• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's watch/rewatch Game Of Thrones together from the start

Season 6 Episode 10
Damn Cersei not giving a fuck anymore. Blows up the Sept killing multiple Tyrells and I guess most of the important people in King's Landing and then her son commits suicide. Not sure how she got crowned queen but I guess when there is so little left to rule it doesn't matter much.

Arya sure got back quick and yet again how the hell does putting someones face on change your entire body structure/voice.

Call me crazy but I don't believe that magic under The Wall does much of anything. Considering we've seen undead on the other side of the wall already.

Jon Snow now king in the North instead of Sansa who is the rightful heir, he's a turning out to be a lot like Daenerys except he's had to work a little harder for all his fortune/titles.

So originally I thought Jon was the son of Robert and Lyanna that Robert just didn't know about but based on this updated vision its clear that someone else is the father. I'm guessing this would be more clear if I read the books to get the backstory of the rebellion era characters.

Daenerys is finally on her way to Westeros with a unbeatable army on top of 3 dragons. I'm guessing most of this will be used on the Army of the Dead because she could crush Westeros in about 15 minutes if she wanted. Undead blood riders and dragons would be pretty cool to see in the future episodes.

Season 6 Overall Thoughts

This season had a couple cool moments, Battle of the Bastards and Cersei blowing up the Sept were highlights.

The only thing I'm super curious on is who is Jon Snow's father. I'm guessing its someone incredibly important but who.

I don't understand the pacing in this show. As far as I'm aware there are 13 episodes left to do all of Daenerys' conquest of Westeros AND the war with the Army of the Dead. They spent more time on the war between the Starks and Lannisters in Seasons 2/3 and even that had an incredibly abrupt ending. I'm getting very concerned that the finale will be How I Met Your Mother level condensed.

Thanks to everyone who provided insight on my watch through the first 6 seasons. I'll head over to the community for my watch of the 7th season.

Season 6 Overall Thoughts

This season had a couple cool moments, Battle of the Bastards and Cersei blowing up the Sept were highlights.

The only thing I'm super curious on is who is Jon Snow's father. I'm guessing its someone incredibly important but who.

I don't understand the pacing in this show. As far as I'm aware there are 13 episodes left to do all of Daenerys' conquest of Westeros AND the war with the Army of the Dead. They spent more time on the war between the Starks and Lannisters in Seasons 2/3 and even that had an incredibly abrupt ending. I'm getting very concerned that the finale will be How I Met Your Mother level condensed.

Thanks to everyone who provided insight on my watch through the first 6 seasons. I'll head over to the community for my watch of the 7th season.
You get massive hints continuously on who Jon's daddy is, foreshadowing from the series premiere. The hint is in the flashback itself, if you start asking a bunch of questions, you will come to realize who he is.

Season 7 just let you know, moves in a faster pace than any previous season. They basically unlocked the airship from Final Fantasy for this season.

HIMYM ending was just dumb. I literally wrote something along the lines of "anything but x thing" as what I didn't want the ending to be for me to be ok (since I had heard it was shite), and that's what ended up happening. :D

NOTE: Not sure if you should move to community topic, it's an open red zone and you're going to get spoiled big time. Bad idea.

You get massive hints continuously on who Jon's daddy is, foreshadowing from the series premiere. The hint is in the flashback itself, if you start asking a bunch of questions, you will come to realize who he is.

Season 7 just let you know, moves in a faster pace than any previous season. They basically unlocked the airship from Final Fantasy for this season.

HIMYM ending was just dumb. I literally wrote something along the lines of "anything but x thing" as what I didn't want the ending to be for me to be ok (since I had heard it was shite), and that's what ended up happening. :D

NOTE: Not sure if you should move to community topic, it's an open red zone and you're going to get spoiled big time. Bad idea.

I hear ya on the spoilers, I'm not going to read through the whole thing before watching or anything (not like I could anyway that's a shit load of posts).
In terms of Jon Snow, there are only so many significant families where his father would matter so I just narrow it down to them. I could guess that family more than the actual person as I'm not really up to snuff on the specific ages of all these people in the houses.

Top Bottom