• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm |OT| Hella Walk with Me

Please be soon.
What was the time between episodes for season 1?

Two months usually. Episode 4 to 5 was longer though.

Deck Nine have developed easier tools though, which will help them speed things up. Although if they look to do more with the advanced tools, then that just give them more work. It's hard to compare, unless a deadline is been enforced by Square Enix.

I am still hoping this season is complete before the year end.

Totally missed that this was being revealed today. Only a week until release! Really excited that "soon" really does mean soon. Can't wait to play this next week.

alexbull_uk

Just noticed that the game updated to v1.02.

Expected it would be for Ep.2, but it's actually to add PS4 Pro support! UI is now in 4K and the game itself looks a little better.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Stealing from the PS4 Pro Enhancements topic. But there's a new patch out which allows PS4 Pro owners to choose between frame rate and resolution.

Frame rate sets the game at 1080p/ targeting 60 FPS
Resolution sets it at 1440/30 FPS *

* this might be unlocked, can't confirm.

SE Toby

Neo Member
Thank you all for your patience while we continue to deal with this situation. We are aware that some Xbox One users are able to access Episode 2 and we are continuing to investigate the situation and the official release date of the 19th October still stands.

If you were one of the lucky ones who is able to access it, we ask that you please avoid posting any and all spoilers or information about the episode until the official release date on the 19th, when all platforms will be ready for release.

We are working with our communities everywhere to try and ensure that spoilers are kept to a minimum until the 19th, but please do take care over the next few days.

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to deal with this situation. We are aware that some Xbox One users are able to access Episode 2 and we are continuing to investigate the situation and the official release date of the 19th October still stands.

If you were one of the lucky ones who is able to access it, we ask that you please avoid posting any and all spoilers or information about the episode until the official release date on the 19th, when all platforms will be ready for release.

We are working with our communities everywhere to try and ensure that spoilers are kept to a minimum until the 19th, but please do take care over the next few days.

Thanks for the heads! Staying out of the threads now to avoid spoilers. Come on the 19th!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Some people were able to play it? NOOOOOO

I'm jealous. I hope I don't get spoiled. Will avoid this thread.

JDB

Banned

I guess the only option is to just release it for everyone :U

Joeku

Episode 2 is great. Deck Nine nailed it. I'm sad that there's only one episode left.

giphy.gif

Reviewer?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I was gonna wait for all the episodes but just gonna jump in now. Seems like there isn't as much time between episodes. Time I finish 1 it won't be long till 2.

Do we know if the episode with Max will be out same time or after 3? Also I liked Chloe in the first game and went for Bae over Bay but to me Max was the main character so I hope she comes back in the sequel.

Akai__

It´s available for Xbox One Season Pass owners due to a bug.

Doubtful they will fix it because it works for almost 12 hours now.

It's still working? I started it yesterday to see if it works, but when it downloaded it was already 2am and I went to bed. If it still works, I'll play through this today when I get home.

Akai__

No spoilers from me, but what a great 2nd episode. God, I love Life is Strange.

Need to go back and do 3 Graphitti's that I missed and there are 2 specific scenes that I absolutely have to replay for the other outcomes.

Finally decided to play the first episode tonight. For various reasons I've been a bit apprehensive about this whole project: it's an unnecessary prequel, it's from a different studio, and they lost the actress whose performance almost singularly defined the main character. Life Is Strange holds a very, very special place in my heart and I didn't want to see its legacy tarnished.

Episode 1 spoilers, but nothing too specific.

All of my fears were pretty quickly washed away when I actually sat down to play the game. It's just so wonderfully handled; Deck Nine knocked it out of the park. Even with a different voice Chloe feels like Chloe, and most importantly she feels like a Chloe who is still developing into the one we know so well. Rachel's introductory scenes lived up to the almost mythical quality imparted to her by the original game, and Chloe's instant infatuation was played brilliantly.

So many great little moments sprinkled throughout, and at times I think Deck Nine actually outdoes Dontnod with the way they frame a scene. Brief interactions with established characters are the perfect amount of fan-servicey without feeling exploitative. The DnD scene had me grinning ear to ear the whole time. The junkyard scene did a fantastic job of expressing the character's emotional state via the limited mechanics available.

I couldn't be more pleased with how it all comes together. Any minor criticisms I could make here and there are the same ones I could make about the original work. Three episodes already feels like too few, but then again, so did five. I just adore this universe and I cherish any time I get to spent with its inhabitants.

SE Toby

Neo Member
Hey folks, small update from our side. We’re continuing to look into the Xbox issue and have also investigated in depth whether it would be possible to pull the release dates for PlayStation and Steam forward by a few days, to minimize the wait time (and the chance of the game being spoiled for you). Unfortunately, this simply isn’t possible despite best efforts from all parties involved.

We know this is a difficult time for you, but we would like to give a special mention to the many Xbox players who found out about this news and played early but are not posting any spoilers online. Thank you very much! The feedback that we’ve seen from you has also been great, we’re glad you liked the episode. Additionally, we would in particular like to give a special mention to the many Xbox players who are still abiding by the release date of the 19th out of respect and solidarity with the rest of the community. You guys are all awesome.

It's been a tough few days for everyone involved, but I equally believe that it’s been an opportunity for the Life is Strange community to show how much it cares for itself, and that’s been awesome to see.

So thanks again for your support and your patience, and we can’t wait for you all to play and discuss the episode together on the 19th!

Top Bottom