• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth |OT| - Aloha, is it me you're looking for?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
J18egXj.png

J18eWXf.png

Ja1Pczl.png

JaWlVjf.jpg

J18kAv9.jpg

J18ktF2.jpg

J18vq8P.jpg

J18v2Mx.jpg

J18vhSS.jpg

J18SDap.png

J18SDap.png

J18Z6CB.jpg

J18thAJ.png

J18tX9a.png

J1S3H2R.png

J18tV8g.png

J18DZzv.png

J1SqqAl.jpg

J1Sulxj.png

J1S5QLJ.png

J1ScKBa.png

J1S1GjI.png

J1SEmOl.png

J1SG1st.png

J18SDap.png

J18SDap.png

J1S3Qa4.jpg

nW6gqRL.jpg
b8FdzN1.jpg
unwnl5C.jpg

mLxVwLE.jpg
fs4vu8E.jpg
3DdVkSP.jpg

P7LtPU1.jpg
clbn3pp.jpg
Qu6RyLe.jpg

J18SDap.png

Last edited:
Now that Yakuza is a Jrpg, it's a bit weird Persona and Yakuza are releasing so close together as they're even more similar than ever. Ichiban even has a social stats chart to raise traits on now like charisma and kindness

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fired it up earlier, looks good, there are even split screen modes. Letting you enable FSR3's frame generation on a GTX1080 must be a mistake, it's laggy as shit and desyncs the audio from the video and stuff, I'm sticking to just FSR3 Quality @ 1440p and mostly maxed settings which gets me 60fps.
Screenshot_259.png
Screenshot_260.png

Last edited:

RNG

For those with Nvidia 4xxx series graphics cards Frame Gen causes stuttering every time you pick up an item and sometimes you can't even pick up some briefcases. Turn it off and it'll run smooth as butter.

DeVeAn

Was able to get the Deluxe version about half price. Doesn’t include pre order stuff but is does have the vacation pack which is what I really wanted anyway. Also got it started by going to New Zealand with my Xbox. OK

Reactions: Isa
Can I jump right in or do I need to play the last game with Ichi?
You don't absolutely need to, the game is designed so you don't, with the opening hours have been reintroducing the characters and getting things caught up...but. That was a really great game with a great story focused on Ichiban's introduction. I personally think it would be a very good idea to play Like a Dragon first.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finished the first chapter - only cried once!

This game is something else.

StereoVsn

You don't absolutely need to, the game is designed so you don't, with the opening hours have been reintroducing the characters and getting things caught up...but. That was a really great game with a great story focused on Ichiban's introduction. I personally think it would be a very good idea to play Like a Dragon first.
Yep, and I would add it’s worth it to catch up on Kiryu’s story and play Gaiden as well.

ssringo

Played a bit under 6 hours tonight. Long enough to get to Hawaii and being able to wander a little. Absolutely loving it. Nanba and Adachi had me rolling with their dating advice. Poor Ichiban...

Really wish they'd gotten someone else for Kiryu's English VA. Everyone else ranges from fine to good but YongYea was a big miscasting choice. I finished Gaiden before they patched in the English VA so I didn't really get to hear it previously. I have no real opinion about what he does outside of voice acting, he's simply the wrong sounding voice for Kiryu.

Labadal

Should have my copy in the mail later in the day. While I did pre-order this, I am still somewhat disappointed with SEGAs DLC practices.

Unlocking NG+ and a post-game dungeon behind a €20 pricetag, while your game is €70 is offputting enough to not D1P any future games.

I don’t watch trailers for movies or games I’m excited for, other than an announcement trailer or something like that. It’s been a long time since I’ve been excited for a game like this.

Just started it a few hours ago blind, it’s exactly what I wanted it to be and so much more.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Fuck me I've just bought it and I have so many games on the pile of shame. This takes priority though.

It's gonna be a yakuza, pal world weekend.

• Strength

TheAssist

I'll be playing this after I am done with Rebirth sometime end of march. Looking forward to it and it will help me cope with the fact that I am done playing through my most hyped game ever. I loved the first one, especially the characters.

Alexios

Aw, I went to the arcade but I had wasted all my money (my OCD tells me to always buy at least 1 of every item in these games lol) so no Sega Bass Fishing yet. Man, I adored 7 but I wasn't sure if they can pull it off again and yes they can, it's awesome and Ichiban is likable as ever and it starts off way better than either of the Gaiden demo bits too, with being at Isezaki Ijincho and messing around with the old cast. It's so good. I wonder how they've optimized their cut scene making cos there's shit here that would be 100% skipped/glossed over in any other title I think. Like all the detail with the security job of a guy you help get hired in the beginning, you'll know when you play it, at first I was even ok this is too much exposition on something pointless, get on with it, but then it quickly reintroduced another member of the old cast so yeah, probably perfectly paced too.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Thanks for the lovely comments guys :messenger_heart:.

I really have a feeling this game is gonna be special, both for newcomers and folks who have played the series from start to finish.

Had to go the extra mile 💪.

PS: Thank you, my gold benefactor.

Last edited:

Alexios

Mind the game works perfectly fine on HDD, no performance issues or anything, but the loading times on area jumps and such did annoy me a bit so I'm moving it to SSD for that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Play for almost 3 hours yesterday. Soon as I get my morning spiel done I'm going right back in. I'm so glad to be back in the world and it runs like a dream on PC.

As was noted in the other thread, regarding performance, it runs at 4K 120 on a 7800 x 3D 4090 combo WITHOUT DLSS.

Last edited:

saintjules

Awesome job with the OT, OP!

Now that Yakuza is a Jrpg, it's a bit weird Persona and Yakuza are releasing so close together as they're even more similar than ever. Ichiban even has a social stats chart to raise traits on now like charisma and kindness

I don't think it's weird at all. Still different fanbases and both games are achieving different objectives.

Now, I have to play through Gaiden before I get to this. Have to find out when...

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Guys, just a heads up, and sorry for the bigger text (I might add this to the original post later):

Please, if you intend to talk about the narrative or potential sidequests, always use the spoiler mechanics within the forum.

Remember you're not the only one playing the game, and each one of us plays the game at different paces.

Yakuza / Like a Dragon games are extremely plot sensitive, and part of their charm is experiencing them first hand.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Alexios

So the bits be4 going to Hawaii are pretty sizable and involving it's not just a matter of how he got a letter so he goes there and meets Kiryu out on a mission. Although that's probably just ahead. Poor Ichiban, things go amazingly and then he gets his heart broken and gets kicked while down too...

Last edited:
ty! With that said, anything in like a dragon that I can skip doing to not waste time?

Last edited:
Top Bottom