• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it. I wish it was EGTTR but that's sony so it wont happen. Either way ill buy 2 copies of Dear Esther if it has a manual/ artbooklet or whatever.

Dear Esther Landmark Edition on physical disc for the PlayStation 4. Limited to 5,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.

This release includes a gold foil cover. It is currently in manufacturing but requires extra time for the cover. Orders containing this item will not start to ship until the first week of March.

WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer.

No manual?

We are currently testing this, but to get the cards you will be sent a coupon code to purchase them from the store. The cards will be marked up to something super high and your coupon will make it free.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
We are currently testing this, but to get the cards you will be sent a coupon code to purchase them from the store. The cards will be marked up to something super high and your coupon will make it free.

Ah ok.
Don't repeat the issues Aksys had with the free watch for Zero Escape which had a similar redemption plan albeit via Amazon.

It was fine for NA customers, but international customers were hit with high customs fees due to the watch being marked as $500 or something. So many had to pay a lot of money to get the free item and fight for refunds.

Another "sell now, ship later"? It's going to get messy to keep track, I'm still waiting for Skullgirls, Volume and my Stranger's Wrath cards.

Get in line, lol.

I'm still waiting for Skullgirls, Volume, the Stranger's Wrath cards, Curses 'N Chaos, The Swapper and Aqua Kitty.

Add to those The Swindle this Friday, because there is no way I'll be getting any of the above before then, since none of them have even left the LRG office.

It was fine for NA customers, but international customers were hit with high customs fees due to the watch being marked as $500 or something. So many had to pay a lot of money to get the free item and fight for refunds.

Correct, I've had to pay ~$105 in VAT for that "free of charge" bonus watch. And it's taken weeks before I got Amazon to refund me. Have even been lied to by one Amazon CS agent about them having issued a refund, when in reality nothing at all had happened.

Edit: oh and the watch's case was damaged too of course. :)

Shizuka

Get in line, lol.

I'm still waiting for Skullgirls, Volume, the Stranger's Wrath cards, Curses 'N Chaos, The Swapper and Aqua Kitty.

Add to those The Swindle this Friday, because there is no way I'll be getting any of the above before then, since none of them have even left the LRG office.

I'm not including the ones from the holding service since that one is being held because we wanted it to be held, they're doing us a favor with that one.

Jamesac68

Banned
I'm torn on Dear Esther. Every LRG PS4 game so far is something I either actively want or at least didn't mind having around. I don't hate a lot of games, because it seems like far more trouble than it's worth, but Dear Esther annoyed the living hell out of me. But then I'd have a gap in the numbering. It might be worth it to break the chain, or maybe not quite yet. Decisions, decisions...

^^
And it's Sundered:

Limited Run Games @LimitedRunGames
Announcement: We will be teaming up with @ThunderLotus to bring you Sundered! https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ng-fight-for-survival-and-sanit/posts/1807034

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/831629411065683968

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames
In order to get the Kickstarter Exclusive version, you will need to back the CA$ 100 tier.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/831632757323362304

(CAD$100 ~ US$76.5 ~ €72)

This just in: we're partnering with Limited Run Games to make the Sundered Physical Collector's Box a reality! As a reminder, all Sundered backers at the level of CA$ 100 or more will be receiving a boxed, Kickstarter-exclusive physical copy of Sundered for their shelves, and the popular publisher of limited run physical games will be pulling out all the stops to make the package truly special!

Here are the details we can share so far - note, this is all prelim and subject to change (but only for the better, we promise!):

- PC and PS4 in the same box! That's right - not only are we confirming physical PS4 for the Sundered campaign, but every copy of the Physical Collector's Box will include physical versions for both the PS4 and PC! Reminder: this is in addition to the Digital copy for the system of your choice from the previous reward tiers!
- Soundtrack on CD: A physical version of Sundered's haunting soundtrack!
- Physical Art Book: A soft-cover, physical version of the Art Book full of our gorgeous hand-drawn art!
- Kickstarter-exclusive box art: The above image is a placeholder - we're planning something unique and special for the final box!
- Sundered Keychain
- Sundered collectible trading cards
- More to come!

v8KWYrQ.png

Sundered looks great. Dear Esther is a big disappointment for me. Was hoping for a more popular release considering the 5k print run and gold foil cover. ;-)

Jamesac68

Banned
Sundered is incredibly tempting but it's been a really expensive week, and with at least one (still undecided on Dear Esther) new LRG on Friday I'm not sure it's a good idea to back it. I wish it had been announced a bit earlier so I could have planned better.

Talha

Hopefully we get some more JP announcements, it feels like forever since LR games has released one, there sprinkling a bit of everything for everyone but the people waiting for a JP game have it bad.

NDPsycho

Sundered is incredibly tempting but it's been a really expensive week, and with at least one (still undecided on Dear Esther) new LRG on Friday I'm not sure it's a good idea to back it. I wish it had been announced a bit earlier so I could have planned better.

Yeah, the timing on this is kind of crap. 2 days, really? Is this going to be numbered to fall in with the normal ps4 numbering? If so, I guess it's a good jumping off point for ps4 games, since I doubt I'll be pledging to yet another kickstarter just to keep a numbered set.

Jamesac68

Banned
I expect it to be numbered but I'd also expect a standard LRG release at some point in the future. The boxed set is limited to the Kickstarter but I doubt it's the only version.

Ah, this is the first time I'll be skipping a LRG release day. No interest in owning physical copies of Swindle or Dear Esther, personally.

Feels good to break free of the GOTTA COLLECT 'EM ALL obsession tbh

Any buyers from Europe who've received their Oxenfree copy yet ?

There's only one entry for my package tracking, and it's the original one, for more than 10 days ago. I find it hard to believe it'd still be "In route to US export warehouse".

I wonder how reliable their tracking is.

Jimm

Ah, this is the first time I'll be skipping a LRG release day. No interest in owning physical copies of Swindle or Dear Esther, personally.

Feels good to break free of the GOTTA COLLECT 'EM ALL obsession tbh

I broke it with Stealth Inc and Lone Survivor, these are the first I'll be skipping since then. I think with all the crazy kickstarter releases as well as the increase in releases it's going to be pretty pricey for anyone to be still going for 100%

Happy to be picking up the games I really want to own, though I am happy to take chances on titles like I did with The Swapper and Thomas Was Alone

Any buyers from Europe who've received their Oxenfree copy yet ?

There's only one entry for my package tracking, and it's the original one, for more than 10 days ago. I find it hard to believe it'd still be "In route to US export warehouse".

I wonder how reliable their tracking is.

It's reliable. LRG has most likely only printed your shipping label so far, which explains the single entry. They have to handle quite lot of packages for such a small business. I assume that once they have "enough" games packaged and labeled they will be brought to the export warehouse.

That's what I needed to know, thanks. I can live without the KS version then, as long as there is a standard one.

Yeah. The game looks great but I'm not gonna pledge to another KS at the moment. The price point is pretty steep as well. I think it's time to stop collecting cover exclusives, it's getting too expensive in the long run...

Jimm

Just had a chance to check out Sundered, damn that game looks beautiful. Am totally down for the standard LRG edition down the line

Jamesac68

Banned
Yeah. The game looks great but I'm not gonna pledge to another KS at the moment. The price point is pretty steep as well. I think it's time to stop collecting cover exclusives, it's getting too expensive in the long run...

I'll keep at the exclusive cover Kickstarter thing for games like Plague Road, which was actually a pretty reasonable price. Those games are only getting a few hundred apiece printed in that version, so it's worth it to get a nicely rare piece added to the collection. Once it bumps up to $76 (USD for Sundered) it all comes down to the timing, though. In Sundered's case it's just a bad week to drop that cash.

Disclaimer- last minute buy still possible because I'm not too bright about this kind of thing some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom