• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of known compatible PS3 games for the Dualshock 4

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This is really cool. I planned on picking up an extra controller anyway, so I might just go buy one tomorrow.

Valnen

Xillia being confirmed is nice, I plan on doing 4 player battles and not having to buy 4 PS3 controllers will be nice. Would be nice to see Graces confirmed too.

And Demon's Souls.

wizzbang

Banned
Kind of crappy that the PS3 just sees it as a generic controller. They should just go ahead and update the console with DS4 drivers so they can offer full compatibility, wireless support, and so the console recognizes the PS button.

^^^^^
Thread, seriously.
They'd sell at a guess,....... an extra 200,000 controllers if it worked on PS3 and PC (full support)

They won't do this due to associating the DS4 with the PS4 tho.

Felsparrow

Neo Member
Considering that the plan is for PS3 games to be playable via streaming on the PS4, you can bet that they are working on some kind of compatibility for using DS4 with PS3 games.

The real question isn't whether that will come about, we know it will, it's whether the PS3 could even support a firmware patch that would allow native functionality.

The PS3 had all sorts of problems with its core OS systems being a bit inflexible.

Grim_chiefer

Neo Member
for my first post id like to inform you madden 25 works. used the ds4 to play that and bf3 and holy f*ck i love this controller. cant use the triggers to fire which is crappy but i can tell they are much much improved. the whole ergonomics of the controller just feels right despite not being offset (preference). and those thumb sticks WOW they feel sticky in a good way. i dont really mind the lightbar the controller is bent down at the top and really is a non issue imo.

-PXG-

Playing Puppeteer right now. Works like a charm. Dragon's Crown also works if that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Sakujou

Banned
a stupid question but:

who cares? as long, as it has no real ds3-support, it works as a generic usb-controller. therefore, i am not interested in it.

Chorazin

I expected OP to be:

"All of them. Thank you, Sony."

I really, really hope Sony just patches in DS4 support to the PS3 after seeing how many people are getting them early and using them on PS3. They probably could even use the touch protocols from the chat pad add-on for the touch pad if they wanted.

Probably just wishful thinking, but hey.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Thanks guys. I've updated the OP and put them in rough alphabetic order. That way you can quickly check before you post anything. And could you capitalise them so that I can quickly cut and paste.

Sulaco

Cannot wait to play RE4 - hopefully moving around will feel less sluggish with the new sticks.

Also I wish Sony had put a switch underneath the controller to switch between PS3 and PS4 mode - would've made a ton of sense.

Top Bottom