• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh, my copy of Oxenfree arrived damaged today. It shipped in this little black packet that seemed too tight and broke, and as a result the game got damaged too. Have to go to all the trouble of getting this shipped back now.

Definitely, contact our support agents about this. We would love to see some pictures of the game itself being damaged as that is extremely rare and want to make sure it's replaced.

Weevilone

Definitely, contact our support agents about this. We would love to see some pictures of the game itself being damaged as that is extremely rare and want to make sure it's replaced.

I'm surprised you don't have more breakage using the padded envelopes. I probably return 20-25% of the games and Blu-rays I get from Amazon because they arrive smashed to bits.

Post from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5umctf/limited_edition_physical_release_of_the_swindle/

We've got something really, really, exciting coming to the Vita shortly that we can't wait to announce. We think you guys are going to be really excited about it! :)

Any guesses?

Do you have a response about the declared value of the Oddworld cards? Are they gonna be $50 or $0 for customs?

Semoreh

Ready to F5 !
In addition to Dear Esther, I'll purchase only one Swindle, won't open it, will test the free ps+ version, and sell it sealed if I really don't like it (as I suspect I will).

Yeah, I'd like to know that, too. Got digital Dear Esther on Steam and PS4 already, so I need some incentive to triple dip.

Looks like it doesn't. if it did i guess someone wouldve told us / it would be mentioned / highlighted

Bought 1 copy because i like the chinese room. If we had manual confirmation idve bought 2.

Ashler

Just jumped off my chair as soon as I received the NOW AVAILABLE email from LimitedRungames, about 4 mins ahead of schedule.

... NOT COOL LimitedRunGames!!!

Got all 3, i'm good =)

The code for the card decks didn't work properly. It said I was entitled to two decks, but when I entered the code it only deducted $100. That really screwed up ordering the other games since there wasn't a quick way to remove the decks for now. I was fearful I was going to lose the games. What's going on with the decks?

Edit: Okay I see the page says it's for two decks. I didn't read in the hurry to grab the games and thought I had to add two.

emb

Got both. Dear Esther sounds like it's gonna be super sad, not sure I like that. But worth a shot. Swindle seems interesting, though not really exciting.

Just jumped off my chair as soon as I received the NOW AVAILABLE email from LimitedRungames, about 4 mins ahead of schedule.

... NOT COOL LimitedRunGames!!!

Got all 3, i'm good =)
Threw me off a little. But it makes sense to send the email out a little earlier, so people have time to make it to the store.

Clive

The playing cards refused to be added to the same order as the rest for some reason so I'll get them next time. I didn't want to waste too much time trying to add them either so I'll get them next time.

Ordered The Swindle Vita and the Oddworld cards. Easy peasy.
Huh? I've been out of the loop, sorry.

I flip-flopped on Dear Esther. It's undoubtedly a fantastic experience and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, but I'm trying to curb my video game spending as much as I can. Well, I folded and decided to use PayPal to pay with my hard-earned cash, rather than put it on a credit card and defer payment until the next bill.

I had $15 in my PayPal account I hadn't realized. Score!

5wWf7GW1AzV6pF3MaVW.gif

Shadoron

The code for the card decks didn't work properly. It said I was entitled to two decks, but when I entered the code it only deducted $100. That really screwed up ordering the other games since there wasn't a quick way to remove the decks for now. I was fearful I was going to lose the games. What's going on with the decks?

Edit: Okay I see the page says it's for two decks. I didn't read in the hurry to grab the games and thought I had to add two.

That was what it was supposed to do...? The decks should have been free, and were originally listed for $99 in your cart. When you applied the discount code, it dropped your order price by $99, effectively making them free. You still had to pay for shipping on them. Is that not what happened to you?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your edit.

Olengie

I thought i had a copy reserved during checkout. Went to see if I got the Strangers Wrath Deck code (which was no). Tried to complete order. Got the OOS. :/ whut. I guess not

Animekatt

Huh? I've been out of the loop, sorry.

I flip-flopped on Dear Esther. It's undoubtedly a fantastic experience and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, but I'm trying to curb my video game spending as much as I can. Well, I folded and decided to use PayPal to pay with my hard-earned cash, rather than put it on a credit card and defer payment until the next bill.

I had $15 in my PayPal account I hadn't realized. Score!

5wWf7GW1AzV6pF3MaVW.gif

Back when the Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was released, they were supposed to come with a deck of cards with your order(s). LRG had some production problems with them, so they couldn't ship the cards out until now. Those of us who had the Oddworld orders received a coupon code to get the cards free.

Vita sold out first

Not on my screen, Vita version was still able to be added to the basket while PS4 version showed as sold out. I knew I should've taken a screenshot!

Then they both came back in stock shortly and then fully went out of stock. Either way it was close!

Back when the Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was released, they were supposed to come with a deck of cards with your order(s). LRG had some production problems with them, so they couldn't ship the cards out until now. Those of us who had the Oddworld orders received a coupon code to get the cards free.
Aaaahhhh, okay. I purchased my copy at PSX last year, so I passed on the online order. No wonder I was confused!

I'm new to the LRG craze, have they ever explained why this is only through PS4 and Vita? Is it something to do with Microsoft's certification process or them wanting more money from publishers?

Plenty of XBLA games I'd love to get a physical release of.

EmiPrime

2 minutes before the new games went on sale my Oxenfree arrived! I got both PS4 games this time around.

I'm new to the LRG craze, have they ever explained why this is only through PS4 and Vita? Is it something to do with Microsoft's certification process or them wanting more money from publishers?

The minimum print run for Xbox One games is too large and Microsoft won't budge on it.

I think it has to do with Sony being laxer on minimum press quantities.

Microsoft has higher mininum order quantities, which would be a much higher financial risk to LRG.

t26

Microsoft's minimum print is too high. They are looking into Switch.

Semoreh

Grabbed The Swindle.

Any news of Skullgirls?

Yeah I'd like to hear something about it too :x

Today's order went smoothly for me. Combined it with the two last orders. I even got the cards no problemo ! :D

Now that I think about it, I should have asked them to stop keeping my orders since I don't expect another release in the next 10 days...

system11

If things sell out in minutes they're clearly not making enough. This is like the artificial rarity model used by Twilight Time for their Screen Archives blu-ray releases. Push demand though low supply.

I understand the economics of why the model is needed, but there should be a sweet spot where every copy is sold, but they don't vanish within 10 minutes. They need to hit that. Better for them, better for customers. Twilight Time stuff tends to be available for a week or two before drying up.

Omikaru

Already submitted a ticket. I have faith you guys will sort this out. The main damage is the corner of the PS4 case, but it has also done a bit of damage to the sleeve inside of the box too. If it was just the case I would've replaced it with one of my spare PS+ cases, but the actual sleeve is damaged too so I'm just gonna ship it back.

If anyone's curious, here's two photos I took of the damage.

Here's the packet.

And here's the game. :(

Semoreh

I understand the economics of why the model is needed, but there should be a sweet spot where every copy is sold, but they don't vanish within 10 minutes. They need to hit that. Better for them, better for customers. Twilight Time stuff tends to be available for a week or two before drying up.

Recent releases have been flying out very fast, indeed. I think the base number of units could be raised a little.
The main reason LRG doesn't want sales to last for a week or two is that they finance the next run with a run's revenue. Now, maybe their financial situation is more solid than when they made this statement.

Already submitted a ticket. I have faith you guys will sort this out. The main damage is the corner of the PS4 case, but it has also done a bit of damage to the sleeve inside of the box too. If it was just the case I would've replaced it with one of my spare PS+ cases, but the actual sleeve is damaged too so I'm just gonna ship it back.

Maybe LRG could mail you a replacement sleeve + box and save you the trouble of sending back everything ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom