• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition PS4 availability

xAlias

Sold mine via Craigslist unopened. Checked with the buyer and apparently it was number 40. Buyer didn't understand the significance of the limited numbers and just bought it because it was really good looking! :)

bumpkin

Slightly offtopic but still relevant: Insert Coin Clothing started selling the officially licensed PlayStation 20th Anniversary varsity jackets and basketball vest. Not a fan of the latter, but I just ordered the jacket. As an owner of a 20th Anniversary PS4 I couldn't pass this up :).
Make a hockey jersey and then we'll talk. ;)

bumpkin

#5252 (US) checking in... HUGE thanks to a fellow GAF'er! This seriously made my year!

Ps4Number.jpg

Can't wait to set it up later once it warms up; it's chilly 'round here and it's been on shipping trucks for days. Don't wanna make a mistake and turn it on before it gets to room temp.

system11

#07755 here, bought to use, nearly sold it sealed instead but decided otherwise since the prices are coming down and I can find money elsewhere.

It's slightly odd to use - Japanese machine so X and O on the dash are swapped and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't have to read the stupid epilepsy warning either anymore since it's in kanji. Everything else is as it was before and it didn't burst into flames when presented with 240v. Installed a new 2tb drive.

Reinstalling and re-downloading everything though has been a total PITA, the game saves are the worst, you have to copy them to a USB stick one by one - and the same again to get them onto the new system, except that's even slower as it re-indexes the USB stick every copy. They really need a 'select all' at the top layer of the game saves index... I've played 50-60 games, it took over half an hour of button pressing to copy them off. Additionally you can't copy a game save to the machine unless the game is installed, which is stupid on a machine which is designed to not have all the licensed games on there at once.

Oxn

#07755 here, bought to use, nearly sold it sealed instead but decided otherwise since the prices are coming down and I can find money elsewhere.

It's slightly odd to use - Japanese machine so X and O on the dash are swapped and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't have to read the stupid epilepsy warning either anymore since it's in kanji. Everything else is as it was before and it didn't burst into flames when presented with 240v. Installed a new 2tb drive.

Reinstalling and re-downloading everything though has been a total PITA, the game saves are the worst, you have to copy them to a USB stick one by one - and the same again to get them onto the new system, except that's even slower as it re-indexes the USB stick every copy. They really need a 'select all' at the top layer of the game saves index... I've played 50-60 games, it took over half an hour of button pressing to copy them off. Additionally you can't copy a game save to the machine unless the game is installed, which is stupid on a machine which is designed to not have all the licensed games on there at once.

Why did you buy the Japanese version?

system11

Why did you buy the Japanese version?

A friend entered the JP lottery for me, and won. The shipping wasn't pretty and I gave him a little money on top for doing it. Still half the price of buying a scalped one in the UK though until they came down a bit this week.

dgco86

A friend entered the JP lottery for me, and won. The shipping wasn't pretty and I gave him a little money on top for doing it. Still half the price of buying a scalped one in the UK though until they came down a bit this week.

What are the prices like in the UK now? I was looking at sold listings and it seems the lowest one ended for around 820 GBP, which equates to about USD1240. Does that sound about right?

Damn, this thread bums me out. FedEx STOLE my order :(

FTFY... just kidding, I hope. That's really shitty man sorry to hear. So wish I could find someone local that would trade a low-number one with me straight up with some extra cash on top for their troubles.

Just ordered that 20th anni PS4 letterman's jacket too, although not to wear, just to display in the game room lol.

Did anyone get a higher number than mine? Mine was 11,784. Pretty cool.

Edit: NVM, checked my other post. I have # 11,506.

I am disappoint... I wanted a number less than 1000 or a cool one like 11111. Still glad to have it. 1st world problems, yo.

That Aussie that got number 00011/12300. I hate him.

Vaco6121

Slightly offtopic but still relevant: Insert Coin Clothing started selling the officially licensed PlayStation 20th Anniversary varsity jackets and basketball vest. Not a fan of the latter, but I just ordered the jacket. As an owner of a 20th Anniversary PS4 I couldn't pass this up :).

PS20-range-880x440.jpg

Jacket - £60 / €78 / $84
Vest - £55 / €71 / $77

If you're thinking about grabbing one, quote this post for a coupon that gives you quite a discount. Also there is free shipping when your order exceeds a certain amount, but it could get cancelled when you use one of the discount codes, making it more expensive than before. I think the second coupon code gives less discount, but won't cancel free shipping but don't quote me on that. Just try it out.

Hope this isn't seen as advertising, cause I'm not affliated with Insert Coins in any way. Just wanted to let people here know about its existence, especially because it's officially licensed and pretty cool (imo).

Thanks for posting this and for sharing the discount codes . Ordered both.

nemisis0

PS20-range-880x440.jpg

Jacket - £60 / €78 / $84
Vest - £55 / €71 / $77

If you're thinking about grabbing one, quote this post for a coupon that gives you quite a discount. Also there is free shipping when your order exceeds a certain amount, but it could get cancelled when you use one of the discount codes, making it more expensive than before. I think the second coupon code gives less discount, but won't cancel free shipping but don't quote me on that. Just try it out.

Hope this isn't seen as advertising, cause I'm not affliated with Insert Coins in any way. Just wanted to let people here know about its existence, especially because it's officially licensed and pretty cool (imo).

The coupon code will be great please, I am in the UK so hoping they work.

system11

What are the prices like in the UK now? I was looking at sold listings and it seems the lowest one ended for around 820 GBP, which equates to about USD1240. Does that sound about right?

It's what they cost here :/ Actually that's a cheaper one, the average seems to be just north of 900

kubus

Thanks for posting this and for sharing the discount codes . Ordered both.
No problem, glad I was able to help out!

The coupon code will be great please, I am in the UK so hoping they work.
Yeah they should work! When you quoted my post, you could already see the coupon codes :). Here's how it works:

1) Quote my (original) post, the one with the image of the jacket and vest
2) When you're in the post editor, you'll see my post between quote tags right? All the way at the top you'll find the coupon codes between email tags. It's actually the first thing I wrote in my post, but because I wrote it between email tags, that part is hidden in normal view (because I don't want to get into trouble for posting them for everyone to see).

Hope you can find them now, otherwise I'll just send you a PM! :)

BahamutPT

I'm so happy I managed to get one earlier today in the Portuguese auction :D

Now the waiting game begins! Hoping they'll ship it soon.

#6418 and had a few weeks with it now. What an incredibly uninteresting number.

I feel bad using the LE controller and should really buy a regular one. Even if they make the color scheme available eventually (and I hope they do) I just realized today that it probably won't have the special etching. Still cannot get over how incredible the packaging is and how they apparently went to great lengths to design special boxing for just these.

Put in a 1TB SSHD before ever powering it up, 100% perfect and I hope to be able to use this thing for the entire generation. If the HDD dies I'll buy a new one. If the console dies I'll pay to have it fixed. If there is no one to fix it I'll keep the dead unit. This thing is too damn cool. Cannot will myself to take the tape of the glossy half of the top yet and thus looks sorta ridiculous on my shelf, lol. Love the white and orange case LED bar on the grey case vs the black.

At some point we should go through the thread and do a GAF tally. Combine people who posted they got in and order and/or posted a number or just say they got one. We assume good faith 'round these parts. Even if we get to 120 realize that that's 1% of all of this in existence on our forums!

TheGamer

PS20-range-880x440.jpg

Jacket - £60 / €78 / $84
Vest - £55 / €71 / $77

Excellent. Thanks for the heads up. I decided to pick up a jacket.

BahamutPT

Is this whole winning and buying thing from Sony still going on in the rest of the world?

Not sure why we got this promotion so late. There was one around Christmas, where we had to send them a picture or whatever showing our PS love, but I believe that was pan-European and not country-based.

Congrats! How does the Portugese auction work? Will all 40 sets be sold at 1116EUR?

Thanks! The auction started on Friday and lasted all weekend, so it's actually over now. It was a single auction, with the 40 sets being awarded to the 40 highest bids.
It started at €499 (minimum bid) and people could bid whatever amount they wanted. The site always tracked the lowest winning bid, so people always knew how much they AT LEAST had to bid to be in a winning position. The lowest winning bid was €855, so the remaining 39 were sold for amounts going up to €1116. Not sure if they'll post a full list.
All proceeds will go towards a nonprofit organization promoting the integration of the physically disabled, and that's very cool too.

Ashler

Thanks! The auction started on Friday and lasted all weekend, so it's actually over now. It was a single auction, with the 40 sets being awarded to the 40 highest bids.
It started at €499 (minimum bid) and people could bid whatever amount they wanted. The site always tracked the lowest winning bid, so people always knew how much they AT LEAST had to bid to be in a winning position. The lowest winning bid was €855, so the remaining 39 were sold for amounts going up to €1116. Not sure if they'll post a full list.
All proceeds will go towards a nonprofit organization promoting the integration of the physically disabled, and that's very cool too.

Congrats on yours BahamutPT ;)

Mafia Films

Neo Member
WP_000090_zpsfb75ceed.jpg

Just saw this in store about 1 hour ago, get yours today at your local walmart, may not be able to snag the actual system, but at least i can get a near identical styled controller to feel that 20th anniversary vibe

I heard people wishing theyd release these but never actually heard evidence they were

Oxn

WP_000090_zpsfb75ceed.jpg

Just saw this in store about 1 hour ago, get yours today at your local walmart, may not be able to snag the actual system, but at least i can get a near identical styled controller to feel that 20th anniversary vibe

I heard people wishing theyd release these but never actually heard evidence they were

What are you talking about? Thats a White controller.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
What are you talking about? Thats a White controller.

you better look again pal i thought that at first and did a double take.

Look at the bottom of the box it says for ps4,PS TV, PS now, so its obv a new production, other dualshock 4 boxes dont say this and just say For PS4

Oxn

you better look again pal i thought that at first and did a double take.

Look at the bottom of the box it says for ps4,PS TV, PS now, so its obv a new production, other dualshock 4 boxes dont say this and just say For PS4

Yea??? But unless the lighting is terrible, its still a white controller in a different packaging.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Yea??? But unless the lighting is terrible, its still a white controller in a different packaging.

its the lighting. I got down close and looked at it and its grey, I looked over to see the white controller which they had in the other case and it wasnt the same as this. It could be a pale white, but def looks grey to me and ISNT the same controller as the destiny white dualshock 4. So either they copied the grey DS1 scheme or this is something slightly different.

heres a slightly different angle/reflection..

WP_000089_zps7b22bde6.jpg

Oxn

its the lighting. I got down close and looked at it and its grey, I looked over to see the white controller which they had in the other case and it wasnt the same as this. It could be a pale white, but def looks grey to me and ISNT the same controller as the destiny white dualshock 4. So either they copied the grey DS1 scheme or this is something slightly different.

heres a slightly different angle/reflection..

WP_000089_zps7b22bde6.jpg

Well gonna have to take your word for it, cause its hard to tell.

Seeing as I havent opened my 20th Anniversary edition yet i cant really compare, but several pictures on the internet shows it very light and some show darker, so I dunno.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Well gonna have to take your word for it, cause its hard to tell.

Seeing as I havent opened my 20th Anniversary edition yet i cant really compare, but several pictures on the internet shows it very light and some show darker, so I dunno.

I just dont understand people were wondering if they were going to release the grey colored scheme separate from the 20th anniversary bundle, heard no news about it...cant find anything searching about it on google..then saw this today

And im not trying to hoax it or anything, just am HYPE!

Ijust blew some amazon credit to get a Red DS4, now they have this but its available no where and I still have ammy credit left, would buy this instantly if they had it available on there.

Top Bottom