• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

zulux21

-_-

my twitter account is trolling me.

uTrQ14t.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh nice, Best Buy will be carrying them. I manage to snag a GameStop preorder, but it doesn't come with free shipping, which is why I prefer Best Buy more. Dunno how reliable GameStop is with Limited Editions though.

I've never had a problem with gamestop orders, limited edition or otherwise, ever, really. In fact, they are probably the only retailer where I didn't get an order canceled or some other nonsense at some point. YMMV.

zulux21

Oh nice, Best Buy will be carrying them. I manage to snag a GameStop preorder, but it doesn't come with free shipping, which is why I prefer Best Buy more. Dunno how reliable GameStop is with Limited Editions though.

Gamestop is solid with limited editions, they just charge you for shipping and don't have a 20% off discount so on most LE you are looking at a $20+ increase in price compared to best buy or amazon.

Amazon's email alert system is garbage. Haven't received any notice.

Good thing I don't really need this compared to the Fates SE.

sfried

Gamestop is solid with limited editions, they just charge you for shipping and don't have a 20% off discount so on most LE you are looking at a $20+ increase in price compared to best buy or amazon.

Yeah, I have to pay tax (then again Amazon has started to tax too) and shipping. My experience so far with Best Buy's delivery is solid, which is why I'm opting to cancel my GameStop pre-order for a Best Buy one if possible, though I wonder if Best Buy's pre-order guarantee is as solid as GS's when it comes to limited editions.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I seriously cannot believe that is the final logo choice for the game. I really thought it was placeholder at the reveal, but holy shit its possibly the worst treatment Nintendo has ever produced.

Oxn

And that is solid how? Is $20 nothing? Seems like alot to me.

Oxn

Yeah, I have to pay tax (then again Amazon has started to tax too) and shipping. My experience so far with Best Buy's delivery is solid, which is why I'm opting to cancel my GameStop pre-order for a Best Buy one if possible, though I wonder if Best Buy's pre-order guarantee is as solid as GS's when it comes to limited editions.

Yep i have great experience with bestbuy.

All my LEs come on time and in perfect condition.

Fe fates
3ds xl majoras mask edition
Majoras mask LE
Zelda botw SE

Etc.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Solid as in, reliable. Some site stake your preorder then cancel eventually. If it's worth the $20 extra, then that's up to you.

zulux21

I've never personally had an issue but best buy did have issues with the majora's mask LE, beyond that they package well and ship in a timely manor (typically arriving a day early anymore.
because you order the item and you get it in perfect condition?

instead of with amazon you get it in a bubble mailer likely crushed or have it cancelled.

I mean yes it costs more but their track record with limited editions is solid, for that purpose the price really doesn't matter.

I would cancel and go with best buy in a heart beat (who has a pretty solid record and better prices).... but if I wanted to be sure my limited edition was in perfect shape I would also cancel amazon and go with gamestop.

though personally I can deal with a slightly crushed box to save $20 over gamestop, and then another $20 because of talking to CS about the crushed box.

Oxn

Solid as in, reliable. Some site stake your preorder then cancel eventually. If it's worth the $20 extra, then that's up to you.

Well bestbuy has been just as solid for me and i get all the savings along with it.

Think they did a mass cancellation on a item i ordered one time but didnt really care for and they sent like a free $15 GC to everyone as an apology. Wish i can remember what it was.

Kneefoil

I like the pins and the other junk, but I've sworn off special editions that come with extra physical stuff. I just don't have the space for everything.

zulux21

Well bestbuy has been just as solid for me and i get all the savings along with it.

Think they did a mass cancellation on a item i ordered one time but didnt really care for and they sent like a free $15 GC to everyone as an apology. Wish i can remember what it was.

same here. I try to just order through best buy.
that being said I will also always make sure to have best buy ship to me.
they have gotten better over the last year but i have still heard way to many "Best buy sold my preorder before I got to the store" stories from people who have a preorder and don't show up at open to pick it up, but instead show up after work only to find out that the best buy employees already sold their preorder, either because someone picked it up from behind the counter when a customer asked for it, or because they didn't properly take them off the shelves to start with and just sold them on the shelves.

FSLink

Banned
Amazon's email alert system is garbage. Haven't received any notice.

Good thing I don't really need this compared to the Fates SE.
LOL, yeah. Same here. Game came and went over an hour ago and I never received an email from Amazon. Good work Amazon!
Sounds like you guys are new at this: Never ever use Amazon's email notifications for items like this. It's way too unreliable and slow.

Oxn

same here. I try to just order through best buy.
that being said I will also always make sure to have best buy ship to me.
they have gotten better over the last year but i have still heard way to many "Best buy sold my preorder before I got to the store" stories from people who have a preorder and don't show up at open to pick it up, but instead show up after work only to find out that the best buy employees already sold their preorder, either because someone picked it up from behind the counter when a customer asked for it, or because they didn't properly take them off the shelves to start with and just sold them on the shelves.

Yea i always have it shipped, if i do pick up they will slap a giant yellow pick up sticker on it.

It is unremovable without destroying the box.

Oxn

Wait, Amazon US already had put the Limited edition for sale and its already gone ?

I am checking this :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRSXJNG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Since yesterday...

You missed it. Im sure itll be back on and off until release day though.

I literally went out for lunch for an hour, but luckily refreshed on my phone and there it was.

I usually dont make purchases on my phone, but i stopped by the sidewalk to do it.

M-PG71C

With Fates, I was happy to get the SE because all three pathways was on one cart. With Echoes, the regular game will be just fine. I can't wait for it to come out!

With that said, for the rest of you, good luck. For real.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I like the pins and the other junk, but I've sworn off special editions that come with extra physical stuff. I just don't have the space for everything.

Yeah, the main reason why I wanted the Fates SE (and perhaps a cause of the high prices paid) is the special cart containing both games.

This is the way to get that 3DS cart.

Weevilone

Yeah I'm in this boat too. I ordered the Zelda Master Sword game and it's huge. Same with the Horizon one, not sure what I was thinking.

NolbertoS

This can't be true. I was checking that damn site all the time, and nerver showed the option to buy.

This just suck.

The ship has sailed. Amazon made us work for that LE. I almost gave up when it was up during the first 5 min as the pre-order button wasn't on the main page. You had to gp to the resellers and order through there instead

Top Bottom