions should get it at the end of september

Nope. It's PlayStation-exclusive through November 7th.

The Poe DLC is out and it's very short.

"A Use For Scrap..." trophy (collect all minikits) is currently glitched. Myself and a friend didn't get the trophy despite collecting all 10.

Fliesen

Game is 3.49€ on CDKeys

I've never played a Lego game tbf...but might as well since i love SW

If you like it you might wanna try (depending on which franchises you're a fan of)
* Harry Potter years 5-8
* Jurassic World
* Marvel Super Heroes

Stay clear of The Hobbit. That one was trash.

I have all the Lego games just never really settle down to play them! Yet I blitzed through Lego Movie

xcRgT7p.png

Rourkey

This game is unplayable for for stutters every 5 seconds on PC
i5 6600, GTX1070

Anyone else have this problem with the game and manage to resolve it?

Was the first game I tried to stream using steam link and assumed it was the steam link being rubbish and have spent loads of time trying to fix it instead!

Top Bottom