• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5's Guild01 eShop Games Sale from April 18 Through May 30

REALLY wanted to get Order Up with this sale, but eShop lists it back at $10 yet it still shows the $5 sale banner...

I emailed SuperVillain about it, maybe they can help with that...

-Horizon-

Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud have been on my want list for a while. Guess this will be a good time to get them.

randomkid

Exciting, looks like my plan to never pay more than $5 for anything on eShop is working out just fine. Really amped to finally get to Aero Porter, even if a superior smartphone version is probably on the way.

Also I guess now I can decide if my love of Tactics outweighs my ambivalence towards tabletop gaming. Honestly I think I'll get it just to show my support for regular sales on Nintendo systems.

It's a sale months later. Deal with it. You buy early, you're paying for that early access. This is a good thing. Prices shouldn't stay static when sales start dipping, it helps no one.

Crimson Shroud is amazing, five bucks for that is an incredible deal. The battle system is the best in the genre in years.

It might look like I was complaining but I wasn't. It just that I didn't expect a sale on these games, that's why I bought Crimson Shroud the first day (also because Matsuno). Now that I know I'll just wait.

KirbyKid

Basically broken. After two hours, it's impossible to proceed if you're not able enough (that means playing flawlessly).

Not playing flawlessly. It's not broken.

Getting Liberation Maiden. Need a neat Grasshopper game to play.

How is Aero Porter?

I've put 35 hours into it. I'm loving it. But if you can't get past a challenging and nerve wracking first 12 hours, I suggest not getting it.

Will be getting both liberation maiden and and aero porter as soon as i get back home.

Liberation Maiden was a huge disappointment. Put all those dollars into Aero Porter.

BUY. AERO. PORTER.

fixed.

Seriously. Aero Porter is not your friend until you get good. The game has many design flaws as far as easing players in and allowing players to train up to the hardest level.

After getting a few hexacombos, a few perfect games, and 2 street passes from GDC, I can say that the game is pretty sweet. However, most will not get to this level of skill/play so I can't recommend it without caution.

The game is very complex. But it's the only game that has scratched that DigiDrive itch that I've had since that DSi ware game.

I am in the middle of planning a sweet video/podcast thing on this game to explain just how good and bad it is. In the mean time, here's my analysis of DigiDrive.

Parallacs

For anyone considering Liberation Maiden, note that it's really not lefty friendly.

Thanks. I was trying to remember if this was the game that people warned about.

I learned my lesson with Kid Icarus. A good game but the inability to play very well left-handed means I could never really enjoy it.

I'll check out CS instead.

Thoraxes

I heard Crimson Shroud was very slow and grindy, is that true?

Yes and no.

I finished my first playthrough in exactly 6 hours, but it definitely shines in its replayability.

It's not so much grindy as that the battles are just really deliberately placed (so like one hard battle may be like 15 mins with normal battles being closer to 2-6) and very strategic around maximizing your skills, buffs, and debuffs.

Where some people see slow, I really just think deliberate is the better word here.

Camjo-Z

Time to finally get Liberation Maiden then, and maybe Aero Porter since everything Yoot Saito has done so far has been worth my time.

Exeunt

Nice. I remember seeing games on sale in the eShop during my last visit and thinking that I would pick up Crimson Shroud if it ever received the same treatment. These sales may not be Steam-level, but it's really nice to see them on the platform.

javac

I was about to buy them a few days ago, hurray for being occupied with something else and forgetting to buy them!

KarmaCow

Yes and no.

I finished my first playthrough in exactly 6 hours, but it definitely shines in its replayability.

It's not so much grindy as that the battles are just really deliberately placed (so like one hard battle may be like 15 mins with normal battles being closer to 2-6) and very strategic around maximizing your skills, buffs, and debuffs.

Where some people see slow, I really just think deliberate is the better word here.

So it's more about spending half the battle buffing/debuffing? I don't know if I'd like that for normal battles, but if they are infrequent I guess it's alright. I know the game doesn't have battle animations since it's meant to emulate a table top game so is the time between picking actions quick?

And when I meant grindy, when the game first came out I skimmed the official thread every so often and there were people talking about farming enemies for drops. Is that mostly for min-maxing or is the game balanced around needing to grind out drops/exp?

Aero Porter is insanely difficult. It also makes you feel like absolute shit, constantly. It's the most depressing luggage handling simulation ever. Recommended!

For anyone considering Liberation Maiden, note that it's really not lefty friendly.

Damn. =( Thanks for the heads up.

DaBoss

Haha, I'm an idiot. I was looking at the eShop and was gonna get Liberation Maiden and I was wondering why the price still was $7.99.

Shoogoo

So, we're the 18th and the eShop displays the sale but the price is not discounted. Is there a specific time at which the sale starts?

duckroll

Fuck, I wish I waited for a sale like this before getting Liberation Maiden and Aero Porter. Those prices look about right for the respective titles now. Crimson Shroud is going at a steal though. :p

Does this mean that Guild02 might hit in May? Obviously they're doing this sale to drum up interest for... something right? :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fuck, I wish I waited for a sale like this before getting Liberation Maiden and Aero Porter. Those prices look about right for the respective titles now. Crimson Shroud is going at a steal though. :p

Does this mean that Guild02 might hit in May? Obviously they're doing this sale to drum up interest for... something right? :)

That was my thought as well. I don't think they have announced a date yet, but they'd be smarter do it sooner rather than later. I could see them waiting until June for after the sale is over, but that'd be pretty stupid. Strike while the iron is hot and all.

Squire

Banned
Get Liberation Mauden. It's super fun and I want them to localize the VN on PS3.

Haven't played Crimson Shroud, but I'm a couple hours into Tactics Ogre and it's reminding me how much I love Matsuno, so go ahead and get that, too.

Followed through and picked up Liberation Maiden. Needed the price drop on that one, but Crimson Shroud (which I already have) is highly recommended regardless.

I think I can finally fully justify a purchase of Liberation Maiden.
I've had Crimson Shroud for a while and it's definitely worth its normal price, let alone on sale.

Codeblue

Bought Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. It's been a long while since I've jumped into a Matsuno game, pretty excited.

DarkPanda

I just bought Aero Porter with the $3.01 that's been sitting in my account for months, and I might get Crimson Shroud after I look into it more.

Codeblue

Having watched some videos of Aero Porter, I have determined that my hair would turn grey within hours of playing it. Holy God, that looks stressful.

Just bought Crimson Shroud. Man, I missed Matsuno's writing and setting/lore. Still so refreshing. Please Matsuno, make a new fully fledged game.

Top Bottom