• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive

Went with just Rive today since it looks like a fun challenge. Grindy roguelikes like Bard's Gold tend to end up in my backlog so I skipped on it. Doesn't look bad at all but one doesn't have time or money for every single game ever made sadly.

chashodges

Neo Member
Update on my Assendia order - LR support tracked it and it should be delivered in the next day or so. Hooray!

Surprised to see Bard's Gold go so quick during this run though, didn't seem that popular from general consensus. Keen to try it out though!

Weevilone

Fuck, got sidetracked with something and it removed one of my games at payment. And I'll be traveling tonight.

So sick of this whole thing.

NDPsycho

Well shit, got distacted at work and missed my first vita release. Was bound to happen eventually. I did order Rive anyway, kind of surprised it was still available. Looks like the better game.

I know, though I'm still at work for that one too, so I'll see how it goes. Yay for paying for shipping twice. Feels bad, but part of me looks forward to there being no more vita releases so I can just stop.

If you order within 24h you can contact support and they'll refund the second shipping

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was busy this morning. Thankfully I should be free for the 2nd batch.

Edit: seems like a few of us are waiting for 2nd batch. uh oh

Clive

Any word on if it's safe to import to Canada now or if I should just expect additional fees and taxes in the future. I have a big order on hold in "Dulles, VA" but I'm kind of afraid of pulling the trigger. Last time it was shipped with Asendia I had to pay extra and it never happened before shipping with them.

My wait for Furi for has been ridiculously long. I ordered two games from Singapore days after placing my order for Furi, paid the same amount in shipping for both games, and they both arrived sooner than Furi has. My shipment tracker is still on order processed, not even shipped. I just live on the other side of the coast.

Unless I'm mistaken, LRG claims on their Twitter page that a new announcement will be made at 5:00PM this afternoon. Special Reserve Games has additionally hinted they might have something to do with an online fighting title developed on UE4 and expressed interest in a "Hotline Miami" bundle during a fan inquiry from a handful of days ago.

My wait for Furi for has been ridiculously long. I ordered two games from Singapore days after placing my order for Furi, paid the same amount in shipping for both games, and they both arrived sooner than Furi has. My shipment tracker is still on order processed, not even shipped. I just live on the other side of the coast.
All orders for "Furi" and "Darius" Vita are being withheld for the new trading card collectibles that are, presumably, replacing the postcards and/or stickers. Everything has been prepacked and expected to begin moving on Monday but, yeah, I'm a little disappointed with recent shipment times.

Unless I'm mistaken, LRG claims on their Twitter page that a new announcement will be made at 5:00PM this afternoon. Special Reserve Games has additionally hinted they might have something to do with an online fighting title developed on UE4 and expressed interest in a "Hotline Miami" bundle during a fan inquiry from a handful of days ago.

Not sure what you mean about SRG "hinting". They have already said that their next release is Absolver which is a UE4 fighting game set for release on PC and PS4. Preorders will apparently open soon.

Not sure what you mean about SRG "hinting". They have already said that their next release is Absolver which is a UE4 fighting game set for release on PC and PS4. Preorders will apparently open soon.
If it was revealed in their newsletter or something, I completely missed it. Signed up to their service five times and I haven't received a single e-mail. On the other hand, their sole indication on Twitter was the "hint: dropped" message from earlier in the week. It was obviously referring to that game, but I wanted to avoid making a direct assumption until an announcement was made.

If they do a Hotline Miami bundle it'll literally be my third time buying both games, haha. Worth it though, two of my favourite titles on Vita!

If it was revealed in their newsletter or something, I completely missed it. Signed up to their service five times and I haven't received a single e-mail. On the other hand, their sole indication on Twitter was the "hint: dropped" message from earlier in the week. It was obviously referring to that game, but I wanted to avoid making a direct assumption until an announcement was made.

The developer of Absolver tweeted this on July 3rd:

Absolver digital + physical edition preorders will open soon, please wishlist the game on Steam for updates!

Jotun is coming next week. I love this game - and I really hate those short announcements, because I already bought the holding item for the last games. Hopefully I can cancel it.

Sweet, secured Bard's Gold for vita. My LRG vita collection is still 100% complete.

I'm glad the next few releases are PS4 only as my bank account needs a rest.

Semoreh

I had NO IDEA the people behind Sundered were the same who did Banner Saga. And here I thought the artstyle was similar between these games x)

Pumped for Jotun. Will try to learn more about Neurovoider.

hawk2025

What are cards?

Why are there card protectors?

How can it POSSIBLY be this hard to keep up with announcements from a company you literally buy every single product of??

Man, you guys are frustrating sometimes. I love everything you do, but Jesus Christ almighty.

How can it POSSIBLY be this hard to keep up with announcements from a company you literally buy every single product of??.

This. I feel there needs to a more controlled system of governance for customer facing communication at this point. Communication either comes to early creating the impression of delay (Night Trap) or comes to late when we get titles seemingly superceding previously announced work in release order. Additionally, there is real fatigue with the coy responses and vague hints. Vaguery only really works to build enthusiasm and engagement when it doesn't feel like the only tool at the publisher's disposal. Eventually, endless hints about upcoming "surprises" or mysteriously liked tweets, etc reinforce the first two issues. How can I get excited about you liking a tweet about localizing hypothetical Japanese Game X when that is no real indication as to release date, print run size or price point?

I hope that as LRG grows they can eventually position someone as full-time marketing/community manager so that way it doesn't have to take back see to other stuff.

And Hypothetical Japanese Game X is the name of my punk band and we are AWESOME.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What are cards?

Why are there card protectors?

How can it POSSIBLY be this hard to keep up with announcements from a company you literally buy every single product of??

Man, you guys are frustrating sometimes. I love everything you do, but Jesus Christ almighty.

I just caught that fact in passing on Twitter.
Cards out of nowhere. Furi and Dariusburst will both have one.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just caught that fact in passing on Twitter.
Cards out of nowhere. Furi and Dariusburst will both have one.

I heard about it on CAG. They both have a very prominent presence on there. I only lurk occasionally, but one thing I noticed and where news gets hinted at a lot more.

gunstarhero

Rive is SO good - especially after they added a Normal difficulty. Didn't double dip to get the physical copy, but for those who never played it before and picked it up - you're in for a treat. Very under rated game.

Was a little disappointed when i saw the LR cover design. Kind of boring for such an intense game.

Ravidrath

Have another update for our (very) patient Skullgirls pre-orderers.

http://skullgirls.com/2017/07/skullgirls-lrg-update-4/

And to thank you for your patience, we've added a special bonus item to the package, a pencil board that looks something like this:

DEK0PdoVwAARvXo.png

Ventara

Accidentally used the Hold Service address for my billing address. Made a support ticket with the correct one. Anyone make this mistake before? Is it as easy as them changing it? I don't want my order to be cancelled because if this and me miss out on the game.

Hmm. Seems it's not just Vita games that are shifting slower these days. At least Bard's Gold for Vita looks like it might sell out first!

Shizuka

Accidentally used the Hold Service address for my billing address. Made a support ticket with the correct one. Anyone make this mistake before? Is it as easy as them changing it? I don't want my order to be cancelled because if this and me miss out on the game.

I don't think it matters, I've used both my real and my hold address as my billing address and nothing bad happened.

Jimm

I can't decide if I want to jump on Rive or not, I enjoy shmups but the platforming and art style aren't really appealing. Hmm. I don't have long to decide haha

Spinoff90

Hmm. Seems it's not just Vita games that are shifting slower these days. At least Bard's Gold for Vita looks like it might sell out first!

Guess people are not buying PS4 games anymore because they are waiting for the One X just like all the Vita owners that only play the Switch now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom