• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgco86

I just took a look at the LRG Google calendar and holy cow that stretch from 23rd June to 4th August is brutal...

23 June - Furi / Dariusburst
30 June - Lawbreakers PC CE preorders
7 July - Bard's Gold / Rive
14 July - Jotun
21 July - Neurovoider / DriveDriveDrive
28 July - Plague Road
4 August - Lawbreakers PS4

I just took a look at the LRG Google calendar and holy cow that stretch from 23rd June to 4th August is brutal...

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road

See you all in September?

i-Jest

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road

I'm picking up both versions of Plague Road for sure, but now I'm having serious thoughts about Jotun.

Hmm. Seems it's not just Vita games that are shifting slower these days. At least Bard's Gold for Vita looks like it might sell out first!
Perhaps LRG should lower the prices of these cheap, but fun indie games.

Bard’s tale was 5.99 euro for me digital, but this physical costed me 40 euro. Which is insane.

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road

Luckily there's not a lot that I really want badly. Probably going to pick up Plague Road and maybe Jotun.

Saoshyant

Perhaps LRG should lower the prices of these cheap, but fun indie games.

Bard’s tale was 5.99 euro for me digital, but this physical costed me 40 euro. Which is insane.

For one thing it's called Bard's Gold. For another, the Vita carts are quite expensive to produce. Add in that LRG also needs to turn a profit and their pricing policy is just fine with me.

Them picking Asendia who's getting my packages stuck on customs without warning us/the public before I bought them is something I find issue with. I spent three hours yesterday on the customs office and that wasn't fun or cheap.

cheesekao

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road
Does anyone think that they should pace themselves a little better? All these releases will surely result in diminished returns as people only have so much money, no?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I was bummed I missed Furi, I was on a flight to Johannesburg. But I'm happy to see LRG pop up on eBay without being waaaaay more expensive.

Samuray

So is customs troubles an issue now?

Would be nice to hear something official from LRG on this. Really worried here. (Germany)

Kusagari

Hmm. Seems it's not just Vita games that are shifting slower these days. At least Bard's Gold for Vita looks like it might sell out first!

I think people aren't just buying up everything these days. Bard's Gold and Rive aren't exactly games that set the world on fire.

A game like Furi still sold out quick.

For one thing it's called Bard's Gold. For another, the Vita carts are quite expensive to produce. Add in that LRG also needs to turn a profit and their pricing policy is just fine with me.

Them picking Asendia who's getting my packages stuck on customs without warning us/the public before I bought them is something I find issue with. I spent three hours yesterday on the customs office and that wasn't fun or cheap.
I know that the cartridges are expensive, but almost 7 times the download price is huge..

oldmario

i saw somewhere last night that Night Trap was going to be $14.99 digitally and $30 on LRG and i can't for the life of me find it

i'm starting to worry i dreamt it and it never actually happened

Clive

I think I just figured out what one of the Japanese titles will be. Degica? Check. Physical release? Check. No actual news on physical release being pre-orderable anywhere yet? Check.

Would be incredibly awesome in my personal opinion. WarTech was really underrated IMO. Would love to see some more shmups too like Jamestown+, Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron/Fever SOS. The two latter would require some translation works though.

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road

I guess there is a long wait ahead for VA-11 Hall-A...

Rive still up. It was 79 (I think) before I went to bed and it's 42 now.

I do indeed wonder if Josh will make a comment about PS4 owners going elsewhere like he did when a Vita game took this long :p

Side note, interesting back-and-forth between Muteki Corp (Dragon Fantasy) and LRG. I always assumed Dragon Fantasy Book 1 was on the verge of release but it sounds like it's not:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/883900814305132544

Saoshyant

All jokes aside, I didn't expect Rive, the final game from Two Tribes and a pretty interesting take on shmups/twin stick shooters to sell this slow in comparison to Bard's Gold which seems just your generic pixel roguelike without any clever ideas of their own.

Tapejara

All jokes aside, I didn't expect Rive, the final game from Two Tribes and a pretty interesting take on shmups/twin stick shooters to sell this slow in comparison to Bard's Gold which seems just your generic pixel roguelike without any clever ideas of their own.

Huh...

*Googles Rive gameplay*

Guess I'm ordering this!

meppi

See you all in September?

Well that looks like it's this for me.
Interested in Plague Road, but I have the Kickstarter version coming.
The rest really doesn't speak to me. :-/

Much more interested in Vita games (and Switch if they ever get things sorted out), so when it comes to PS4 releases, I'm a lot more picky when it comes to quality.
Much more inclined to go with classic series, revivals or arcade style games than most other things on there.
Certainly Japanese games over western ones.

plan9

14 July - Jotun
28 July - Plague Road

Ughh... sorry LRG but that's just WAY too much. Two releases/pathes per month is about the maximum I'm comfortable with, this is starting to feel much more like a struggle than fun collecting these titles now. Based on how much slower the titles are selling nowadays I'd say the fatigue is real and LRG would perhaps be wise to focus on quality over quantity.

Really hope this releace pace is tweaked as it's ridiculous.

76 copies of Rive left

And Bard's Gold is $5 digital, and actually free on Xbox Game Pass at the moment so I can't help but chuckle about the $25 price

Spinoff90 beat us both to the punch :p

OT: I'll be getting Oceanhorn next, thankfully nothing else is coming before payday that I'm interested in. Already have the Kickstarter copy of Plague Road so don't have to worry about that one.

I wonder what August will be like.

I'm seeing 19 copies.
Oh? I just did 2% of 3800 which is 74. Maybe I'm missing something? Haha

joe2187

Banned
76 copies of Rive left

And Bard's Gold is $5 digital, and actually free on Xbox Game Pass at the moment so I can't help but chuckle about the $25 price

The whole gimmick of LRG is Physical editions of games. They gotta cover the costs of production and manufacturing and actually make a profit.

Clive

The original deal was 10 dollar higher than the download version...

Pretty sure the original deal has always been $10 higher than the download version but with a minimum price of $24.99. They also recently set a maximum if I understand it of $59.99 for regular editions although I'm not sure that max price tag is completely set in stone.

There have been several games that cost less than $14.99 on PSN that LRG has sold for $24.99 before Bard's Gold.

The original deal was 10 dollar higher than the download version...

Multiple games have been over that already though (we've gotten $10 and $12.50 games, which ended up being $25). What we've been told is that games will be set at a minimum of $25, which they will then have a $10 difference if digital is $20 or over.

N E R O

I don't understand the complains about the 24.99 tag, It's a physical copy for Collectors and physical gurus. I think the price is pretty fair considering the profit margin that the company is making. I will be supportive as much as I can as long as I can afford it.

Can't wait fir wonder boy. It's going to be sold out in minutes @@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom