• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm |OT| Hella Walk with Me

Hey folks, small update from our side. We’re continuing to look into the Xbox issue and have also investigated in depth whether it would be possible to pull the release dates for PlayStation and Steam forward by a few days, to minimize the wait time (and the chance of the game being spoiled for you). Unfortunately, this simply isn’t possible despite best efforts from all parties involved.

We know this is a difficult time for you, but we would like to give a special mention to the many Xbox players who found out about this news and played early but are not posting any spoilers online. Thank you very much! The feedback that we’ve seen from you has also been great, we’re glad you liked the episode. Additionally, we would in particular like to give a special mention to the many Xbox players who are still abiding by the release date of the 19th out of respect and solidarity with the rest of the community. You guys are all awesome.

It's been a tough few days for everyone involved, but I equally believe that it’s been an opportunity for the Life is Strange community to show how much it cares for itself, and that’s been awesome to see.

So thanks again for your support and your patience, and we can’t wait for you all to play and discuss the episode together on the 19th!

I'm a huge fan so I couldn't wait but I didn't post any spoilers. Deck Nine is doing an amazing job. Thank you.

Akai__

I'm a huge fan so I couldn't wait but I didn't post any spoilers. Deck Nine is doing an amazing job. Thank you.

This. If I have the opportunity I'll play the game, but I'll never post spoilers, before the content goes officially live. Not even with spoiler tags. As someone who really hates spoilers, this is a no-brainer for me and it should be common sense, tbh.

Joeku

Question about launch time: I have a vague recollection of episode 5 of season 1 launching at like 7PM EST the night before the release date on Steam. Has that been consistent with BtS, or did they more properly line it up in North America for the target date?

Staf

I'm not done with episode 1 yet,
did the part last night where Chloe swiped the bottle of wine
. Can i safely be in this thread without being spoiled now that episode 2 is dropping?

Akai__

I'm not done with episode 1 yet,
did the part last night where Chloe swiped the bottle of wine
. Can i safely be in this thread without being spoiled now that episode 2 is dropping?

You should be fine. No Spoilers in this thread from Episode 2 so far, despite it already being out for some of us due to a mistake.

We have a thread specifically for Spoilers, but just don't click on any random Spoiler Tags in this thread, to be sure.

Fuck I loved this episode. It felt way more down to earth than the other episode and LiS itself, but it was effective in selling to me
this love story between Rachel and Chloe.

Did anyone else have a weird little glitch right at the end?
When James Amber said that Sara is Rachel’s real mother, subtitles popped up saying “but that lady was not my mother” but no one said these words. And they lasted over the entire last montage

Fuck I loved this episode. It felt way more down to earth than the other episode and LiS itself, but it was effective in selling to me
this love story between Rachel and Chloe.

Did anyone else have a weird little glitch right at the end?
When James Amber said that Sara is Rachel’s real mother, subtitles popped up saying “but that lady was not my mother” but no one said these words. And they lasted over the entire last montage

Yup to both. Agree on your first point and got those subtitles every second scene or so at the end.

Just finished it. Amazing. Some very cool and unexpected things going down.
Also this Episode had some of the hardest decisions so far. Took me minutes to make up my mind.
And the soundtrack is imo already better than that of LiS. Mother hella rocks!

Just finished it. Amazing. Some very cool and unexpected things going down.
Also this Episode had some of the hardest decisions so far. Took me minutes to make up my mind.
And the soundtrack is imo already better than that of LiS. Mother hella rocks!

Haven't played yet. Are there more songs from what was released w/ ep 1?

Haven't played yet. Are there more songs from what was released w/ ep 1?

Episode 1 tracklist from the mix tape mode.
5 songs/artists
"Are you ready for this" Pretty Vicious
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Through the Cellar Door" Lanterns on the Lake
"Departure" Daughter
"Dreams of William" Daughter

Episode 2 added the following tracks to the mix tape mode.
“Taking you there” Broods
“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“Burning the Midnight Oil” Thomm Jutz & Peter Cronin
“A Hole in the Earth” Daughter
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

I hope to god they release a full soundtrack this time, instead of a vinyl that’s impossible to buy.

Also played Ep2 straight through and it’s a good un, can’t believe the next episode if the final one.

5 songs/artists
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Departure" Daughter

“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

I hope to god they release a full soundtrack this time, instead of a vinyl that’s impossible to buy.

Also played Ep2 straight through and it’s a good un, can’t believe the next episode if the final one.
Wow thats quite a lot. Heard the Mother songs on Spotify already so I know most of the soundtrack by heart by now.

Anybody else got problems with the screen size in PS4. Parts of the UI are cut off and there is no option to change it. It's like that since Ep 1 and I hoped they fixed that.

Bronion

5 songs/artists
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Departure" Daughter

“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

OH shit, is Youth actually in the game?

That song fits so well with Life is Strange, it's crazy. Wasn't sure if any of Daughter's songs would make it in besides the new ones made specifically for the game.

Love No Care, too.

5 songs/artists
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Departure" Daughter

“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

We still got the bonus episode, which I would assume will be released in either January or February.

5 songs/artists
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Departure" Daughter

“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

I already purchased the daughter CD and it at least includes a hole in the earth and improve. So no new daughter songs probably.

I am playing on PS4 (UK) and have only bought episode 1 singly so far. There seems to be some confusion (for me anyway) around how to get ep 2 today - the PS blog said it would be available for the 'season pass' only. If I buy the pass for ep 2 and 3 will I get it now, or is it full pass only? I checked the store and it says episode 2 standalone isn't available yet.

Great second episode. Doesn't get me as emotional as the first season did, but it's a fantastic accomplishment by Deck Nine. I wonder where'll they go with
Sera being Rachel's mother.

Salarians

I am playing on PS4 (UK) and have only bought episode 1 singly so far. There seems to be some confusion (for me anyway) around how to get ep 2 today - the PS blog said it would be available for the 'season pass' only. If I buy the pass for ep 2 and 3 will I get it now, or is it full pass only? I checked the store and it says episode 2 standalone isn't available yet.
I'm in the same boat (US). Someone on twitter seemed to imply that buying the 2/3 pack did not allow them to download episode 2 just yet. Hate this staggered release. :/

RedHill

Banned
So what's the consensus on the supernatural shit going on? There wasn't as much of an apparency of it in this episode, but the first episode implied there was.

So what's the consensus on the supernatural shit going on? There wasn't as much of an apparency of it in this episode, but the first episode implied there was.

To be honest, I don't really think there is a sort of supernaturalism to this one, or at least as big a focus on any supernaturalism compared to the first game.
Episode two solidifed that for me, especially in how grounded and down to earth it was,
and more especially from the performance of The Tempist to the end of the episode.

RedHill

Banned
To be honest, I don't really think there is a sort of supernaturalism to this one, or at least as big a focus on any supernaturalism compared to the first game.
Episode two solidifed that for me, especially in how grounded and down to earth it was,
and more especially from the performance of The Tempist to the end of the episode.
I still think there's no way those screams timed with wind gusts were a coincidence. Also Sera just chilling by the fire at the end. Perhaps there is some stuff happening but there just won't be a focus because Chloe wouldn't have known about Rachel's abilities.

Also, huge spoilers. Something I didn't realize until I did both playthroughs.
Drew or Mikey is seemingly dead. If you choose to stay with Mikey, the ending has Damon put a bloody fingerprint over Drew's outstanding balance. If you give Damon the money, the name is instead crossed out, showing that he paid.

Spinifex

So Denuvo was removed from the game. I suppose we'll see a sales spike from all the people boycotting because of Denuvo?

/s

Humdinger

Just finished downloading. Starting it up. I enjoyed Ep. 1, so I'm looking forward to this.

p.s. Good stuff so far. I'm about 0:45 in, waiting for Rachel in the junkyard. Good writing. Good story. I like it.

Morgoth

Banned
Anybody else encountering a bunch of glitches on ps4? The car part reset itself on me and there have been a couple times where my character gets stuck.

jrcbandit

So Denuvo was removed from the game. I suppose we'll see a sales spike from all the people boycotting because of Denuvo?

/s

Lol, more like they downloaded it for free after Denuvo was cracked in 5 minutes for the first episode. /s

Hmm, just finished South Park, think I'll play this next before Shadows of Mordor or EW2. But I need to finish it all before Mario and Wolfenstein come out next week... Game overload!

I'm in the same boat (US). Someone on twitter seemed to imply that buying the 2/3 pack did not allow them to download episode 2 just yet. Hate this staggered release. :/

Well, I took the plunge and tried it and the good news is buying the 2/3 pack DID allow me to immediately download the 2nd episode. Hope it works for you too.

Indelible

Finally jumping into this game with the release of episode 2, very impressed so far and I like Chloe's new voice quite a bit. That D&D segment in episode 1 was awesome.

5 songs/artists
"No Below" Speedy Ortiz
"Departure" Daughter

“No Care” Daughter
“Youth” Daughter
“Nothing Wrong” Pisshead
“All I Wanted” Daughter
“Improve” Daughter

Wait, they didn't use Voices and Burn it dowin from Mother yet? Or they're just not in the Mixtape yet.

Top Bottom