• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of known compatible PS3 games for the Dualshock 4

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't think KZ2/3 really "work". You can't do the sections where you have to use sixaxis to turn explosive handles.

Or is there a way around it?

Eusis

I don't think KZ2/3 really "work". You can't do the sections where you have to use sixaxis to turn explosive handles.

It's probably worth pointing out in general whenever a game works but has issues, IE lack of motion sensing or if certain parts don't work for whatever weird reason.

Batman Arkham City works fine if want to pile that up with Arkham Origins on your list.

Also, hopefully this is just me, but in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 it seems if the left stick hits a certain angle, Sora goes from running full speed to casually walking on the spot. I'm guessing this a side effect of the game's PS2 deadzones not translating well to DS4?

vivftp

Just picked up a DS4 and I can confirm it works just hunky dory in Borderlands 2. Gonna take this bad boy for a spin! Feels amazing so far

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I know PS1 classics work, but I just had to say that I fired up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and played it with the DS4 the other day, and it felt like Heaven.

I frigging love the D-Pad on that controller. About as much as I love the D-Pad on the Vita. 2D sidescrollers need to continue to be a thing on the PS4, that's for sure.

ReaperXL7

Can anyone check to see if DC Universe Online works?

I may not he able to find one until launch since I cant seem to find any shops selling them where I live, but I need to replace my DS3 so If I can find one it would be cool to know if it works with DCUO. Already saw that it works with FFXiv which is also nice.

no rumble and people are actually looking forward to using it on PS3?

No rumble = Still better than DS3 for everything except force feedback.

imo. I think the DS3 is one of the worse controllers ever for first/3rd person shooters.

NBA 2k11 DOESN'T work

Demo for NBA 2k13 DOESN'T work, so I assume the retail release doesn't work either.

MLB the Show 11...WORKS!!!!

cackhyena

So no flashlight for The Last of Us? I'm just starting this game out and my DS4 arrived a couple days ago. Should I not even bother if I can't use the flashlight?

hurzelein

The Dualshock 4 does also function as a second Controller on the Ps3 right?

thinking about buying a second Dualshock 3 for Multiplayer, but if it does, I will buy a DS4.

todd360

Can we please remove Kh 1.5 HD from the list. The game registers running northwest as walking with the ds4. I don't know about you guys but that makes it unplayable in my book.

Jaroof

I tested out One Piece Pirate Warriors 2.
It works, for the most part.. but I did notice that if I was moving in a direction, with the stick tilted all the way forward, I was unable to slide it in another direction without having my character stopping all movement.
For example: if I were running forward, and try to tilt the left stick to the upper left, sometimes my character would just stop moving all together. Don't understand why that was happening. Compatibility issue, I guess. I don't think it's my controller, seeing as how I played through the majority of Arkham Origins with no problems.

This was the only issue I had, though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I tested out One Piece Pirate Warriors 2.
It works, for the most part.. but I did notice that if I was moving in a direction, with the stick tilted all the way forward, I was unable to slide it in another direction without having my character stopping all movement.
For example: if I were running forward, and try to tilt the left stick to the upper left, sometimes my character would just stop moving all together. Don't understand why that was happening. Compatibility issue, I guess. I don't think it's my controller, seeing as how I played through the majority of Arkham Origins with no problems.

This was the only issue I had, though.

I'll leave that one of the list. There's very little point in putting PS3 games on the list that don't work well, but thanks anyway.

zroid

Banned
This is pretty cool. Not planning to get a PS4 till next year, but might pick up a DS4 now just for fun.

DryvBy

Games I know it works with:

-Battlefield 3
-Darkstalkers Chronicles
-Guilty Gear X
-Persona 4 Arena
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Can we please remove Kh 1.5 HD from the list. The game registers running northwest as walking with the ds4. I don't know about you guys but that makes it unplayable in my book.

No!!! :((((

It's on its way from Gamefly right now and I was so looking forward to playing it with my DS4...

This is pretty cool. Not planning to get a PS4 till next year, but might pick up a DS4 now just for fun.

That's what I did. I'll get a PS4 when I get one (hopefully by the time Second Son releases) but I got a DS4 over a week ago to play on my PS3 and PC.

(Edit: Sorry, double post.)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There's a rumour going around that the Dualshock 4 is compatible with the 360. Can someone verify this for me please.

I'm not going to be adding those to the list if it's true though!

In KZ3 you can just turn off motion sensing. Not in KZ2 though.

Add Carnivores HD and the Pacific Rim game to the list!

Zalman

I don't get why it's different for every game. What's the technical reason behind it? Why is the system only able to recognize the buttons for some games?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not familiar with a lot of these series so I can't attribute a number to them. Could someone perhaps let me know in what order some of these games are? If this list keeps on growing it makes sense to write GOW 1/2/3 rather than giving them their full title. I don't know the orders of a lot of these games, especially COD or Battlefield.

Here's an example of when I get confused:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (is this Battlefield 2 or a branch off?)
Battlefield 3/4

Top Bottom