• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.17/18/18.5: "The End" (Everything Else Was Just Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Igoritza said:
no, i just dismiss the explanation within the show - "ben will forget" WHY ???

Sayid didnt forget anything. why did ben, and how did Richard know that in advance ?

Sayid didnt forget because the healing pool wasnt working if you remember. Also why wouldnt Richard know, hes been on the island for 100+ years, he probably knew plenty about the temple

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Drealmcc0y said:
I have a friend who said he hates lost now after the finale, he was talking about how the show is all stupid now, and i was like "they moved the island with a freaking frozen donkey wheel, yet THIS is a problem!?"

He was obviously just looking for reasons that the show sucked that wernt there.

He has also come to the conclusion that they were definetly making it all up as they went along, even though hes only been watching the show for a few months.

He also asked questions like "why was Lockes dad on the island, this show is so shit!"

We are no longer friends :lol
Sigh, I also saw a few (even "professionals") throwing fits that the show is shit now, the writers are trolls who didn't have a clue about anything and nothing that happened mattered in the end, etc, etc. Even if the finale sucks for someone I'd think it's pretty hard for it to invalidate 6 years and 120 episodes of awesome entertainment. I hope some of the people that are overreacting right now are able to look back on The End and the rest of the series under a different light after they calm down (or just move on and shut up).

I have some irl friends that loved it + some that disliked it and we want to sit down and discuss the show one of these days. Fun times ahead. :lol

Igoritza

Banned
Drealmcc0y said:
Sayid didnt forget because the healing pool wasnt working if you remember. Also why wouldnt Richard know, hes been on the island for 100+ years, he probably knew plenty about the temple

ok, so this is a new theory:

when the healing pool works - it heals people, giving them short term memory

when the healing pool DOESNT WORK, it HEALS poeple, but with no memory loss ?

:D

i win this argument

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Igoritza said:

i win this argument
No no no, you got it all wrong.

Jacob did it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Igoritza said:
no, i just dismiss the explanation within the show - "ben will forget" WHY ???

Sayid didnt forget anything. why did ben, and how did Richard know that in advance ?
ITS A MAGIC POOL OF WATER THAT STOPPED BEING MAGIC (or at least stopped being 'good' magic) WHEN THE MAGIC DUDE ON THE ISLAND DIED.
What more rationale explanation can you expect beyond, "he forgets because this is fiction, its convenient for the writers and ITS FUCKING MAGIC"

Jesus dude, you don't get to pick and choose what matters and what does not.
Its one thing to have a question, but its another to do so while arguing with the canon of the show while sporting a DBZ avatar and ignoring the source material you are picking apart.

Fine you hate LOST. Whatever dude, just don't pretend it wasn't addressed on the show. We don't really care if you LIKED the answer.
Just find a new show to watch. No harm, no foul, but IT WAS addressed on the show.

bogg

I remember hearing or reading an interview with Lindelcuse, and they were talking about how they went to explain to the abc guys how season 2 is basically about pushing a button every 108 minutes or the world will end :lol

Blader

Igoritza said:

i win this argument

When the healing pool didn't work, it didn't heal anything. Dogen's hand was still cut and Sayid still died.

And before you post "hurr but sayid came back to life," I'll just point out that Miles tells Sayid it wasn't the Others who revived Sayid, but something else -- later revealed to be MIB, specifically his Sickness.

Igoritza said:

i win this argument

no

seriously no wonder you dont like the show, you havent got a fucking scooby :lol

Igoritza

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
No no no, you got it all wrong.

Jacob did it.

oh, silly me, of course Jacob did it .. :)

CALL 999-JACOB-1234 for Mystical broken pool, that works better than the new one! (works twice better with a dead Pakistani in it)

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
When the healing pool didn't work, it didn't heal anything. Dogen's hand was still cut and Sayid still died.

And before you post "hurr but sayid came back to life," I'll just point out that Miles tells Sayid it wasn't the Others who revived Sayid, but something else -- later revealed to be MIB, specifically his Sickness.
For whatever its worth, I think its pretty obvious that Sayid was infected through the pool due to the darkened waters (biggest clue right there)

and you could surmise that Sayid never really died per se, hence why Miles was getting those strange "readings" (or lack thereof) off of Sayid.

SpeedingUptoStop

It's cool guys, Igoritza is right. The dude has got it nailed to the wall.

Every answer on Lost is Jacob did it. No need to explain it further, this is all Igoritza needs to know.

Blader5489 said:

I wonder how Igoritza is going to pick this apart, i dont see how he could now.

Im sure he will try though

Igoritza

Banned
Blader5489 said:

and that leads us to the question : why and how can MiB heal, no, not heal - resurrect dead people ?? on that matter - a candidate ?

im gonna drag this out and go all the way back in to the show to point out why that doesnt make sense, and why MiB cant resurrect dead ones ...

as far as i know - the temple was STILL surrounded by the Ashes, so, if you're gonna tell me that he actually DID have Jesus powers - he couldnt use them.

bogg

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It's cool guys, Igoritza is right. The dude has got it nailed to the wall.

Every answer on Lost is Jacob did it. No need to explain it further, this is all Igoritza needs to know.
They were dead all along so what fucking difference does it make anyway?
IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Solo

ELECTROMAGNETISM

There, I win every LOST debate that ever has been, is, and ever will be. Its all bloody real, now press the damned button!

Igoritza

Banned
Drealmcc0y said:
I wonder how Igoritza is going to pick this apart, i dont see how he could now.

Im sure he will try though

your explanation about tainted water in the pool doesnt work - MiB couldnt do it, cause he cant:

touch the water

enter teh temple (even via the plumbing)

Sayid was then resurrected by .. ? Yoda ?

Dead

well not really...yet
Igoritza said:
and that leads us to the question : why and how can MiB heal, no, not heal - resurrect dead people ?? on that matter - a candidate ?

im gonna drag this out and go all the way back in to the show to point out why that doesnt make sense, and why MiB cant resurrect dead ones ...

as far as i know - the temple was STILL surrounded by the Ashes, so, if you're gonna tell me that he actually DID have Jesus powers - he couldnt use them.
Dead said:
For whatever its worth, I think its pretty obvious that Sayid was infected through the pool due to the darkened waters (biggest clue right there)

and you could surmise that Sayid never really died per se, hence why Miles was getting those strange "readings" (or lack thereof) off of Sayid.

All the hints are there man.

I thought you knew EVERY fact about the show?

SpeedingUptoStop

Igoritza said:

Dude, it's very apparent that Jacob did it. Jacob zombified Sayid to give a weapon to MiB, because Jacob doesn't like his entertainment to be one sided and over quickly.

Blader

Dead said:

I don't think so. Otherwise Dogen and Lennon would have been infected, and it wouldn't explain how Claire and the French team were infected as well (especially since Claire was fully "claimed" in between leaving with Christian and talking to Locke in the cabin).

Igoritza said:

MIB doesn't go around resurrecting people personally, it's the Sickness that brought Sayid and Claire and some of the French team back.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Solo said:
ELECTROMAGNETISM

There, I win every LOST debate that ever has been, is, and ever will be. Its all bloody real, now press the damned button!
NANOMACHINES

I got gaming-age covered.

edit: F U, AgentWhiskersX. Straight up

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
I don't think so. Otherwise Dogen and Lennon would have been infected, and it wouldn't explain how Claire and the French team were infected as well (especially since Claire was fully "claimed" in between leaving with Christian and talking to Locke in the cabin).

MIB doesn't go around resurrecting people personally, it's the Sickness that brought Sayid and Claire and some of the French team back.
The infection is obviously targetted. Otherwise there would be hundreds of infected people on the Island.

Sayid was infected so MIB could get a man inside to do his job. Dogen and Lennon died after the fact, they had no use for MIB anymore.

I see your point, but I think the darkened waters is a direct visual clue imo. Also, doesn't mean that its the ONLY way for MIB to claim people. Claire spent 3 years with MIB, and she only went with him at first because she thought it was her father, and we never saw what really happened with the French team.

Blader

Dead said:
The infection is obviously targetted. Otherwise there would be hundreds of infected people on the Island.

Sayid was infected so MIB could get a man inside to do his job. Dogen and Lennon died after the fact, they had no use for MIB anymore.

I see your point, but I think the darkened waters is a direct visual clue imo. Also, doesn't mean that its the ONLY way for MIB to claim people.

So you're saying that the Sickness would have infected the pool, and that's how it got Sayid?

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
So you're saying that the Sickness would have infected the pool, and that's how it got Sayid?
Pretty much.

and like I said, I think Miles reaction kinda says that he wasn't truly dead. Otherwise, if he was, Miles would be able to get a read off of him.

bogg

The thing I don't get is why nobody is asking what the fuck was up with Jacob this season? He came to Hugo as a ghost, then he fucked with Flock's mind as a kid that the losties can see, later we find out that he is still fucking there or something so he can explain to the remaining candidates whats up and pass on the job. But the only thing that doesn't make sense to people is why the fuck Ben didn't remember Sayid, or why Walt was special?
And how did Sayid lose his Iraqi accent so fast?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Staccat0 said:
ITS A MAGIC POOL OF WATER THAT STOPPED BEING MAGIC (or at least stopped being 'good' magic) WHEN THE MAGIC DUDE ON THE ISLAND DIED.
What more rationale explanation can you expect beyond, "he forgets because this is fiction, its convenient for the writers and ITS FUCKING MAGIC"

Jesus dude, you don't get to pick and choose what matters and what does not.
Its one thing to have a question, but its another to do so while arguing with the canon of the show while sporting a DBZ avatar and ignoring the source material you are picking apart.

Fine you hate LOST. Whatever dude, just don't pretend it wasn't addressed on the show. We don't really care if you LIKED the answer.
Just find a new show to watch. No harm, no foul, but IT WAS addressed on the show.

don't say 'we' like everyone has your back. people can be disappointed with some aspects and still appreciate the show as a whole, you know.

Dead

well not really...yet
bogg said:
The thing I don't get is why nobody is asking what the fuck was up with Jacob this season? He came to Hugo as a ghost, then he fucked with Flock's mind as a kid that the losties can see, later we find out that he is still fucking there or something so he can explain to the renaming candidates whats up and pass on the job. But the only thing that doesn't make sense to people is why the fuck Ben didn't remember Sayid, or why Walt was special?
And how did Sayid loose his Iraqi accent so soon?
There was Jacob as a ghost that Hurley saw

Then there was a temporary Kid Jacob, there as long as Jacobs ashes were there.

The ashes were burnt, bringing back real Jacob (previously kid) for a temporary period. When the fire of the ashes was completely burnt out, he would disappear forever.

Blader

Dead said:
Pretty much.

and like I said, I think Miles reaction kinda says that he wasn't truly dead. Otherwise, if he was, Miles would be able to get a read off of him.

Ok. I dig.

bogg said:
The thing I don't get is why nobody is asking what the fuck was up with Jacob this season? He came to Hugo as a ghost, then he fucked with Flock's mind as a kid that the losties can see, later we find out that he is still fucking there or something so he can explain to the remaining candidates whats up and pass on the job. But the only thing that doesn't make sense to people is why the fuck Ben didn't remember Sayid, or why Walt was special?
And how did Sayid loose his Iraqi accent so soon?

I think burning the ashes is what made Jacob physical again, for a short time.

SpeedingUptoStop

Blader5489 said:
As for young Jacob running around...I don't have a fucking clue.
Yea, seriously....there is no explanation for that. For some reason, they never even tried. And it was a mysteru they introduced in the final season, they had to've thought about it for a sec.:lol :lol They timed it well though, because Young jacob's wtf moment came at the point where people cared the least (re:WTDF):lol .

bogg

I think you guys missed my point. :lol
I'm talking about how people don't care about some crazy stuff, but focus on other stuff like the fucking food drop or whatever to prove their point that the show doesn't make any sense.

Blader

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Yea, seriously....there is no explanation for that. For some reason, they never even tried. And it was a mysteru they introduced in the final season, they had to've thought about it for a sec.:lol :lol They timed it well though, because Young jacob's wtf moment came at the point where people cared the least (re:WTDF):lol .

Between kid Jacob running around and Illana's backstory being cut, I'm thinking there must have been some kind of shift in the writing room this year. Maybe something unexpected happened, or they just realized they had less time than they thought.

SpeedingUptoStop

Blader5489 said:
Between kid Jacob running around and Illana's backstory being cut, I'm thinking there must have been some kind of shift in the writing room this year. Maybe something unexpected happened, or they just realized they had less time than they thought.
Basically. there could be a lot of deleted scenes explaining this shit on the DVD.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why are you all arguing!? DOGEN IS DEAD!
3PO3D.gif

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
Illana being cut is most likely because they realized they didnt have enough time to do it properly. I don't see really see a correlation there.

Kid Jacob appeared after Illana took the ashes

Kid Jacob disappeared when the ashes were burnt, allowing normal Jacob to appear temporarily.

Don't think there is anything else to it.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Dead said:
Kid Jacob didn't appear until Illana took Jacobs ashes btw
But why were these two versions of Jacob running around the Island at the same time?

SpeedingUptoStop

Dead said:
Illana being cut is most likely because they realized they didnt have enough time to do it properly. I don't see really see a correlation there.

Kid Jacob disappeared when the ashes were burnt, allowing normal Jacob to appear temporarily.

Why have it be Kid Jacob at all? And why was Kid Jacob physically able to grab the ashes? Why not just ask Hugo to dump the ashes in a fire?

Dead

well not really...yet
Solo said:
Because it might be the worst thing they did on this show, and feels completely out of place with the rest of the series.
Sorry, nothing is worse than Darth Charlie from season 2

Blader

Dead said:

How does Jacob's ashes being in a bag cause a physical replica of a kid from 2000 years ago to appear?

jeez, what a sentence :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Staccat0 said:
I don't think thats exactly fair.
I think the problem comes mostly from people "catching up" with lost later and watching all the seasons in a month.
We've all had time to let each episode cook and come to reasonable conclusions about a lot of the mysteries on the show.
People who blew through it all probably expected some blatant answers like Micheal's answer about the whispers in season 6.

Mysteries were a big part of why I watched the show, but I don't need them specifically and canonically addressed on the show to consider them answered. Its far more fulfilling when they just give you all the hints and peices to the puzzle.

This is really not true, I've blown through the whole of S1-5 in a short amount of time for the first time ever last year, and the mystery's are not all that I watched it for. The characters are great. I loved all of Lost.

Dead

well not really...yet
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Why have it be Kid Jacob at all? And why was Kid Jacob physically able to grab the ashes? Why not just ask Hugo to dump the ashes in a fire?
Just making shit more mysterious than it really needs to be.

Blader5489 said:
How does Jacob's ashes being in a bag cause a physical replica of a kid from 2000 years ago to appear?

jeez, what a sentence :lol
Who the hell knows :lol But the correlation is kinda clear imo.

Catalix

Dead said:

Ghost Adult Jacob appeared in Lighthouse, well after we were introduced to creepy kid version.

Like, what's the point? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom