• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

vireland

Does this mean that after 3 years, the game will get pulled from the PSN?

At that point, we re-up the license term to keep it on PSN as-is, or if they won't allow a license re-up (or the terms are substiantially increased), the opening gets pulled again and it's put up on PSN without the opening 3 years from now. Were this a 20k or 30k run, we would have done the buyout, which essentially attaches it to the game perpetually, but that would have been literally 5x more expensive and the money isn't there for that on a run this small.

At that point, we re-up the license term to keep it on PSN as-is, or if they won't allow a license re-up (or the terms are substiantially increased), the opening gets pulled again and it's put up on PSN without the opening 3 years from now. Were this a 20k or 30k run, we would have done the buyout, which essentially attaches it to the game perpetually, but that would have been literally 5x more expensive and the money isn't there for that on a run this small.

Okay. I was a little worried since I'm still bitter over Brave Story - wanted to give it another shot now that I've read the book (great book for anyone who hasn't read it BTW) but it doesn't work on the Vita & is unlikely to get a Vita update since it's been removed from the PSN.

If you can give me some examples of other PSP games that did this, I can see what I can do, although the print in the CoH2 manual is very small to fit all the information in. I'm not sure if it would even be legible at PSP size.

Of the games I currently have on my vita, only Tactics Ogre and Persona are sort of like this. Comparing persona to the physical manual, they reformatted a few pages to remove some key art and save space, but besides that, it's basically a scan. Tactics ogre is verbatim the same thing though. It even has instructions on how to insert the disc.

When you're viewing it normally, it's really zoomed in, such that the width of a single page takes up the whole screen, but when you zoom out to the page view, it becomes apparent what they did.

I didn't get anything today. i'll give it end of this week.

Nevermind. USPS went a different route. got the game and cert now.

since i have the PSN version gonna keep it sealed away.

jeit5KrVu1ntU.jpg

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I just received mine as well. Love the Certificate of Perspicacity, and the cute holograms on it and the game case. Makes me feel special.

10/10 would crowdfund again.

Christ is busy on Kanye West's tour at the moment. Had nothing to do with this.
Oh, you.

I just received mine as well. Love the Certificate of Perspicacity, and the cute holograms on it and the game case. Makes me feel special.
Yeah the certificate is great. The only thing that would have made them better is if they were individually numbered. But I guess that's asking a bit much.

Mine arrived today! Very nice. Good manual, too.

Oh, you.

Yeah the certificate is great. The only thing that would have made them better is if they were individually numbered. But I guess that's asking a bit much.
Well the number on the certificate sticker does match the number on the sticker on the shrinkwrap, so there is that... but true, it isn't a "of X made" number.

vireland

Mine still hasn't been delivered. Do the packages have tracking numbers?

Don't sweat it yet. All domestic orders should be received this coming Fri/Sat, or Mon/Tues at the very latest. If you haven't moved without updating your address and you haven't received the order yet, you probably just ordered later in the campaign and yours was/is being shipped later. We have tracking, but at this point it's premature and it just slows us down from shipping out more to check them on request.

Next week's a different story for domestic. If you haven't got it by then, we can see what's happening/happened with the tracking for it.

rjc571

Banned
Damn @ this game's Amazon prices. I don't think I can resist flipping my unopened copy if people are willing to spend $80+ on it.

I need to give the manual a good read. The first game utterly destroyed me, and I never got that far in it. This one is no different so far. I'm doing what seems to be the easiest quest, but the random monsters are destroying me, and I don't even have enough money to revive. I've gotta be doing something fundamentally wrong, I just need to figure it out.

Probably going to re-roll and make sure everyone has 15+ bonus points so they all live a little longer. Maybe go with 2 mages. Sucks that your back line options are so limited in the beginning. Wish the rangers started with a bow.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any word on when Canadian orders are going out? Anyone from Canada get it yet?

vireland

I need to give the manual a good read. The first game utterly destroyed me, and I never got that far in it. This one is no different so far. I'm doing what seems to be the easiest quest, but the random monsters are destroying me, and I don't even have enough money to revive. I've gotta be doing something fundamentally wrong, I just need to figure it out.

Probably going to re-roll and make sure everyone has 15+ bonus points so they all live a little longer. Maybe go with 2 mages. Sucks that your back line options are so limited in the beginning. Wish the rangers started with a bow.

What's your party configuration?

There's some party configuration discussion on the gaijinworks board, too:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?104-Class-of-Heroes-2-Who-s-in-Your-Party/page2

vireland

I only see the original game going for that much on Amazon. It doesn't look like anyone's even tried to list 2 yet.

$80 for a new copy of the original Class of Heroes, though. Bananas.

The person that put the Kickstarter version on Ebay for $74.99 BIN that got snapped up immediately was crazy. As one of only about 500, they could have probably got $50 more, especially since it was put up pretty early and was probably a sub 200 (of ~3000) serial number.

What's your party configuration?

There's some party configuration discussion on the gaijinworks board, too:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?104-Class-of-Heroes-2-Who-s-in-Your-Party/page2

I went with:

Frontline:
Warrior
Monk
Novice

Backline:
Puppet
Ranger
Sorcerer

Now, the ranger has no bow, which I wasn't expecting, but I'll remedy that later, and the puppet is a devil guy so he has a breath attack to hit from the back line.

I think I need to replace the puppet with an additional sorcerer. Since I can rest MP for free, but not HP, I'll probably start relying on them a lot to raise and cure my injured.

vireland

I went with:

Frontline:
Warrior
Monk
Novice

Backline:
Puppet
Ranger
Sorcerer

Now, the ranger has no bow, which I wasn't expecting, but I'll remedy that later, and the puppet is a devil guy so he has a breath attack to hit from the back line.

I think I need to replace the puppet with an additional sorcerer. Since I can rest MP for free, but not HP, I'll probably start relying on them a lot to raise and cure my injured.

Puppeteer will become super-valuable once he/she learns Magic Wall. I'd keep them as puppeteer until that point, then change class. You get to keep their learned spells, even after changing classes.

I'd think about the Ranger/Novice positions. I'd keep the others.

Also, a cheap trick is you can take a quest that pays you money to buy something you need to retrieve (like the Starry Affection). Take that money, buy a much better piece of equipment for a frontline party member instead and put off completing the quest until you have earned back the money to buy the item. I think the Starry Affection wine quest is like 1000G, which is a lot at the beginning of the game.

And if you're really desperate, each student you enroll and strip of gear nets ~25g when you sell it, too. You can enroll up to 100 students.

Puppeteer will become super-valuable once he/she learns Magic Wall. I'd keep them as puppeteer until that point, then change class. You get to keep their learned spells, even after changing classes.

I'd think about the Ranger/Novice positions. I'd keep the others.

Also, a cheap trick is you can take a quest that pays you money to buy something you need to retrieve (like the Starry Affection). Take that money, buy a much better piece of equipment for a frontline party member instead and put off completing the quest until you have earned back the money to buy the item. I think the Starry Affection wine quest is like 1000G, which is a lot at the beginning of the game.

And if you're really desperate, each student you enroll and strip of gear nets ~25g when you sell it, too. You can enroll up to 100 students.

I was considering stripping some characters bare then expelling them naked and cold.

rjc571

Banned
I only see the original game going for that much on Amazon. It doesn't look like anyone's even tried to list 2 yet.

$80 for a new copy of the original Class of Heroes, though. Bananas.

Haha derp. I searched Amazon for Class of Heroes 2 and didn't even realize that the first result that came up was actually the original game.

Vic, I am still waiting for my 2 copies to arrive. I think something must have gone wrong. I placed my order through Amazon, and I got the email prior to shipping saying that if my address was wrong, I should contact you guys (but it was correct). Any ideas?

Vic, I am still waiting for my 2 copies to arrive. I think something must have gone wrong. I placed my order through Amazon, and I got the email prior to shipping saying that if my address was wrong, I should contact you guys (but it was correct). Any ideas?

You placed your order through Amazon? I thought ordering at Gaijinworks was the only way to get a copy...

You placed your order through Amazon? I thought ordering at Gaijinworks was the only way to get a copy...

It was through the Amazon payment system. My order confirmation email was sent from them, too. The first email I got from Gaijin was the electronic voucher code delivery one.

Danferno

It was through the Amazon payment system. My order confirmation email was sent from them, too. The first email I got from Gaijin was the electronic voucher code delivery one.

I'm in the same boat. Earlier Vic said domestic copies may not finish shipping out until Monday or Tuesday this week, so I figure I won't get worried until next week or so.

vireland

Are you in the US? There are still some straggler domestic multis (qty 2) that have yet to go out since we ran out of that size packaging. We have it now, so all of the domestic will be shipped by tomorrow. So everyone domestic should have received theirs by Tuesday. If you don't see it by mailtime Tuesday, email webmaster@gaijinworks.com and it will be tracked to see where it is or what happened.

We've been working on Canada, and then international is the end of it - everything will be shipped out. At last.

Are you in the US? There are still some straggler domestic multis (qty 2) that have yet to go out since we ran out of that size packaging. We have it now, so all of the domestic will be shipped by tomorrow. So everyone domestic should have received theirs by Tuesday. If you don't see it by mailtime Tuesday, email webmaster@gaijinworks.com and it will be tracked to see where it is or what happened.

We've been working on Canada, and then international is the end of it - everything will be shipped out. At last.

Yes, I am in the US. I will just wait to see what happens.

vireland

All domestic CoH2 orders - Regular, KS Supporter, Multis, etc are now shipped out. Everything should be received by Tuesday, unless you're in AK/HI/PR, which might be a day longer. We've been prepping Canada, and then International, then we're done with all the shipping.

All domestic CoH2 orders - Regular, KS Supporter, Multis, etc are now shipped out. Everything should be received by Tuesday, unless you're in AK/HI/PR, which might be a day longer. We've been prepping Canada, and then International, then we're done with all the shipping.

Should we contact you if we don't get anything by tuesday? I ordered two and still haven't received anything, I think I ordered on the last day though, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

vireland

Should we contact you if we don't get anything by tuesday? I ordered two and still haven't received anything, I think I ordered on the last day though, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Yes, the later you ordered, the later it likely shipped (with some exceptions based on order content). If you're domestic USA (not Canada or International) and you don't see yours by Tuesday after the mail comes, email webmaster@gaijinworks.com and we'll make sure to check on where it's at or what the holdup is. So far we've only received two singles back as undeliverable and we're working those out.

All of that said, chances are very , very good you and almost everyone else in the US will have theirs by Tuesday night.

vireland

It's not CoH3?...

CoH3 is known. While CoH3 hasn't been officially announced, it's known we're working on it. I just haven't talked about it much to keep the focus on CoH2 until we have that taken care of.

This is something else. Will come out after CoH3 due to the time it will take us to get it done.

cj_iwakura

CoH3 is known. While CoH3 hasn't been officially announced, it's known we're working on it. I just haven't talked about it much to keep the focus on CoH2 until we have that taken care of.

This is something else. Will come out after CoH3 due to the time it will take us to get it done.

Hoping for either Oreshika or, excluding Atlus insanity like Growlanser and Tokyo Mono Hara Shi, 7th Dragon.
(Meaning, I don't expect Segatlindex will ever let anyone else touch Growlanser or even TMHS.)

Our next PSP game announcement is pure sexyiness. I should be able to tell you about it before year end.

If you're running the same physical+digital run as you did with CoH2, then count me in for a copy when the campaign starts. Speaking of CoH2, I received my physical copy over the weekend. It was definitely worth the wait. Thanks, Vic!

Top Bottom