• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

I'm going to Anime Expo to either finalize our first localization project or to fail.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I've been seriously fighting hard for this.

You got this. Signing Ray Gigant, or anything of the like, such as visual novels, is no small feat. Limited Run Games has come a long way and I KNOW it can go a whole lot longer and become a lot bigger. Be proud of what you and your team have accomplished and inspired.

Your ready for this mah dude, go kick ass.

I think it sometimes variate from country to country on a few titles actually. For example, i bought Child of Light from 3 places in the UK, and all of them were heatshrink wrapped. I also asked one of the stores where i bought it, none of their copies (from what i gathered) had a tearstrip seal.

I have the UK version and it was y-foled sealed with a tear strip like it should be. Shrink wrapped copies are almost never legit for standard versions in Europe. Most of the time the stores are resealing them. (Gamestop, GAME, Media Markt, Saturn etc.)

But not even y-folded sealed games are always legit. Some publisher reseal the games themself with the proper foil, but it's missing the tearstrip, like an US release for example. I talked with a Gameware manager in Austria and they got those directly from the publisher. Square Enix and Bandai Namco are doing that. I have two exemples here.

Semoreh

It's incredibly underrated in my opinion and it gets better with replays too. Combat is really satisfying and the different attacks draining one "meter" while refilling another adds a bit of depth and strategy. Makes you feel badass when you've levelled up a bit. At first I thought it was a bit clunky though but during my third playthrough I was an unstoppable beast. The original Amiga music is incredible too so make sure you unlock that. I rarely go for platinum trophies these days but that was a game I wanted to continue until I unlocked it. Well worth the import price to me. Some rough edges but a lot of heart.

That's word for word the review I wish I had written T_T
Loved it. Also platinumed it I think, which is super rare.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/28/senran-kagura-creator-uppers-localization-hd-rumble-new-studio/

Speaking of other titles you’ve worked on, are there any plans to bring Uppers outside of Japan?

We are still working on it, but we haven’t been able to get it localized yet. It is something I want to do and I’m pushing to make it happen. Hopefully, we will have something to say in the future, but we have nothing to say at this time.

(I know someone who they can talk to...)

oldmario

I feel like the only person in this thread who wants more weirdo Western indie releases and doesn't care in the slightest about Japanese VN.

we need more Japanese games on LRG, there have been too many games that didn't really need a physical release like octodad, mutant mudds, xeodrifter, and aqua kitty DX when there are games that need physical releases or english releases over here like Atelier, Omega Labyrinth, Gun Gun Pixies

we need more Japanese games on LRG, there have been too many games that didn't really need a physical release like octodad, mutant mudds, xeodrifter, and aqua kitty DX when there are games that need physical releases or english releases over here like Atelier, Omega Labyrinth, Gun Gun Pixies
I was with you until Octodad

That's the only Western LRG release I've bought

Email sent!

I'm extremely serious about wanting to help make this happen.

I'm extremely serious about buying this if you make it happen.

(I thought this game would be right up your street once I learned about you liking the Yakuza games :p)

I feel like the only person in this thread who wants more weirdo Western indie releases and doesn't care in the slightest about Japanese VN.

Gonna piggy-back off this point, but two games I really want are Attractio and Wanted Corp (both on Vita). I wonder if there would be enough interest in those to make them happen.

Moofers

Its all good. I say let LRG pick up every game they can sign. I don't care about visual novels or a lot of the western indies but not everything has to be for me. Plus, maybe somebody buys Octodad or whatever and then they have used their budget for the time being and are one less person to compete with for a copy of Night Trap. The more the merrier, I say.

BTW its driving me nuts that Night Trap doesn't have a date set yet. I understand why, but I don't have to like it! The hype is reaching critical levels!

Saoshyant

Are the following still pipe dreams ?

Grim fandango
Inside / limbo

Inside and Limbo are getting a release by 505. No idea if it's America or Europe only. I imagine it's US, much to my annoyance. Edit^^^^ dang, scratch that, both regions, awesome! I hadn't seen that yet.

Grim Fandango might happen considering Broken Age did well enough.

Would Mighty Rabbit become localization and digital publishing platform? or would you guys oustource or work in house?

I'm fine with keeping our name off the package and just giving Xseed the funding to help make it happen as long as we get an exclusive on the physical version. That's how bad I want it.

Are the following still pipe dreams ?

Grim fandango
Inside / limbo

Grim Fandango isn't a pipe dream just tough.

Inside/Limbo is getting a physical from 505 on PS4. Limbo for Vita could be a possibility.

mollipen

I think it's more that weirdo Western Indies were the bulk of their releases up to this point, so we Japanese gamers would like a little something to balance things out.

joe2187

Banned
So, Im just throwing this idea to the wind...since it would seem to be overly ambitious, but it's something I've always wished would happen after Sony literally dropped support after the launch of the Vita.

but has anyone on the team ever thought about expanding into something like what BluePoint, Iron Galaxy or DotEmu does and work on ports for current consoles PS4/Vita/Switch? Like say how a million kickstarters have promised a Vita port at some point only to cancel it because they didn't actually understand what they were doing.

Ashler

I'm fine with keeping our name off the package and just giving Xseed the funding to help make it happen as long as we get an exclusive on the physical version. That's how bad I want it.

Inside/Limbo is getting a physical from 505 on PS4. Limbo for Vita could be a possibility.

Can you comment on the possibility of a "The Witness" run?

hawk2025

Rive is a legitimately amazing game, I promise!

I'm really happy that the last game by Two Tribes is getting a physical release to sit next to Toki Tori 2.

Interesting reply on Luc's tweet about how many KS copies of Plague Road are out there:

Yes, but the Kickstarter cover will only go to Kickstarter backers. IIRC, there is 700 KS PS4 copies and ~400 KS Vita copies.

Thought there would be more Vita copies with how Luc's been talking.

Rive is a legitimately amazing game, I promise!

I'm really happy that the last game by Two Tribes is getting a physical release to sit next to Toki Tori 2.

It doesn't look all that great on gameplay videos. But then again sometimes you just have to play a game to "get" it. I may pick it up alongside the Vita version of Bard's Gold.

The Lili game doesn't look like it would be my cup of tea.

Thanks for getting back to me all !

I wish you the best of luck getting grim ! It would be a dream

Moofers

When are preorders for night trap going up?

I was just about to post the same question. I am weirdly looking forward to Night Trap.

I thought LRG wasn't doing pre-orders anymore? Is this one some kind of exception?

Shouldn't Night Trap be coming somewhat soonish? Kinda surprised it wasn't on the calendar for July.

Same. They have been showing off boxes and cassette tapes and stuff but I haven't seen anything on what the different editions will look like and they've got next to nothing on their site about it.

One thing that bugs me about LRG is the messaging. A game gets announced and then its weeks or months before you get details. Little things like "yeah we're doing two versions and they'll cost this much" or whatever. I just wanna know what I'm in for. I have this feeling I won't know about Night Trap until like 2 days before it goes up for sale or something.

Shizuka

Got a really nice Vita release in the pipe for you guys. Japanese. Well-loved. No PS4 version.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/880535579770933252

It's probably Nurse Love Addiction or Sayonara Umihara Kawase Plus, both are from Degica.

Thought there would be more Vita copies with how Luc's been talking.

It's actually 700 Vita, 400 PS4. Got my numbers flipped. Still, these are probably the rarest things on the platforms.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/880536401443303424

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom