• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park announces new album One Last Light + new single Heavy feat. Kiiara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakt

Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp00DMy3aVw

Linkin Park - Battle Symphony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ab595h0AU

LINKIN PARK - GOOD GOODBYE FT. STORMZY AND PUSHA T

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2017/04/linkin-park-good-goodbye-pusha-t-stormzy-new-song/

Linkin Park - Invisible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_gWiwAWrA

New Album

default_58a5147f8e65a_LP_OML_12_58a5147fb79e1.jpg

LINKIN PARK - ONE MORE LIGHT
MAY 19, 2017

01 Nobody Can Save Me
02 Good Goodbye
03 Talking to Myself
04 Battle Symphony
05 Invisible
06 Heavy Ft. Kiiara
07 Sorry for Now
08 Halfway Right
09 One More Light
10 Sharp Edges​

New song sounds very generic and different, but the female vocals make up for it imo

Edit: fked up title, should be one more light

RoKKeR

20 seconds in the fuck is this...I actually really liked their last album.

I'll give the album a chance but damn, I don't like this at all.

Edit: It didn't get better. Wow.

RDreamer

Hmm... I was actually surprised how much I liked modern Linkin Park when I tried out their last few albums, but I don't know about this. It's not bad, but it sounds like really generic pop.

01 Nobody Can Save Me
02 Good Goodbye
03 Talking to Myself
04 Battle Symphony
05 Invisible
06 Heavy Ft. Kiiara
07 Sorry for Now
08 Halfway Right
09 One More Light
10 Sharp Edges​

Yep. Sounds like Linkin Park tracks.

lol @ Good Goodbye.

EDIT: Heavy sounds like gargled garbage spat out during a bad summer reunion with a hip-hop producer.

huh, so that's what Linkin Park sounds like now? sounds like any other shit I'd hear on the radio.

Check out "The Hunting Party" which is their most recently released album (2 years ago I think?). Much different than this song/direction.

That's kinda LP's thing for the last 5 albums at this point. They're always trying different stuff.

I don't necessarily like this particular song (don't hate it either) but I respect them for pretty much doing something different each album.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Boring pop song in a landscape full of great pop songs these days.

I get they aren't angsty young kids anymore, but there is so much other space they could explore that more fits their wheelhouse.

_Ryo_

Disclaimer: I understand music is subjective so these are just my own opinions.

Getting tired of people complaining about LInkin Park doing pop.they have been doing pop since the beginning, they're just not doing a bunch of angsty songs with excessive power chords anymore.

They're never going to go back to nu metal. Get over it, everyone. XD

BTW A Thousand Suns is their best album.
Meteora is literally one of the worst albums I've ever listened to.

Later half of Living Things is great.

The Hunting Party is meh for the most part.

Love Kiiara's vocals in Heavy.

Seik

Banned
One day there will be a Hybrid theory or Meteora 2

Or better yet Reanimation 2

Not today. :(

Yeah, I think that's wishful thinking so far.

Anything explains the change of style though? I never had the opportunity to read about that...is it because Chester cannot scream anymore? By scream I mean, old school LP scream.

Crispy

Ugh...can't stand this. Especially the overly emotional crackly voice singing. Didn't make it to the end of the track.

zeemumu

Anything explains the change of style though? I never had the opportunity to read about that...is it because Chester cannot scream anymore? By scream I mean, old school LP scream.

Pretty sure he screamed in Keys to the Kingdom in Hunting Party. I don't know how much of that was him and how much was the distortion though

I think they're just trying something else.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Last time I heard a few years back, I think they just became genuinely tired of the older style plain and simple.

I think Chester killed his voice during A Thousands Suns.

Khrno

what year is this

This kind of attitude disgusts me.

So a band should only be active for a couple of years? Regardless if you like them or not, what's with that attitude? It's great that bands don't fade out after just 5 years, they all have fans and someone will listen to their music even if they change their style so good for them.

Can't listen at the moment since I'm at work but I'll try it out tonight.

Been an LP fan since Meteora, and ever since Minutes to Midnight came out, my first impression after listening to every new album has been "What the hell are they thinking?" with the exception of Living Things, which I actually thought was a relatively natural combination of their old rap-rock style and the electronic stuff they had been flirting with.

I almost always grow to appreciate their albums on repeat listens, but my first impression is almost always negative. GAF's impressions of this song aren't giving me much confidence that's about to change.

Sai-kun

Banned
generic as fuck production

disappointing

their last album was pretty shite too though so i'm not super surprised.

Zukkoyaki

Hunting Party was solid enough and I actually liked how creative and experimental A Thousand Suns was... But this is just generic pop like Maroon 5 or some shit.

Hydrus

This is complete crap. What happened to these guys? They had a somewhat original sound with their first two records and seemed to be going in a great direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom