• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Wonder Boy LE.
DDmc3sRXYAELLUk.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/880908208860266496

How many times the MEGA POWER though?

I need a date and I need it now!

Jimm

.hack//GU Remaster is digital only in NA... LRG might look into it.

I'm down for this! I know plenty of people would disagree, but I sure hate importing (and I take it LRG does, too).

It would be cool if LRG released a version for the US audience but in reality their efforts could be better spent bringing games with no physical edition at all.
It looks like it's still being released in full English in Europe and there'll likely be an Asia/English version too. 70% of my games are imports as Australian including all my LRG games. Why is there so much hate towards importing, I have to all the time if I want to get physical copies of games.

rackham

Banned
It would be cool if LRG released a version for the US audience but in reality their efforts could be better spent bringing games with no physical edition at all.
It looks like it's still being released in full English in Europe and there'll likely be an Asia/English version too. 70% of my games are imports as Australian including all my LRG games. Why is there so much hate towards importing, I have to all the time if I want to get physical copies of games.

I'd take a .hack//G.U. release. PLEASE make it an artsy cover. Something minimalist possibly.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not surprised at this news. It would be cool if LRG did a run for the Trilogy. As a fan, I think I speak for the fan base when I say, LRG would have done us a serious solid if they sign this game.

What would also be nice... is if they could make it more deluxe-looking. Like, sign for 3000, but give them slip covers with lenticular art on it, or something. Something to make it stand out from the import.

Semoreh

iirc there's 3 different covers, however I have no idea what their plans are for distribution for each.

If I'm not mistaken there are actually two different covers.
- Blue + Red is the same, reversible, cover.
- Yellow is a special cover for those who have enough LRG fidelity coupons.

Aksys have licenced School Girl/Zombie Hunter from D3 Publisher.

Around 5 years ago I don't think D3 licenced any of their titles out and either translated them in house or didn't bring them across. They've gotten out of the localization business now - XSEED have been picking up some of their games (Onechanbara) and now it seems Aksys have too.

Perfect time for LRG to step in and pick up a couple of Vita games? I mean, they could start things off with a physical run of EDF 2017 Portable and see where things go from there. As much as I've heard it sucks, I would still love to play Idol Death Game TV.

(And I bet there would be an audience for Bullet Girls 2)

tumblr_o6olzqbpzj1uvrnsxo1_500.gif

That feeling when your Furi soundtrack from France has arrived, but the actual game itself hasn't even shipped and you practically live within driving distance of LRG.

Anyway, I'll probably reiterate what other folk have said about passing on Lawbreakers. Definitely an oddball choice given offline elements haven't even been fully clarified thus making it questionable what's being preserved in the long run. If I had to speculate, the deal was likely done to establish those CliffyB connections and support North Carolinian talent, but the inventory will undeniably clear out in the end so my perspective means nothing when the dollar hangs on the line. Thankfully, this month doesn't seem to peak interest with the present offerings. It'll finally allow my wallet to accumulate some funds for all the Japanese niche stuff launching in August/September.

chashodges

Neo Member
I think my Broken Age / Deemo shipment has gone missing. It should have arrived by now, and the tracker shows 'no information'. First problem I've had since day one with LR, and I've got a full set thus far!

Has anyone had any luck getting replacements sent via the support ticket system, or am I likely to be out of luck?

joe2187

Banned
I think my Broken Age / Deemo shipment has gone missing. It should have arrived by now, and the tracker shows 'no information'. First problem I've had since day one with LR, and I've got a full set thus far!

Has anyone had any luck getting replacements sent via the support ticket system, or am I likely to be out of luck?

Just wait till they reply, it usually takes a bit if it's a friday or a long holiday weekend like this weekend. I sent a support ticket yesterday, but I wont expect a response till at least Thurs or Friday in the least due to the 4th of july weekend.

mr lurtle

I had a package lost once and got a replacement via support ticket. In my experience the support is really good.

i-Jest

So Plague Road is the 28th? I'm going to have to book that day off. It'll be interesting to see if the Vita version sells out fast.

blazeuk

One of my shipments is in limbo right now too, arrived and cleared UK customs just under 2 weeks ago and that's the last thing the tracking has on it, contacted the tracking company directly to see if they have any ideas and they're going to get back to me but definitely worrying since I'd held quite a few orders before having it sent out. Not contacted LRG just yet since I'm hoping it's still just the delivery company being slow but overall it's been about a month since it was posted out.

chashodges

Neo Member
Totally forgot it was the holiday weekend in the US. I won't expect a quick reply. Definitely concerned though as its the first time one of my parcels with them has offered no tracking info whatsoever outside of the initial shipping email.

Support has been good in the past (sorting me a Dear Esther replacement sleeve pretty sharpish), but It's always scary when limited print stuff gets potentially lost as the stock well is only so deep!

So Plague Road is the 28th? I'm going to have to book that day off. It'll be interesting to see if the Vita version sells out fast.

I'm really interested to see how Plague Road does because I'd imagine a lot of the Vita die-hards already secured their copy.

Spinoff90

One of my shipments is in limbo right now too, arrived and cleared UK customs just under 2 weeks ago and that's the last thing the tracking has on it, contacted the tracking company directly to see if they have any ideas and they're going to get back to me but definitely worrying since I'd held quite a few orders before having it sent out. Not contacted LRG just yet since I'm hoping it's still just the delivery company being slow but overall it's been about a month since it was posted out.

With them using Asendia for international orders now expect this to be common place.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/asendia.com

Hopefully they realize the mistake they have made before things get too bad. Yes part of that is that people with issues will be more vocal than those without issues but it still takes a special level of incompetence to average 0.9. I know people that have boycotted Loot Crate and other sites for using Asendia and it will happen with LRG too. They claim they switched who they are using so international orders are faster but using a notoriously awful company is going to lead to the complete opposite. They have likely tried to cut cost by going to a cheaper shipper but could be costing themselves business and a lot of headaches dealing with lost packages in the end.

That being said hopefully slow deliveries are more the issue than lost packages if they keep using Asendia. Deemo and Broken Age was my first order shipped with them. It was also held up showing it was released by customs for days with the Asendia tracking claiming it was handed off to Canada Post with a non-existent tracking link. After days of that it has now finally updated to being passed off to UPS instead with some movement. UPS + Hot Pink Envelopes being left on doorsteps could be a disaster waiting to happen too.

My Broken Age order (placed on June 9th) is still showing as unfulfilled. I ordered it to hold shipping service. Should I start worrying or is this normal?

(Dariusburst from 23rd is also unfulfilled)

chashodges

Neo Member
With them using Asendia for international orders now expect this to be common place.

I had noticed that my last deliver came via Hermes in the UK, a notoriously poor courier company that has lost or damaged an awful lot of my things in the past. They used to come in via Yodel, not fantastic, but a lot more reliable.

Clive

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/asendia.com

Hopefully they realize the mistake they have made before things get too bad. Yes part of that is that people with issues will be more vocal than those without issues but it still takes a special level of incompetence to average 0.9. I know people that have boycotted Loot Crate and other sites for using Asendia and it will happen with LRG too. How they can can claim they switched who they are using so international orders are faster when using a notoriously awful company is beyond me. They have likely tried to cut cost by going to a cheaper shipper but will be costing themselves business and a lot of headaches dealing with lost packages in the end.

Oh, LRG changed shipping company recently? That might explain why I was forced to pay customs fees and import tax with my latest order to Canada. :/ Everything was perfect and smooth sailing up until that one (Risk of Rain). I'd greatly appreciate LRG switching back to whatever they used to have if that is the case, if possible. I have a pretty big order on using the holding service that I would like to have shipped soon.

Spinoff90

Oh, LRG changed shipping company recently? That might explain why I was forced to pay customs fees and import tax with my latest order to Canada. :/ Everything was perfect and smooth sailing up until that one (Risk of Rain). I'd greatly appreciate LRG switching back to whatever they used to have if that is the case, if possible. I have a pretty big order on using the holding service that I would like to have shipped soon.

My Risk of Rain was USPS to Canada Post so depends what your tracking was for that one. That game seemed to fall in between the transition of the old service and switching to Asendia. Just looked on the LRG forums and there is a thread about how awful Asendia is too.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2280

Hopefully if enough people are vocal about this change it will be short lived.

Saoshyant

My first LRG order that was sent via Asendia is Risk of Rain. I have not only failed to receive it yet, but it has got stuck on customs even though my country is in the DDP list to avoid that sort of thing. A dreadful matter, since not only will I have to pay to get it out of there, but Broken Age & Deemo and Furi will be coming afterwards through Asendia, as well, and I expect the same to happen again. I am refraining from buying anything this Friday.

blazeuk

My Risk of Rain was USPS to Canada Post so depends what your tracking was for that one. That game seemed to fall in between the transition of the old service and switching to Asendia. Just looked on the LRG forums and there is a thread about how awful Asendia is too.

I can't imagine they'll be able to stick with them if stuff starts going missing regularly through them, this is the longest it's taken for a package to get to me and it's the first time I've had something sent by Asendia. Hopefully it's just slow otherwise I'd likely make far fewer orders - my order which they don't really know where it is right now has 12 games including the PS4 DBCS LE.

The whole potential customs charge thing is very worrying too, if that was something that now happened then that alone would stop me making any more purchases.

Clive

"June 6, 2017, 8:51 pm Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item FOLCROFT, PA 19032 ASENDIA USA "

Yup, definitely the reason. I have never had to pay extra before so I'd very much prefer the old service back.

chashodges

Neo Member
Man, people are getting hit for customs now as well? I've ordered everything they've produced and never had to pay an extra fee. If there's a chance I'll now get hit with customs every time as well as having parcels potentially go missing I will seriously need to reign in my spending.

I've been a vocal proponent of all that LR have done in their short time in the market and I don't want to have to stop supporting their good work. If a logistics change now means common inconvenience or financial penalty though I'm going to struggle plying them with cash for every release like I have done thus far.

I sent LRG a ticket regarding some of my orders on hold but never heard from them. How to they work? I had three games on hold and bought Darius Vita but seems like they only shipped Darius to me and not the other games.

blazeuk

I sent LRG a ticket regarding some of my orders on hold but never heard from them. How to they work? I had three games on hold and bought Darius Vita but seems like they only shipped Darius to me and not the other games.

You have to place an order with this item and then your held items will be shipped out.

So out of interest, has anyone from the UK got their copies of Broken Age yet? My tracking says it "cleared" customs on June 23rd but I've heard nothing from it since.

sym30l1c

So out of interest, has anyone from the UK got their copies of Broken Age yet? My tracking says it "cleared" customs on June 23rd but I've heard nothing from it since.

Nothing here. My Broken Age was sent over a week ago, but the tracking still says "Shipment not found"...

I've been a little bit out of the loop -- has LRG given any timeframe for the releases of Va11 Ha11a and/or 2064 Read Only Memories? or just that they're coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom