• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Type40

That's happened on a few things recently.

Ordered along with the amiibos, hopefully that will improve chances of a box.

Ridley327

Also lol at the game + shipping + renewing GCU being only $10 more than getting it from GameStop

Just goes to show how behind the curve Gamestop has been with incentive programs. They deserve to lose their business to Best Buy and Amazon.

my guess is that they havent figured out allotment #s yet for each store

That seems likely. That being said, I was able to pick up the TMS LE in store, and I can't imagine that was being produced in anywhere near the quantities that this will likely be in.

Animekatt

Placed an order for the CE and amiibo at Best Buy. I will still hold on to the Amazon one just in case. Happy Birthday to me!

Rootbeer

Banned
I trust Best Buy more than amazon these days. Got it secured at both just in case :( I don't want to have to do that but after the cancellation of my BotW ME i'm not playing around anymore.

Azerare

Are the 2 pack amiibo only available through best buy currently? Ideally I'd like to get off amazon just because of how reliable they are.

Ridley327

Are the 2 pack amiibo only available through best buy currently? Ideally I'd like to get off amazon just because of how reliable they are.

Target still has preorders up from my memory. Best Buy does offer in-store pickup on the 2-pack, so that might influence your decision a bit more.

I already had a GameStop order to be safe, but I went ahead and got a Best Buy order in since that's what I wanted to order through in the first place. Thanks to GCU, I got it for just $50.02 (including tax and shipping was free). Really good deal compared to GameStop's. Though I figured as much...

I don't know if I will cancel GameStop just yet to be safe... I can always return it if I need to or give it to my younger brother if it wants one since he was getting the game anyway.

GOT IT...thx everyone

Those who got multiple dont cancle. Gamestop doesnt charge until a couple of days before shipping. Stay safe.

I was wondering if i sign up for GC rewards. And picked up the amiibos with the game. How much would the total be?

GOT IT...thx everyone

Those who got multiple dont cancle. Gamestop doesnt charge until a couple of days before shipping. Stay safe.

I was wondering if i sign up for GC rewards. And picked up the amiibos with the game. How much would the total be?

all together, it'll be about 15 bucks cheaper after taxes

Ridley327

GOT IT...thx everyone

Normal prices
FE LE: $59.99
Amiibo 2-pack: $24.99

With GCU
FE LE: $47.99 (save $12)
Amiibo 2-pack: $19.99 (save $5)

You're looking at a savings of $17, on a membership that costs $30 upfront. You will have paid for more than half of it from that purchase alone.

GOT IT...thx everyone

My order of FE Collectors edition + FE amiibo + NJ tax ended up to be $72.65

BB Gamer Club Unlocked dropped the price of the collectors edition to $47.99, and the Amiibo bundle to $19.99.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
GOT IT...thx everyone

If you buy videogames at all, the bestbuy program is probably worth the cost. It's saved me far more than I've spent so far, but I do know other retailers give preorder discounts for free, e.g., amazon.

Ibuki

Banned
Normal prices
FE LE: $59.99
Amiibo 2-pack: $24.99

With GCU
FE LE: $47.99 (save $12)
Amiibo 2-pack: $19.99 (save $5)

You're looking at a savings of $17, on a membership that costs $30 upfront. You will have paid for more than half of it from that purchase alone.

That's not even including the points you get towards discount coupons.

RMI

Banned
got it at Best Buy. thank gebus for GCU.

and yes GCU was worth it. last month I preordered Nier and Persona 5, along with picking up Dark Souls III, taking advantage of their Visa Checkout promo and GCU I paid just $38 each for Nier and P5.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Paid $30 for mine thanks to GCU + a $20 gift certificate I got from buying a TV with GCU.

I paid for GCU like 2 years ago. If you buy video games, you should have GCU.

Oxn

Yeah, Best Buy has a pretty nice feedback loop to make you keep shopping with them. The rewards certificates come fast and furious if you're a big-time gamer.

Then add in the frequent visa checkouts, and i got horizon on release day for under $40

Best Buy sold out... I'm sure I could crawl through this thread and get my answer, but I'm feeling lazy af.

Has this gone on sale at Target or Amazon yet?

Ridley327

Best Buy sold out... I'm sure I could crawl through this thread and get my answer, but I'm feeling lazy af.

Has this gone on sale at Target or Amazon yet?

It has come and gone on Amazon. Per the website for the game, it looks like Walmart will be the only other retailer getting it, so you should focus on them for another shot.

If you buy videogames at all, the bestbuy program is probably worth the cost. It's saved me far more than I've spent so far, but I do know other retailers give preorder discounts for free, e.g., amazon.

That's not true, for the Amazon 20% off you need to be an Amazon Prime member, and the main difference is that the Amazon perk is only good for pre-orders or new releases within 2 weeks of release.

BB Gamer Club Unlocked gives 20% off any game in new condition, and also stacks with other sales BB runs on games, except Black Friday.

hayejin

I got in on BB b/c I have to get up super early for work in West Coast.

A lot of ppl whose work starts not so early probably missed out on BB.

Slacked off on both the Amazon and BB pre-orders. Looks like I'll have to stick with my Gamestop pre-order. I didn't want to as the shipping is nuts but at least I got one. *shrug*

neoemonk

I almost got in on Gamestop but they want to charge a handling fee and right up at the top it says "Free Shipping on orders over $35". It really annoyed me.

Yeah, GameStop is back up. I got free standard shipping though. Not sure if it's because I'm a rewards member. I also put in promo code saver, but that isn't supposed to apply to preorders. Maybe try that?

Top Bottom