• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we're in a weird spot on that. We did all the work for implementing localization for an EU release but then our client decided against paying for the actual translations. A release in EU apparently requires some level of localization (from what I've been told) and we unfortunately don't have the capacity to pay for that ourselves (at least at the moment). The physical version is really the only way to get the game in EU until our client decides to localize it.

From my experience (just as a customer!) the only thing that is required by SCEE to be localized is the description and other text on the PS store, and while that has been a hurdle for some publishers (hi Nicalis and 5pb) it really shouldn't be. They even accept machine translations, though that makes you look a bit lazy :)

The game itself can be 100% english. So if you're still interested in publishing in Europe, don't let that stop you. You might even be able to crowdsource the store translations, I'm sure you've earned the goodwill by now. I can do the German one :)

Thanks guys, I'll check in with our client on that and get some clarification on what SCEE asked for regarding localization. We're shooting ourselves in the foot by only being available in the US as the Vita is much more popular in other countries.

Man, I can't decide whether I want to try to grab a copy of Breach and Clear or not. On one hand, I've started a nice little Vita collection, so it would be nice to have. On the other hand, I have absolutely no real interest in the actual game. Maybe it would surprise me though?

Man, I can't decide whether I want to try to grab a copy of Breach and Clear or not. On one hand, I've started a nice little Vita collection, so it would be nice to have. On the other hand, I have absolutely no real interest in the actual game. Maybe it would surprise me though?

I'd imagine even if you don't enjoy it someone down the line would probably be willing to buy it off of you or trade you something else for it. I don't think it will sell out in a flash, but it should hopefully sell out within a week or two and after that it will never be available again. There's not too much to lose because someone, somewhere, will probably always be willing to take it off your hands in the future. :)

I'd imagine even if you don't enjoy it someone down the line would probably be willing to buy it off of you or trade you something else for it. I don't think it will sell out in a flash, but it should hopefully sell out within a week or two and after that it will never be available again. There's not too much to lose because someone, somewhere, will probably always be willing to take it off your hands in the future. :)

Not that you're biased or anything. =P

But yeah, I'm picking it up. I would hate for this to be impossible to find if I become more serious about my Vita collection later on.

Got mine! Looks like they've sold maybe ~10% so far?

Edit: Initial sales are looking pretty good. I'm sure it'll slow down eventually, but not bad! Good chance of them selling out even sooner than they expected.

Available now. I'm gonna hold off until they announce the #TeamHandheld giveaway winners, hope copies last for a while (or I win the giveaway :D).

ccgear

Banned
Is there a place with more information/pictures about the protective cases?

Was thinking a dozen or two wouldn't be a terrible idea perhaps . . . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom