• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good-o. I knew something seemed weird about those numbers.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/880535579770933252

It's probably Nurse Love Addiction or Sayonara Umihara Kawase Plus, both are from Degica.

I wouldn't say no to NLA, but it'd be awesome to see Umihara Kawase get a release. Another one (like Dariusburst) that I've had on my Play-Asia wishlist for ages.

oldmario

i wonder if Josh and Doug would bother with pre-orders again with the rule that the disc/cart image was available from the date it starts so basically any delays would be on them for packaging/extras production issues

Clive

Umihara would be the second time I've wasted money importing Japanese games only to get a localized physical version in English by LRG later on. Did the same for Dariusburst. This is not a complaint btw but instead would be proof that LRG is picking good games, if it happens. So far the evidence is non-existent.

Semoreh

i wonder if Josh and Doug would bother with pre-orders again with the rule that the disc/cart image was available from the date it starts so basically any delays would be on them for packaging/extras production issues

They seem to be adamant it won't happen again, even if IMO they base this on a wrong generalization ("Skullgirls was late so every game will be late").

UCBooties

So nothing is announced for release between now and July 14th? Things were coming so fast for a couple months there!

I still want dates for Cosmic Stat Heroine, Nuclear Throne, Fallen Legion, and Ys Origin!

So nothing is announced for release between now and July 14th? Things were coming so fast for a couple months there!

I still want dates for Cosmic Stat Heroine, Nuclear Throne, Fallen Legion, and Ys Origin!

Bard's Gold and Rive are July 7th.

Plague Road is the 28th.

Those two dates are the most concrete.

CSH no idea.
NT is getting there, working on Vita patch right now with them.
FL isn't too far off.
Ys Origin could be August.

Plague Road is the 28th.

CSH no idea.
FL isn't too far off.

What about Salt and Sanctuary? Last I heard the most recent Vita patch fixed the crashing issues folk were having.

Clov

Plague Road is the 28th.

CSH no idea.
FL isn't too far off.

Any idea on VA-11 HALL-A? That's the one I'm most excited for!

Also, I'm moving to Japan soon; do you guys ship to there? How much is shipping there generally?

Clive

My goal for Salt and Sanctuary is October 27th.

Makes a great Halloween game.

Yeah, but if you release it at that date then no one will actually be playing it on Halloween, at least not the LRG version of the game. Selling it a month before Halloween would allow for it to be delivered by that date. :p

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)

Plague Road is the 28th.

CSH no idea.
FL isn't too far off.

How's Oceanhorn Vita coming along?

Also, I'm moving to Japan soon; do you guys ship to there? How much is shipping there generally?

Based on the number of wildly overpriced LRG releases I've seen in Akihabara... Yes, they very much ship to Japan.

(In fact, I think they should have a Japanese ordering interface... The Vita diehards over there are as nuts as we are over here.)

hawk2025

Lawbreakers, YES!!
Order immediately placed. What a HUGE get, holy shit.

Edit: oops, looks like I was a little confused and didn't realize it was PC-only, and not PC+PS4.

Ah well, I'll tack on the PS4 disc to the box once it's out.

Weevilone

Lawbreakers, YES!!

Funny how different taste can be. I was thinking, finally... a game from LRG that I know I'll never play. Hmm.. is it finally time to break the streak?

I'd think there would be a lot of people into indie and/or JPN niche titles (that litter the LRG landscape) that wouldn't be interested in a team-based FPS.

Moofers

Very happy for LRG to score Lawbreakers. That's a pretty high profile title that they can throw back at anyone who says they only do "bullshit indie games nobody cares about".

I think Lawbreakers is online-only, yes? If it has any kind of offline content I might consider buying it up, but I don't usually care about physical editions of online only games. Gonna have to read up on this one.

Weevilone

Does Lawbreakers still lack any kind of offline mode?

It doesn't look like it. Quote from them:

According to Cliff Bleszinski, the reason is fairly simple: it costs the most money. Bleszinski suggests that a singleplayer campaign can cost up to 75% of the entire game's budget.

”They usually cost 75% of the budget. And you burn through the campaign in a weekend, and then [players] go to multiplayer."

Source: http://segmentnext.com/2016/02/01/l...ngeplayer-campaign-it-costs-75-of-the-budget/

Perhaps there's a better source out there, but that's where I read it.

I personally thing this is a strange game for LRG, since there's no point in preserving a game like this. Once the online community or servers are gone, there is no game.

Edit: Just read LRG's post, so what do I know? So there is just an offline with bots perhaps? To be clear, looks like a solid game. It's just not something I'd personally dig, and has a different look to it than anything LRG has done before. And did I mention that I don't like change? :)

Moofers

Offline with bots is okay with me. I have a copy of Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast that I cherish because the offline play still captures everything I loved about the game. If Lawbreakers has that, I'm in.

hawk2025

It doesn't look like it. Quote from them:

According to Cliff Bleszinski, the reason is fairly simple: it costs the most money. Bleszinski suggests that a singleplayer campaign can cost up to 75% of the entire game’s budget.

“They usually cost 75% of the budget. And you burn through the campaign in a weekend, and then [players] go to multiplayer.”

Source: http://segmentnext.com/2016/02/01/l...ngeplayer-campaign-it-costs-75-of-the-budget/

Perhaps there's a better source out there, but that's where I read it.

I personally thing this is a strange game for LRG, since there's no point in preserving a game like this. Once the online community or servers are gone, there is no game.

Edit: Just read LRG's post, so what do I know? So there is just an offline with bots perhaps? To be clear, looks like a solid game. It's just not something I'd personally dig, and has a different look to it than anything LRG has done before. And did I mention that I don't like change? :)

Campaign != offline mode.

Funny how different taste can be. I was thinking, finally... a game from LRG that I know I'll never play. Hmm.. is it finally time to break the streak?

I'd think there would be a lot of people into indie and/or JPN niche titles (that litter the LRG landscape) that wouldn't be interested in a team-based FPS.

"Indie" covers literally every genre out there -- including FPS, as evidenced by...... Lawbreakers, Bedlam, Strafe, Shadow Warrior, Killing Floor, Tower of Guns, etc.

Variety is always good! :)

Kusagari

Lawbreakers is the last thing I'd want a physical edition of. Having to change discs for a game like that just annoys me.

Same thing with Overwatch, which is why I bought it digitally.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah. This is gonna be one of the first LRG titles that I have absolutely zero interest in whatsoever...

Sorry.

I also thought LRG was trying to shy away from Pre-orders again?

Weevilone

Campaign != offline mode.

"Indie" covers literally every genre out there -- including FPS, as evidenced by...... Lawbreakers, Bedlam, Strafe, Shadow Warrior, Killing Floor, Tower of Guns, etc.

Variety is always good! :)

I understand that there are different kinds of "offline modes" but there's no need to preserve something that is 99% online with an offline training mode that most likely has poor AI.

Point taken about indie being anything, but I feel my point stands regarding this being a significant departure from LRG's usual fare. Even if I was into online FPS I wouldn't want this on a disk. There's no game without the community and servers. Clearly LRG is expanding their catalog and I'm sure someone cares. I suppose it's a good thing for me, as the "full collection" thing needed to end sometime. I'll feel less compelled to buy games I might not want to play. I keep seeing some iffy looking visual novels mentioned, so it was going to end soon regardless.

emb

Was stopping by the thread to check if LawBreakers had offline stuff.

By 'training mode', I assume that is basically bot matches? If so I might buy, if it's a tutorial or something, that wouldn't be good. Thinking about buying something like that though (won't ever play online because of subscription fee), compared to other games I already put off buying... it's weird.

takoyaki

Lawbreakers is an ultrafast arena-shooter like good old Unreal Tournament mixed with hero abilities and team-play like Overwatch. It did look very fun in the E3 gameplay footage that was posted on GAF. But I'm not convinced yet if this will work on a PS4 without a keyboard and mouse. UT was the definition of a twitch shooter and this looks even faster. Like Overwatch but everyone is playing Tracer.

Lawbreakers is the last thing I'd want a physical edition of. Having to change discs for a game like that just annoys me.

Same thing with Overwatch, which is why I bought it digitally.

Yeah, I did the same with Overwatch. If it's an online game that you often go back to and play for short bursts, I also prefer digital over physical.

Clov

How's Oceanhorn Vita coming along?

Based on the number of wildly overpriced LRG releases I've seen in Akihabara... Yes, they very much ship to Japan.

(In fact, I think they should have a Japanese ordering interface... The Vita diehards over there are as nuts as we are over here.)

That's good to know! Glad that I'll still be able to ship things directly to me once I arrive.

Was stopping by the thread to check if LawBreakers had offline stuff.

By 'training mode', I assume that is basically bot matches? If so I might buy, if it's a tutorial or something, that wouldn't be good. Thinking about buying something like that though (won't ever play online because of subscription fee), compared to other games I already put off buying... it's weird.

From the Steam community page.

Lumos [developer] 12 Jun @ 5:27pm
We'll have in-game tutorials. No news on bots.

So glad Lawbreakers is coming out as a physical release. I really hesitate to buy anything digital but this announcement solves that problem lol.

And sorry if this question has been asked to death, but any news on the Night Trap release?

So glad Lawbreakers is coming out as a physical release. I really hesitate to buy anything digital but this announcement solves that problem lol.

And sorry if this question has been asked to death, but any news on the Night Trap release?

Night Trap will either be this month or latest August!

At least we hope, super excited!

LRG!

Have you guys ever commented on the possibility of the Supergiant masterpieces Bastion and Transistor? Those two games would basically be guaranteed to have amazing looking covers.

I need to know something, anything!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Okay, the Dragon's Trap package is absolutely amazeballs. Any and all thought of the Asian Arcsy release has gone out the window.

Clive

Dat Wonder Boy LE.
DDmc3sRXYAELLUk.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/880908208860266496

How many times the MEGA POWER though?

hawk2025

Dat Wonder Boy LE.
DDmc3sRXYAELLUk.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/880908208860266496

How many times the MEGA POWER though?

MY LUGGAGE

we are not worthy

In other news, the PS4 Lawbreakers CE is up, and it's exactly the same as the PC one.

Ugh, my mistake cost me an extra $40. Kind of salty about that, I have to say.

I see now that the product description says the PS4 game is not included, but I was going by the picture and trying to order fast :(

Saoshyant

From here that box looks maybe too big for what will go inside, unless it means the poster won't be folded. Aside that, I'd say it looks great.

I'm very glad to see you folks put out a LawBreakers physical edition. I snagged me that PC collector's editon! I'm glad it comes with a code for a digital release, that's a definite bonus. I mostly just want that sweet swag, though~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom