• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wereroku

Thanks for the support so far guys! Looks like we're closing in on 25% sold which is our break even point!

Haha I just noticed your address Cary has some of the best restaurants I really need to stop by Taipei 101 again. Anyway always good to see game studios and businesses that are in nc.

Drago

Got one because I'm a sucker. Order #1347, assuming that means I'm 1347/1500 they're going super quick.

Edit: going by the bar on the item page, definitely not the case lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got my copy ordered! More than happy to support this kind of behavior.

emb

Got one because I'm a sucker. Order #1347, assuming that means I'm 1347/1500 they're going super quick.
I was 1339, so it seems that way. They mentioned it was over 25%, so it can't be counting down.

Hopefully a quick sell-out will mean the limited runs keep getting a little bigger for a while. Or better yet, in the future maybe preorders can be taken before deciding how many to print.

Got an order in. I had a feeling they wouldn't last long regardless of what game was available. I hope this is as successful as Limited Run Games hopes and it leads to more games getting a Physical release.

Ramune

Ordered to support this kind of thing and physical Vita games! :)
Glad I checked the thread or I would have missed this!

Knuf

Order just placed, I was #1389, you guys better place your order right now before copies are all gone.

I was 1365. Took forever to get their site and paypal to complete my order.

Maybe they started with order numbers at 1000....

Or maybe this, since it seems from the counter there are still more than 375 copies left.

Shizuka

Also, this confirms people ordering several copies on a single order. The number of orders aren't matching the number of copies sold already.

emb

Anyway, I'm pretty glad I was able to get one. I forgot about it, wasn't waiting ready. Only remembered since I saw the thread bumped. 10 minutes late, and I think I barely made it in time.

It's actually kind of fun watching the bar. I bet it was nerve wracking for the guys at Limited Run at first, but the game is quickly selling out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
"We're gonna need a bigger print run."

Haha yes.
That demand!

jaws-bigger-boat.jpg

Megauap

There is a way to know exactly how many copies are left (please Limited Run don't fix this!).
You just have to put a number greater than 1500 in quantity and click the button to add it to the cart. A message will appear telling you that you can only add x number of copies. That's the exact number of copies left.
It is at 222 copies right now! Good job Limited Run!

cheesekao

I'm quite surprised that the break even point is only 25% of the total copies printed. All the best to the peeps at LRG. I'd buy one buy importing from halfway across the world has always been an iffy thing for me.

Shizuka

There is a way to know exactly how many copies are left (please Limited Run don't fix this!).
You just have to put a number greater than 1500 in quantity and click the button to add it to the cart. A message will appear telling you that you can only add x number of copies. That's the exact number of copies left.
It is at 222 copies right now! Good job Limited Run!

I think Amazon used to do that, I remember the same thing when the limited edition for DJ MAX Technika Tune went for sale a few years ago.

Friggz

randomly checked the gaming side before going to grab lunch...glad i saw this thread.

Make an impulse buy.

Order confirmation for order #1466

Shizuka

I panicked, was red in like a minute I can't risk not get my copy! Was order 1470, so less than 30 copies now!

That's not how it works, specially when people can make one order for several copies. The real way to check how many copies left (add a big number to the order, see how many are still available for sale) and you'll get 177 copies left.

iuuk

That's not how it works, specially when people can make one order for several copies. The real way to check how many copies left (add a big number to the order, see how many are still available for sale) and you'll get 177 copies left.

If the order number is related to the actual number of orders placed wouldn't people ordering multiple copies make it sell out way before order number 1500?

Glad I saw this thread btw, had my tab open all day but completely forgot about refreshing it. Got my order in.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If the order number is related to the actual number of orders placed wouldn't people ordering multiple copies make it sell out way before order number 1500?

Glad I saw this thread btw, had my tab open all day but completely forgot about refreshing it. Got my order in.

Order count started at 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom