• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

I'm depressed to see N++'s first batch hasn't sold out. Don't sleep on this one, guys. It's a joy to play.

I love the game but a lot of what I love about it involves the online functionality, so I'm not that interested in it as a physical copy. I assume a lot of people feel similarly.

Holy crap that second batch of Lili Limited Edition went fast. No blue cover or slip cover for me. It was gone before I could check out. You'd think this game had Dana Plato in it or something.

People are so desensitised by all the 30 second sellouts that something that's sitting at 22% after less then a day is suddenly "depressing".

That is what I find depressing.

I think we are primed to feel bummed out by it. There has been enough implication by LRG since inception that if something doesn't sell out it could be catastrophic. People who personally love certain titles feel sad that a larger community don't see a physical print of their favorite game as something special. And the short term speculators feel sad that they won't become Ebay millionaires.

Weevilone

I think we are primed to feel bummed out by it. There has been enough implication by LRG since inception that if something doesn't sell out it could be catastrophic. People who personally love certain titles feel sad that a larger community don't see a physical print of their favorite game as something special. And the short term speculators feel sad that they won't become Ebay millionaires.

I mean it's inevitable regardless. They can't nail every print run prediction indefinitely.

I do think having a complete game on disk is a driver for success though, so if a developer has made it known about an important bug-fix patch, or significant content patch, they had better make sure it's in there.

Got my Wonder Boy, Drive Drive Drive, and Neurovoider today. I have to say, those three have some of the best cover art LRG has ever done.

Almost accidentally threw out my Wonder Boy card and ticket because I initially forgot to look for them inside the envelope. :O

Silly complaint, but is it possible for you guys at LRG to upgrade the type of envelope you use? They're flimsy as heck and the glue residue is messy and kind of a pain. I know we can add a box to our order, but if a better envelope is possible instead, that would be really helpful. Am I the only one who thinks this? I've never seen anyone else bring it up.

Surprised to see Lili sell out much quicker than N++. Wasn't expecting that one at all given the critical acclaim the latter gets.

So down for this. Hope we get Revenant Saga too. Only way for us dirty Europeans to play Kemco games on Vita these days.

Pleased to see the positive reaction to the announcement here. Getting ripped to shreds on reddit lol.

PS4 cover looks way nicer.

Oof. I would take that PS4 cover all day long but the Vita version is... just ehh. Still, I like it better than the one being offered in Asia so will probably plump for LRG's version.

Ventara

I felt like either there are die-hards, complete collectors.... or people picking it up "because it's an LE!!" That bought it, mostly.

Yeah. I mean, it's pretty much $15 extra for a slipcover and a 24-page manual.

I wonder if N++ had a similar thing, would it have sold just as fast?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I mean, it's pretty much $15 extra for a slipcover and a 24-page manual.

I wonder if N++ had a similar thing, would it have sold just as fast?

Probably. I do think some people (as mentioned above) weren't happy about the DLC thing though.

I guess I'll grab n++ when I get home.

Really surprised to see it not selling out though, especially since I thought Lili was a really lackluster looking title.

NR1

Was able to order both Lili and N++ during the 2nd batch today.

My copies of Drive Drive Drive and Neuro Voider arrived yesterday. Oddly enough, I got a LRG Collection Checklist card for Drive Drive Drive along with collector cards for both titles (Cards 018 & 024).

hawk2025

Accidentaly ordered 3 copies of N++ instead of just one and they won't be able to cancel two of them.

Oops for me I guess. At least I'll get all dem trading cards :p

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Accidentaly ordered 3 copies of N++ instead of just one and they won't be able to cancel two of them.

Oops for me I guess. At least I'll get all dem trading cards :p

Has anyone ever had a successful cancelation with them? You'd think that an accidental order of 3 would fall into the "yeah this was an honest mistake, let us fix it for you" territory.

i-Jest

So just so I'm clear about extra Friday. YS Origin is going to be a 24hr preorder right? It won't be first come first serve like normally.

Weevilone

Has anyone ever had a successful cancelation with them? You'd think that an accidental order of 3 would fall into the "yeah this was an honest mistake, let us fix it for you" territory.

I mean they accidentally shipped me an entire order twice... and I haven't been able to get a shipping label out of them. They did "offer" to charge me for them though, if I didn't send them back.

That moment you realize auto correct fucked up a word in your sentence. I meant next Friday.

Welp, thanks for answering.

Okay cool, I'll play the waiting game like everyone else. Good luck to all of use aiming for the LRG release.

They said details will release on Monday.

Top Bottom