• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive shooting but all the BBC commentators kept saying was the Nigerian defence were not making it hard for them at all.

I thought the Spain v GB match was more exciting as it was tense to the final moments.

My favorite kind of matches are the ones where one side blows the other out of the water. But close matches are very good also.

Sealda

Banned
I hate to bring this up, but in the second game set, the chinese and korean duos both plays normal badminton. Although the chinese, looses a few easy balls. However, they are clearly playing and there is no way to see they are trying to loose.

It looks just a bit, relaxed.

Usa beasting on gold front now. Does china have a chance?

Tomorrow, China will get around 5-7 medals in Badminton.

Draconian

Holy crap at that boxing clip. I've seen a lot of stuff where I thought the fix was in, but never anything as blatant as that. Unbelievable.

I hate to bring this up, but in the second game set, the chinese and korean duos both plays normal badminton. Although the chinese, looses a few easy balls. However, they are clearly playing and there is no way to see they are trying to loose.

At least one of the Chinese teams were DQ'd

Making an offering for Kobe?

ZOJ7+

she looks under 18.
heck she can pass for a 12yr old.
konex, thats your neck of the woods.

Steelrain

I'm pretty sure refs can tell what they are doing just like the commentators and everyone else saw. Just because they tried to make it less than crystal clear what they were doing after being warned doesn't mean they were fooling anyone.

Wes

venison crêpe
Off to Wimbledon tomorrow. I get to see:

Federer v Del Potro
Azarenka v Serena
Djokovic v Murray
Williams Sisters v Kirilenko/Petrova

All on centre court. Should be a good day but I'm annoyed I'll be missing velodrome action, rowing drama and Jessica Ennis in Day 1 of the Heptathlon.

zero_suit

Federer v Del Potro
Azarenka v Serena
Djokovic v Murray

All on centre court. Should be a good day but I'm annoyed I'll be missing velodrome action, rowing drama and Jessica Ennis in Day 1 of the Heptathlon.

Let's go, Del Po!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Apparently there are still tickets for tomorrow in the athletics, and the morning at eton (I could walk there, tempted)

Why don't the Olympics just get rid of Boxing altogether, if it's not a real sport?

Also, there are plenty of "subjective" sports in the Olypics that rely on judge scoring. I don't understand why Boxing is always the sport riddled with controversial rulings. I know there have been historical cases of Americans getting slighted in rulings at the Olympics

SuperBonk

Federer v Del Potro
Azarenka v Serena
Djokovic v Murray

Nice, those should all be great matches.

Nekki

Federer v Del Potro
Azarenka v Serena
Djokovic v Murray

Odds against Del Potro, but i can only wish he plays well and wins! :D

Xun

I really regret not attempting to get tickets for the Olympics.

I didn't realise I'd enjoy it this much.

Chumly

Also, there are plenty of "subjective" sports in the Olypics that rely on judge scoring. I don't understand why Boxing is always the sport riddled with controversial rulings. I know there have been historical cases of Americans getting slighted in rulings at the Olympics

Boxing has had multiple actual bribing scandals though. Obviously thats significantly worse than the controversial slights in stuff like gymnastics. Boxing is also GLARING obviously. It would be like a judge in gymnastics giving a great routine a 12 for no reason.

Alebrije

I really regret not attempting to get tickets for the Olympics.

I didn't realise I'd enjoy it this much.

I hear there are a lot of tickets in most of sports due to the cost, also in alot of sports they reduced the cost this week. If you live in GB still have chance to go.

Alebrije

Boxing has had multiple actual bribing scandals though. Obviously thats significantly worse than the controversial slights in stuff like gymnastics. Boxing is also GLARING obviously. It would be like a judge in gymnastics giving a great routine a 12 for no reason.

Boxing is the most corrupted "sport" , "Professional" box is more a gambling game than a sport. Amateur used to be clean but now is spoiled by Professional box.

Because the entire sport is corrupt at every level.

Nekki

I'm too lazy to read the convoluted website of the olympics for this info, but how are tickets managed??

Is it per-event or per-day??? Like, does the ticket give you entry to any event or you have to buy them separately?

MIMIC

Banned

Federer v Del Potro
Azarenka v Serena
Djokovic v Murray

Ugh. Federer with a bye to the finals from the word go. :-/ Neishikori might as well have made the semis....wouldn't have made a bit of a difference.

Koodo

Banned
Archery left me so sleep deprived that I slept through most of the Women's Gymnastics. *o*

Bless Gabby for winning, she is amazing.

Xun

I hear there are a lot of tickets in most of sports due to the cost, also in alot of sports they reduced the cost this week. If you live in GB still have chance to go.
I'll take a look tomorrow then! It would be cool to go to an event.

Welp, that's Murray out then.
He's a much better player now than he used to be, so who knows?

I'm not getting my hopes up though...

It's not too late!

I bought some tickets a few hours ago for Handball tomorrow!
How much?

I'll have to take a gander tomorrow.

tino

Banned
It's not too late!

I bought some tickets a few hours ago for Handball tomorrow!

I figure he's in the mixed doubles as a safety net for when he's out of the mens.

Thats very easy. 4 years ago I was in China but I couldn't get any ticket. You have to have a citizen id number to apply for the ticket raffle ahead of time.

Big-E

Ya boxing is beyond redemption. Didn't see it as I was not even 2 years old but Roy Jones got fucked over in 88 landed like 800 shots to the face and losing. The athletes must love their sport as I would be so discouraged to know that at any moment I can lose for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom