• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition PS4 availability

Charadis

Visiting Japan, here's the first 20th anniversary edition PS4 they had at the Sony building showroom in Ginza:

96B37A1D-A1DC-4AC7-BD1B-8C224318C920.jpg

B2BCA7F2-7419-4ECF-B0F0-181396F9DEED.jpg

Wooaa a number 00000!?? That's just too much for my mind to handle! So there's like 12301 units that actually exist??

Sneaky Sony. Thanks for showing this to us, Candeez

Oxn

TTMDQUt.jpg

Got mine on the 24th, I was one of the guys who wouldn't give up even though the website crashed...took me 2 and a half hours.

So you gonna open it or what? Show us that #.

As for me, I'll decide whether I open it or not this Friday. If I do, I must return my Destiny Bundle.

Charadis

Are people who have one using the limited edition pad?

I'm too scared too.

I do. Just leave the plastics on, and slap a skin on the home button and touch pad. It'll be fine.

TTMDQUt.jpg

Got mine on the 24th, I was one of the guys who wouldn't give up even though the website crashed...took me 2 and a half hours.

Must've been the negative energy coming from those Xbox games behind ya. ;)

Congratz!

Please take the stickers off of your tv :(

Wai....wha?

I like stickers :)

zfTkuxS.jpg

badb0y

This is somewhat off topic but how do I transfer my progress from the cloud to my PS4? My game save was backed up to the cloud but when I launch GTA V it doesn't recognize it. I downloaded the save file locally but it doesn't show up when I go to load game.

Darvan

This is somewhat off topic but how do I transfer my progress from the cloud to my PS4? My game save was backed up to the cloud but when I launch GTA V it doesn't recognize it. I downloaded the save file locally but it doesn't show up when I go to load game.

OT- Just a quick thought did you active the system under game's?

UK eBay prices, I'm really bad at spreadsheets. I may also do a chart for volume of sales if I can get the date formatting to work. Would be interesting to see how demand is being met. Starting value is 7th of December, final value is 2nd of January

ieDWhAoOeG4hI.PNG

Graph omits a £7000 sale which looked suspicious.

Ashler

Has anyone kept the shipping box in which the console came in? I'm curious if you can identify the number of the console just by the various references.

Estocolmo

I won one by winning a Drive Club competition in Stockholm, Sweden. Did it a month ago but Webhallen (the store) hasn't been able to give me a date when it will arrive.

Just received my console that I had bought off an American gaffer, #4817.

Everything is remaining in the box except the console itself. Already sold my black launch ps4.

Ashler

Is there a way to find the number without opening

I was trying to figure this out as well. I've looked to the brand stickers that come with the packaging box. The only one that caught my eye on mine was one that had "Spain 1004" on it. But we need more examples to compare if they're actually indicative.

DashSix

Neo Member
I had put mine up for sale on ebay after i saw how much they were going for (for an admittedly higher price than i thought anyone would pay), and if it didn't sell, I'd keep it and sell my launch ps4. Listing ended with no sale, so #00759 is now accounted for

uPwASvs.jpg

pantsmith

So jealous of everyone who got one (and opened it, instead of doing the sane thing and reselling it at a vastly inflated price)

I told myself I wouldn't ever pay more than 800 dollars for one, which doesn't look like it will ever happen, so here's hoping I get the inevitable PS2 themed PS5 next time around.

Riptwo

9512 reporting in from Canada. Can't think of anything significant about the number. December 1995 was when Suikoden released in Japan, I guess? First Christmas for the NA PSX?

e90Mark

So jealous of everyone who got one (and opened it, instead of doing the sane thing and reselling it at a vastly inflated price)

I told myself I wouldn't ever pay more than 800 dollars for one, which doesn't look like it will ever happen, so here's hoping I get the inevitable PS2 themed PS5 next time around.

Keep trying.. I sold mine for not much more than that here to another GAFfer.

DevilFox

I won one by winning a Drive Club competition in Stockholm, Sweden. Did it a month ago but Webhallen (the store) hasn't been able to give me a date when it will arrive.

I entered a contest to win one of these beauties, I'll let you know if I'll win, GAF! (not gonna sell it lol)

Darvan

I really wanted one of these systems but those crazy price's. My birthday is coming up hoping I'll find one for around the $800 price those $1000 prices is completely out of my range. Congrats again to those that got your systems

kubus

Slightly offtopic but still relevant: Insert Coin Clothing started selling the officially licensed PlayStation 20th Anniversary varsity jackets and basketball vest. Not a fan of the latter, but I just ordered the jacket. As an owner of a 20th Anniversary PS4 I couldn't pass this up :).

PS20-range-880x440.jpg

Jacket - £60 / €78 / $84
Vest - £55 / €71 / $77

If you're thinking about grabbing one, quote this post for a coupon that gives you quite a discount. Also there is free shipping when your order exceeds a certain amount, but it could get cancelled when you use one of the discount codes, making it more expensive than before. I think the second coupon code gives less discount, but won't cancel free shipping but don't quote me on that. Just try it out.

Hope this isn't seen as advertising, cause I'm not affliated with Insert Coins in any way. Just wanted to let people here know about its existence, especially because it's officially licensed and pretty cool (imo).

Decided to open mine and sell my White Destiny unit.

Got Number 3519, not bad at all.

From Canada BTW, seeing other Canadian numbers, it seems like its completely random, I wonder how many units they had for sale in Canada.

Top Bottom