• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespene

I've been watching the Olympics all week and I really hate the Nike outfit Team USA has to wear on the podium. It's $450 on their store! WTF?

Anyway, I love the one they do prefer to wear otherwise, from Adidas.

Can someone help me find this for sale?

Adidas Team USA Jacket

owlbeak

Missed most of today's live stuff. :(

Hopefully NBC's primetime coverage is decent tonight. I heard this was a great volleyball match (Brazil-US).

mclem

The light goes on when you get touched. It's automatic.

In 1976, in the Modern Pentathlon fencing, a russian contender got caught using a specially-modified weapon with a button in the hilt that made the lights go off.

Which cheating is reprehensible, an' all, that's an *awesome* way to do so.

Gorillaz

Missed most of today's live stuff. :(

Hopefully NBC's primetime coverage is decent tonight. I heard this was a great volleyball match (Brazil-US).

Look up the Basketball game between USA and Nigeria. It was a pretty close match.

during the first 30 seconds lol

Parch

Embarassing scores are not good. If there are not enough countries capable of fielding a reasonably competative team in basketball, then something has to change or the sport should be removed from the olympics.

Most athletes know they have no chance of winning, but at least they can compete without being completely embarassed. Olympic basketball is a joke.

Draconian

Embarassing scores are not good. If there are not enough countries capable of fielding a reasonably competative team in basketball, then something has to change or the sport should be removed from the olympics.

Most athletes know they have no chance of winning, but at least they can compete without being completely embarassed. Olympic basketball is a joke.

You do realize if you applied this same logic to other Olympic events, you'd be eliminating quite a few of them, right?

those girls in gymnastics are amazing and make me feel self conscious as fuck, lol. 16 or 17, amazing athletic ability, Olympic medalists. feel like a scrub sitting here with my beer, messy room, bummy and shit.

matt360

Thanks for this!! Didn't know Ryan was a New Yorker, any states there doing impressive numbers? Ohio I imagin?

He was born in NY, but he's a Floridian through and through. He's lived in Daytona since he was little. I should know, he's good friends with my sister and we all went to high school together.

Nekki

Damn i'm on call tomorrow so i'll miss most of the stuff :/ might be able to catch some during quiet times tho, i hope!

Korey

For bike/rowing races, why are there spectators who go to the effort of parking themselves on the route sidelines to get a 1.4 second glimpse of the action?

Seems ridiculous to me.

Gorillaz

those girls in gymnastics are amazing and make me feel self conscious as fuck, lol. 16 or 17, amazing athletic ability, Olympic medalists. feel like a scrub sitting here with my beer, messy room, bummy and shit.

Same thing....I feel terrible because I use to be pretty athletic but with college I just got lazy.

Big-E

Do they have a special podium for that? Do they play both anthems at the same time?

Haven't seen someone share gold but I assume they play both anthems. In the case of the most recent silver medal share, the athletes stand on the same place (the silver step) and the bronze area is empty.

Tom Penny

This is legal? If so 0_0.

vball.gif

clemenx

Banned
I think it is. I remember seeing my HS voley team do it a couple of times. Of course that we weren't on the highest level of competition, lol.

Blair

Banned
Just got back from seeing GB vs Spain and USA vs Nigeria. GB game was great, final quarter the crowd was going crazy.

USA game... madness.

3Sixty

Just read that the BBC did a story about how Azerbaijan had paid $10,000,000 to ensure that two of its boxers would receive gold medals in London. After a lengthy investigation, they found that the BBC's claims had no merits.

Looks like the BBC was right. Fuckin sham of a sport.

Edit, beaten.

Well its no coincidence the World Championships were held there last year

Koodo

Banned
Lord, Gabby Douglas on the beam was amazing. Not quite up there with Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin, but amazing nonetheless.

elty

I think USA and China should be assigned multiple IOC membership to make other country looks better.
just joking

Not sure why would people worry that US may win less medal than China though. Even if the number of swimming event is cut in half USA should still be ahead on a neutral ground.

U2NUMB

Ok that ATT commercial right after Soni's swim was very cool. I know its tape delayed but it was a cool thing to watch and then have integrated into a commercial like that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well McKayla had the only literally perfect routine of the entire games so hard to top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom