• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well yeah I understand that but I was just being general.

It does suck the store isn't available online. Don't understand why it isn't.

Because Nintendo. They do sell a couple things on their online store, and apparently they have a cheap eBay store. But that's it.

Oxn

Because Nintendo. They do sell a couple things on their online store, and apparently they have a cheap eBay store. But that's it.

I just bought a refurb wii-u from them yesterday, and let me tell you. Do not buy anything from them unless you have to. They have the most archaic purchasing system and customer service in place.

kagamin

Change "really wanted" to "being online". Once again, people work and have classes. Being in the right place, right time, does not make you lucky for flash orders. You would have a good chance if you dat on your comp/phone the whole time, sure, but not everyone can do that the entire day. Also many cancellations happened.

This is exactly it, almost every single time it went back up I was either, A: asleep, B: in class or at the pool doing a workout (I was 2 minutes too late after I finished up my workout one time so this one pissed me off the most), C: on my way to or from Uni.

This could all be avoided if Nintendo didn't fucking cheap count their special editions. Seriously, I've had no issue casually preordering any other CE for any other company. At this point, it's just annoying we have to deal with this shit every time.

Waiting on a website to update just so we can get a chance to get even one company before they're gone. That's just obnoxious.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought a refurb wii-u from them yesterday, and let me tell you. Do not buy anything from them unless you have to. They have the most archaic purchasing system and customer service in place.

Not surprised in the least. I have no idea why companies like this don't bother to modernize. This is why there are so many licensing issues with Japanese companies, in general :/

//ARCANUM

And you can argue all you want, it doesn't really matter in the end because you're not changing what I think so you might as well just pack up and move on.

You are more than welcome to believe anything you want to believe. But you might want to consider refraining from language such as the above quote on NeoGAF. This is a place of discussion, conversation, and debate. Telling people "you're not changing what I think so you might as well just pack up and move on" is kinda hostile and not in the spirit of discussion. People here are responding to you because the FE Fates SE in particular was incredibly difficult to get for many people, including people who had MULTIPLE pre-orders who all got cancelled on. And the whole "I can just waltz into the Nintendo store and get whatever I want" attitude is just throwing salt in the wound. There are plenty of folks who followed the pre-order system the right way, even ordered backups, got screwed, and had to pay $150-$200 to scalpers as a result. It was obviously easy for you to obtain, and you happened to be online at all the right times, but it was specifically a pain for many, many, many, (most) people.

Edit - and my main point is just about the language of the above quote. Come on man, recognize differing viewpoints, offer counter points, and discuss. Shutting down and saying you refuse to alter your opinion no matter what isn't cool. :(

RootCause

I think it's unfair to say you could've gotten one if you wanted. Not everyone can be glued to a mobile device/computer. I just happened to be on at the perfect time.

Weevilone

Nope. Distinctly remember seeing it readily available all the time on Best Buy and Gamestop. It was only extremely scarce on Amazon.

You are completely mistaken. I busted my butt to get that one, using Nowinstock.net trackers to text me and everything else. I got jack shit and wound up buying from an Ebay scalper.

I work from home too, so it wasn't like I missed it due to work meetings or whatever. I stalked that game and couldn't get it, and it's the only time I've ever missed and had to Ebay it.

And you can argue all you want, it doesn't really matter in the end because you're not changing what I think so you might as well just pack up and move on.

Ahh, never mind. You aren't worth the trouble.

Oxn

Talking about Nintendo World. I remmeber when they announced the limited edition mario kart 8 was being sold exclusively there on twitter. I was home that day in brooklyn, and just got on a train and went there. I preordered and asked the guy how many came in before me asking for it, and he told me about 3 or 4.

You are more than welcome to believe anything you want to believe. But you might want to consider refraining from language such as the above quote on NeoGAF. This is a place of discussion, conversation, and debate. Telling people "you're not changing what I think so you might as well just pack up and move on" is kinda hostile and not in the spirit of discussion. People here are responding to you because the FE Fates SE in particular was incredibly difficult to get for many people, including people who had MULTIPLE pre-orders who all got cancelled on. And the whole "I can just waltz into the Nintendo store and get whatever I want" attitude is just throwing salt in the wound. There are plenty of folks who followed the pre-order system the right way, even ordered backups, got screwed, and had to pay $150-$200 to scalpers as a result. It was obviously easy for you to obtain, and you happened to be online at all the right times, but it was specifically a pain for many, many, many, (most) people.

Not really no. I'm not the one being hostile. They are. I stated what I believe and I know it's true yet I'm met with straight attacks. People here need to chill out. Everyone here gets like this from just simple comments. This is why I stick to Gamefaqs.

Point is, I've done nothing so kindly refrain from having a tantrum on me, thank you. It's awful that you had to deal with that. That really sucks, seriously. I'm sorry to hear. But I was making a simple point to the fact that it was available on and off after it went up on Best Buy and Gamestop, because that's true, it was. I distinctly remember it going up from time to time since my friend was looking one and every time I happened to check Best Buy and Gamestop had them.

And no I'm not always online so also take that assumption away. It's also not adding to the fundamentals of anything. I happened to get lucky too and in no way was I trying to attack or target anyone...I was just making a point and had no ill meaning towards it.

People here need to stop reacting to people's comments so detrimentally. I know you're not at fault so I'm not putting any blame on you... but the person who started this bullshit in this topic is the one to blame. No one's fighting anyone here. I was just talking for myself and he just lost his shit...even though it's not even relevant to the current situation.

Anyway I'm not interested in anyone's chatter here. Let's kindly move on from this. It's redundant and it's just not helping by discussing it further.

L95

Yeah, the Fates LE was incredibly scarce, I got very lucky getting it.

....Also Gamestop is already sold out of this online? Woa

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Talking about Nintendo World. I remmeber when they announced the limited edition mario kart 8 was being sold exclusively there on twitter. I was home that day in brooklyn, and just got on a train and went there. I preordered and asked the guy how many came in before me asking for it, and he told me about 3 or 4.

Thst one didn't to be in too high of demand. I was able to get one on Amazon from a seller for under $100, if I remember correctly. Only a few hundred printed of it, I believe.

The Hyrule Warriors NA LE though, is still one of the rarest ones to date. Also a few hundred printed of it. Between 300-500.

Not really no. I'm not the one being hostile. They are. I stated what I believe and I know it's true yet I'm met with straight attacks. People here need to chill out. Everyone here gets like this from just simple comments. This is why I stick to Gamefaqs.

Point is, I've done nothing so kindly refrain from having a tantrum on me, thank you. It's awful that you had to deal with that. That really sucks, seriously. I'm sorry to hear. But I was making a simple point to the fact that it was available on and off after it went up on Best Buy and Gamestop, because that's true, it was. I distinctly remember it going up from time to time since my friend was looking one and every time I happened to check Best Buy and Gamestop had them.

And no I'm not always online so also take that assumption away. It's also not adding to the fundamentals of anything. I happened to get lucky too and in no way was I trying to attack or target anyone...I was just making a point. Chill out.
no ones attacking you. i don't see any insults flying around. the majority of the people say it was hardly available. you're going against it.

this issue is you agree it was only open for a 30 minutes a few times. so i think we're all saying the same thing.

you just don't agree that is considered hard to obtain.

Thst one didn't to be in too high of demand. I was able to get one on Amazon from a seller for under $100, if I remember correctly. Only a few hundred printed of it, I believe.

The Hyrule Warriors NA LE though, is still one of the rarest ones to date. Also a few hundred printed of it. Between 300-500.

That HW one is actually rare but that's because it was Nintendo World only and they only made a few of them. There's nothing real special about it either. Literally just a cheap looking scarf. My friend got one of them and he was disappointed he paid so much for that.

Mcdohl

his is going o go up on Amazon while im on my way home, and im going to miss it....

You can try their email functionality!

VepSpfC.png

said no one.

Oxn

Actually iirc this was the first time nintendo world did anything like that, so people didnt know what to expect with it. It actually ended up incredibly rare. Like there is non on ebay, and im told its worth a lot. Well the NA version atleast.

I sold mine for 150, cause its esentially just a cheap green shell figure.

no ones attacking you. i don't see any insults flying around. the majority of the people say it was hardly available. you're going against it.

this issue is you agree it was only open for a 30 minutes a few times. so i think we're all saying the same thing.

you just don't agree that is considered hard to obtain.

No I agree that it was hard to obtain. Of course it's hard to obtain due to the fact that it was completely sold out on Amazon almost immediately, but I'm saying that it was up on and off on Best Buy and Gamestop after it went up originally. Even so much as a week before launch Best Buy had them. So if you wanted one and you REALLY wanted one...you could have gotten one someway. Simple as that. That's true. End of story.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That HW one is actually rare but that's because it was Nintendo World only and they only made a few of them. There's nothing real special about it either. Literally just a cheap looking scarf. My friend got one of them and he was disappointed he paid so much for that.

Mario Kart Wii one was rxclusive, too. You could say the Mario Kart one isn't special too because it "only came with a a cheap looking trophy". Some people like these things, and rare collectibles in general. (Not sure why they bought it, knowing it's a game and a scarf?)

Mario Kart Wii one was rxclusive, too. You could say the Mario Kart one isn't special too because it "only came with a a cheap looking trophy". Some people like these things, and rare collectibles in general. (Not sure why they bought it, knowing it's a game and a scarf?)

At least that was a little figure. This was literally a cheap and uncomfortable scarf which people stood in line for hours lol But hey, I'm not judging.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At least that was a little figure. This was literally a cheap and uncomfortable scarf which people stood in line for hours lol But hey, I'm not judging.

To each their own. Some people really really wanted the scarf (which could be easily imported, even on its own). Most of those standing in line were scalpers. I know, because at least 1/5 of those copies sold ended up on eBay and local Craigslists. (I hunted for it for a few days).

//ARCANUM

No I agree that it was hard to obtain. Of course it's hard to obtain due to the fact that it was completely sold out on Amazon almost immediately, but I'm saying that it was up on and off on Best Buy and Gamestop after it went up originally. Even so much as a week before launch Best Buy had them. So if you wanted one and you REALLY wanted one...you could have gotten one someway. Simple as that. That's true. End of story.

dude. when you say things like "end of story", THAT is actually hostile. You're popping your head in, making your point, shouting "I'M RIGHT" and then hiding behind a brick wall saying "no one talk to me!"

That's what I was talking about earlier. It's not an open discussion. If that's how they do things on gamefaqs, as you said you prefer over GAF, that's cool man, but on GAF it's best not to end things with "END OF STORY". Of course, this is all in my opinion. Feel free to disagree!

see what I did there?

At this point I'm not even talking about your point, just talking about the way you're talking about your point. Let's keep it friendly!

edit - and I'll agree to stop posting about this. I've made my point. Just trying to offer advice for your future discussions.

??? honestly no one's attacking you again but you reason like a child. you're basically repeated everything but don't realize it very narrow minded. not taking into account people have other factors to deal with.

Were you able to find a ME? I gave up on it, but I learned my lesson. Got $40 for the trouble.
yeah , i got the master sword. thankfully i survived the purge at amazon. but that situation was scary. i didn't order from gamestop or look at bestbuy bc i thought i had it in the bag.

this time i'm going to do it right and take precautions

dude. when you say things like "end of story", THAT is actually hostile. You're popping your head in, making your point, shouting "I'M RIGHT" and then hiding behind a brick wall saying "no one talk to me!"

That's what I was talking about earlier. It's not an open discussion. If that's how they do things on gamefaqs, as you said you prefer over GAF, that's cool man, but on GAF it's best not to end things with "END OF STORY". Of course, this is all in my opinion. Feel free to disagree!

see what I did there?

At this point I'm not even talking about your point, just talking about the way you're talking about your point. Let's keep it friendly!

I'm being friendly. Not trying to be hostile towards anyone. But I'm not commenting on this further because it's clear people here want to start a war so I'm just not even going to comment anymore. Not talking about you. Thanks for being cool about this.

Constructive and well thought out response.

You're going places.

And you wonder why this place is considered hostile and a cesspool of a mess. Responses like this after people are just conversing. Good job. Not even going to bother anymore. I'm done here.

Oxn

How do you call something that was on and off weekly at a random time for 30 minutes "readily available"?

Femto.

And you wonder why this place is considered hostile and a cesspool of a mess. Responses like this after people are just conversing. Good job. Not even going to bother anymore. I'm done here.
You're deflecting everyone who is trying to converse with you who had a different experience. As another poster said, "putting up a brick wall". Your last sentence in this post is a prime example.

Weevilone

No I don't agree with that at all. It's hard to obtain due to the fact that it was completely sold out on Amazon almost immediately, but I'm saying that it was up on and off on Best Buy and Gamestop after it went up originally. Even so much as a week before launch Best Buy had them. Simple as that. That's true. End of story.

Things pop up as available for moments because of canceled preorders and such. There were people placing orders when this stuff would come and go, and most of them had the orders canceled. I know I had a couple of preorders canceled before I came up empty. Quite a lot of talk about this happening on the nowinstock.net comments for the item as well, and the comments there exceed 178,000 for the game. That doesn't happen if it's not extremely difficult to source.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just want the amiibos :/

Pretty sure Nintendo is limitimg Amiibos again. I know the AC ones didn't sell well, and I noticed that like, only one store had the FEs up for pre-orders. Gamestop hasn't even put them up as pre-orderable.

Weevilone

It seems to be a bizarre extrapolation of the just-world fallacy. Hence the "if they really wanted it" nonsense.

Guys, if they really wanted it they could have simply moved to NYC and purchased it at the Nintendo store where it was readily available. End of story.

Top Bottom