• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Yay, got called ugly and I wasn't interesting anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation on what I already felt about myself. Thanks for the reassurance.
Not only was he nasty, he was wrong on both points.
I recently got some sony BT headphones but the battery dies too quickly. Previously I had another set of sony BT headphones but the right earpiece stopped working. I:
I bought a Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Wireless today. With a 3 year replacement warranty with the store. It was $80 AUD plus $20 for the warranty. Lots of reviews said that the sound wasn't good but was good for the price. It doesn't switch between being paired with different things very well.

Ugh hangover
tumblr_mah73rB0RE1qdlh1io1_r2_400.gif

Kevyt

Now this is good to hear.

I’m glad it’s been positive for you Kevyt!

Yes <3

Not only was he nasty, he was wrong on both points.

I bought a Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Wireless today. With a 3 year replacement warranty with the store. It was $80 AUD plus $20 for the warranty. Lots of reviews said that the sound wasn't good but was good for the price. It doesn't switch between being paired with different things very well.

I had Skullcandy before. Nothing too amazing but it was ok... My previous Sony headphones would have been almost perfect for my needs if the right ear piece was still working.

i haven't drank in awhile but friday night i took like 4 double shot of patron, some tito.

of the two Patron > Tito.

What kind of bt headphones do you have?

dbztrk

I was just listening to LeAnn Rimes "Can't Fight The MoonLight" and I got incredibly sad. The first time I heard and fell in love with this song was when I was 18 years old and I went to my first gay club. I was so young and full of hope and optimism. The only reason why I even went to this gay club was because I saw that this guy that I saw at the Pride parade went to this club as his pictures were plastered all over their website. I didn't have the courage to talk to him at the Pride parade because I was so shy. I had never hit on a guy before.

Anyway, this song brought back all those memories of hope and optimism that I had when I would be there at that club. I felt so free and I thought that now that I am an adult, I would come out and the world would be my oyster. I would get a boyfriend and live happily ever after. How ignorant I was as my life has been anything but. The gay world has been very unkind to me and it has broken me down. I have felt so lonely on my life's journey and sometimes I feel like i'm never going to find happiness. I'm 34 years old and I have never had a real long term relationship and I don't think I ever will. I wish I could go back in time and be that optimistic 18 who thought that I could be happy and have it all.

Furthermore, my 16 year old nephew came out as gay a couple of months ago and it has been rough for him as his mother has been less than accepting and he seems so down Iately. I have kept the lines of communication open and told him that he can talk to me about anything. I want him to have that same sense of hope and optimism that I had when I was 18 but he seems to be experiencing the hardship of the gay world a lot sooner than I did. It's so hard not to become jaded. Our community can be filled with so much dysfunction, disappointment and isolation. I don't want him to go through that but I know that I can't prevent it.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to get that off my chest.

I've had a really rough few days. I don't want to get into any details on these forums (because public and my username is known to interested parties if they searched), but I really need someone to talk to about something going on in my life. I've been very depressed the past few days, and I need to know how to handle a situation. I know I don't post much, but if you want to listen to me vent or have advice, I would gladly accept any help (toss me a PM). Thanks everyone.

Gibbs

I've had a really rough few days. I don't want to get into any details on these forums (because public and my username is known to interested parties if they searched), but I really need someone to talk to about something going on in my life. I've been very depressed the past few days, and I need to know how to handle a situation. I know I don't post much, but if you want to listen to me vent or have advice, I would gladly accept any help (toss me a PM). Thanks everyone.

I'll send you a PM. We'll get you through this!

It's not polite to speak ill of the dead, sweetie.

ySDkC87.gif

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

X4mkUeY.gif

I was just listening to LeAnn Rimes "Can't Fight The MoonLight" and I got incredibly sad. The first time I heard and fell in love with this song was when I was 18 years old and I went to my first gay club. I was so young and full of hope and optimism. The only reason why I even went to this gay club was because I saw that this guy that I saw at the Pride parade went to this club as his pictures were plastered all over their website. I didn't have the courage to talk to him at the Pride parade because I was so shy. I had never hit on a guy before.

Anyway, this song brought back all those memories of hope and optimism that I had when I would be there at that club. I felt so free and I thought that now that I am an adult, I would come out and the world would be my oyster. I would get a boyfriend and live happily ever after. How ignorant I was as my life has been anything but. The gay world has been very unkind to me and it has broken me down. I have felt so lonely on my life's journey and sometimes I feel like i'm never going to find happiness. I'm 34 years old and I have never had a real long term relationship and I don't think I ever will. I wish I could go back in time and be that optimistic 18 who thought that I could be happy and have it all.

Furthermore, my 16 year old nephew came out as gay a couple of months ago and it has been rough for him as his mother has been less than accepting and he seems so down Iately. I have kept the lines of communication open and told him that he can talk to me about anything. I want him to have that same sense of hope and optimism that I had when I was 18 but he seems to be experiencing the hardship of the gay world a lot sooner than I did. It's so hard not to become jaded. Our community can be filled with so much dysfunction, disappointment and isolation. I don't want him to go through that but I know that I can't prevent it.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to get that off my chest.

First off...
4nmeoyA.gif

I understand completely with the mentality that the gay world is unkind. I myself have had my rough run of things and it honestly doesn't seem that it'll ever get better. Even though hope seems low, everyday is a new day of possibilities. Perhaps join a gay club or community(even facebook groups!) in your area, there are dating apps now which make things easier. I'm sorry you're dealing with this =( When younger, everything seems so easier and simpler where nothing can go wrong. The world we live in today is utter shit, chaos, and pathetic honestly. The gay community is supposed to be united, but I feel its divided when you see how picky, demanding, and superficial they are.

My heart breaks for your nephew, but he's incredibly lucky to have you. Just remember you are his beacon of hope, as its understandable for parents to struggle with their child not being "what they built them in their mind to be." You've lived through struggles and the battles he is and will face, and with your love and guidance, he'll make it through. Eventually his mom will come around I hope, and he'll have an amazing and healthy support system. Though perhaps you may learn a thing or two from him. It's all about life lessons.

Beth Cyra

I’ll be happy to listen or help in anyway I can just as Gibbs said.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The rage is terrible. I feel I'm pretty good at games, but holy shit this is like me wanting to murder someone when I die. I died like 10-15 times before I completed one level!

Is it fair-difficult (like Demon's Souls) or bs-difficult (like rubberband AI)?

Odd question, do you have a windows PC thats able to run Cuphead? I'd be willing to send you my info so you could download my tag and play since it's an Xbox Play anywhere title.

I don't! :( Thanks just the same though!

OMG nooooo. I have a friend that dislikes when I pay. I feel if I ask to hang out or whatever that I pay. My mother raised a gentleman haha. :D

It was my idea to see Blade Runner, so that means I would pay for the both of us! :)

Beth Cyra

This is why we have such a fantastic community on here.
Says he sweet heart of the server ;)

Seriously though I agree we have a fantastic community for the most part.

Though we are always welcome to knew peeps :). More Lesbians, Bi and Non Gender Lw though is not something Ill stop wishing for though lol.

Says he sweet heart of the server ;)

Seriously though I agree we have a fantastic community for the most part.

Though we are always welcome to knew peeps :). More Lesbians, Bi and Non Gender Lw though is not something Ill stop wishing for though lol.

Both of you are sweethearts I think we can agree to that.

I made an OkCupid profile on a whim and clicked on a button that apparently shows me how many people are looking at my profile right now. And I'm like "oh god why did I do that?". Apparently it's part of the paid service, but I got a free trial? I can't imagine why anyone would do this intentionally.

I'm starting to think maybe I'm not the target audience for online dating.

Welcome back Mr Crayons.

I made an OkCupid profile on a whim and clicked on a button that apparently shows me how many people are looking at my profile right now. And I'm like "oh god why did I do that?". Apparently it's part of the paid service, but I got a free trial? I can't imagine why anyone would do this intentionally.

I would expect that nobody would be looking at any profile at any particular time.

Welcome back Mr Crayons.

I would expect that nobody would be looking at any profile at any particular time.

I figured out that it was because I pressed the boost button, which I'm assuming pushes your profile to the top?

It was a bad decision to waste it since my profile had nothing on it a the time.

it also sucks they removed people who visited you feature.
that was the only reason i was using my bait picture of myself.

Beth Cyra

I made an OkCupid profile never got any hits from anyone local or even interested in me.

However I did meet a young lady who was just looking for a friend and was such a sweetheart and kind she became like a little sister to me so for that reason I am totally happy I made it despite it failing the main goal lol.

I made an OkCupid profile never got any hits from anyone local or even interested in me.

However I did meet a young lady who was just looking for a friend and was such a sweetheart and kind she became like a little sister to me so for that reason I am totally happy I made it despite it failing the main goal lol.

That's always nice. I gave up on OkCupid and POF is not a good site at all so options are very limited.

I hope you're feeling better compared to last night.

Beth Cyra

That's always nice. I gave up on OkCupid and POF is not a good site at all so options are very limited.

I hope you're feeling better compared to last night.
I am.

More so then I can properly articulate.

Thanks for checking on me Via.

I hope your feeling better now as well to my friend.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Have you guys ever tried to stop being gay/bi/Queer/whatever? Like being out for years and then saying you know what maybe this isn’t for me after all?

Not exactly a serious question

Beth Cyra

Have you guys ever tried to stop being gay/bi/Queer/whatever? Like being out for years and then saying you know what maybe this isn’t for me after all?

Not serious but I do know some.

Hell if I’m to be honest I wish I was straight more then I wish I wasn’t Trans.

Gibbs

Ugh dating apps are pure hell and will destroy whatever is left of your self worth and dignity. I've had no luck, only creepers mainly BUUUUT I've made friends on them so theres that! Some I talk to daily actually and they're fantastic people.

When you meet and help people, thats how you know you really hit the jackpot. Wanting to date someone is the goal usually, but I feel what you accomplished is way more rewarding.

I've debated dating females to see how it goes. I mean, who knows after all as males definitely don't want me.

Both of you are sweethearts I think we can agree to that.

As well as you are my dude <3

Is it fair-difficult (like Demon's Souls) or bs-difficult (like rubberband AI)?

I don't! :( Thanks just the same though!

It was my idea to see Blade Runner, so that means I would pay for the both of us! :)

Oh its completely bullshit difficult, Theres no rubberband ai or anything but you only can get hit 3-4 times depending on whats equipped. It feels at times the game is extremely brutal when in fact the easiest option is still extremely hard. I made it to isle 2 and I have not beat anything yet. I'm stuck, and I'm pissed haha.

Fine, you pay and I buy dinner and dessert, and thats final. Next time I fork the bill :D

Beth Cyra

Ugh dating apps are pure hell and will destroy whatever is left of your self worth and dignity. I've had no luck, only creepers mainly BUUUUT I've made friends on them so theres that! Some I talk to daily actually and they're fantastic people.

When you meet and help people, thats how you know you really hit the jackpot. Wanting to date someone is the goal usually, but I feel what you accomplished is way more rewarding.

I've debated dating females to see how it goes. I mean, who knows after all as males definitely don't want me.

As well as you are my dude <3

Oh its completely bullshit difficult, Theres no rubberband ai or anything but you only can get hit 3-4 times depending on whats equipped. It feels at times the game is extremely brutal when in fact the easiest option is still extremely hard. I made it to isle 2 and I have not beat anything yet. I'm stuck, and I'm pissed haha.

Fine, you pay and I buy dinner and dessert, and thats final. Next time I fork the bill :D
Couldn’t have said t better myself Gibbs.

One of the newest friends I met was one of the sweetest women ever and just needed a friend to talk with about being a Lesbian cause she is from a country where that just isn’t accepted.

I may never meet someone that is interested me in dating ever but I will always be glad I made the account so I can give that beautiful young woman the outlet she needed.

JCX

This is part of a larger issue with dating overall, but it seems that wanting any sort of attachment (strings) is seen as being needy by people at large. At least in my area, the largest groups seem to be

- Open couples looking for a third/fourth/etc
- Single people looking to just hookup (i.e "NSA", "I don't take this serious", "We know what we're all on here for"

So in an already tiny population, the subset or single/dating people is sooooo small.

I've had luck making friends on the apps, which has been nice for forming a sense of an IRL gay community, but it hasn't helped at all with dating.

It's funny though. I often ask couples on gay apps how they met, and most either say the apps or college. Somebody might be out there for you, just don't count it as a knock against yourself if a dude just comes at you looking for sex.

I'm a pretty private person, so the thought of all these complete strangers looking at my photo completely freaked me out. I'll give it a week or two, but the whole experience so far has been pretty uncomfortable. It's a bit like mentioning you like cold water and then getting thrown into the ocean.

Top Bottom