• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.17/18/18.5: "The End" (Everything Else Was Just Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10wi6hi.jpg

SEASON: 06
EPISODE: 17
TITLE: The End
AIRDATE: Sunday, May 23, 2010. 9:00 PM EST.

2cwqys2.jpg

To the hustlers, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
(Jesus walks with them)
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
(Jesus walks with them)
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cause we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features, But here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

ABC PRESENTS AN UNPRECEDENTED WEEKEND FILLED WITH PROGRAMMING
TO CELEBRATE THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SERIES FINALE OF "LOST"
Enhanced "Pilot, Parts 1 & 2," Airs Saturday, May 22 from 8:00-10:00 p.m., ET

"Lost" Series Finale Airs Sunday, May 23 from 9:00-11:30 p.m., ET

Retrospective Special, "Lost: The Final Journey," Precedes the Finale
from 7:00-9:00 p.m., ET - Fan Messages to Run During the Special

Jimmy Kimmel Bids the Show Farewell in
"Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" from 12:05-1:05 a.m., ET

The ABC "Lost" Series Finale event is set to kick off with the airing of "Pilot, Parts 1 & 2," an enhanced version of the two-hour pilot of the series that changed the way viewers watch television. The enhanced pilot will feature exclusive insight with the cast saying goodbye to the groundbreaking series and talking about what "Lost" has meant to them over the years. The enhanced pilot airs SATURDAY, MAY 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (Rebroadcast. OAD: 9/22&29/04).

ABC and Verizon recently announced a unique opportunity for fans to participate in and say goodbye to this critically acclaimed series. Fans were asked to watch yesterday's episode of "Lost" in order to get a special short code to text in their farewell messages. Only Verizon customers were eligible to submit, and all texts had to be received within 30 minutes after the special short code was aired on ABC. Selected messages will be used on-air on Sunday, May 23 during the retrospective special, "Lost: The Final Journey," from 7:00-9:00 p.m., ET.

Also, ABC aired the winning promo on-air during last night's episode of "Lost" from passionate fans who entered the Ultimate Fan Promo Contest online at ABC.com

The series finale will air SUNDAY, MAY 23 (9:00-11:30 p.m., ET).

Following the finale episode, Jimmy Kimmel will host a one-hour post-show discussion and celebration of the beloved series in "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost," SUNDAY, MAY 23 (12:05-1:05 a.m., ET). Kimmel will be joined in studio by Naveen Andrews, Nestor Carbonell, Alan Dale, Jeremy Davies, Emilie de Ravin, Michael Emerson, Matthew Fox, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O'Quinn and Harold Perrineau, with special appearances by Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly and an exclusive look at THREE ALTERNATIVE FINAL SCENES from the minds of executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jean Higgins, Elizabeth Sarnoff, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios.

After the episode is over, THAT'S IT, no more fucking spoilers ever, but UNTIL THEN we have a SEASON 6 MAJOR HUGE SPOILER THREAD!

gdt5016 said:
LOST SEASON 6 MAJOR SPOILER THREAD HERE http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387371 Now, NO SPOILERS in these threads anymore.

To reiterate, COME ON. WITH THE SPOILERS.

SENSIBLE SPOILER RULES:

TheGreatDave said:
People get themselves worked up over spoilers. Honestly, the rule should be:

Officially announced information, either through interviews, podcasts, or anything show-authorised: in the weekly thread

Shit leaked from casting calls/DarkUFO's bread and butter: spoiler thread.

There's a time and place for spoiler tagging in this thread, but only for the benefit of people who want to deny themselves publicly known information.

ALSO.

THERE IS NOW A MINOR SPOILER THREAD:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390123

Consider it the Taller Ghost Walt to the Christian Shepard that is the MAJOR SPOILER THREAD.

Previously On LOST Threads:
LOST 06.01/06.02: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These
LOST 06.03: "What Kate Does" (The Del Taco On La Cienega Edition)
Lost 06.04: "The Substitute" (dir. Cain; Belushi, Gossett Jr., Dawn Chong)
LOST 06.05: "Lighthouse" (Ben has been Claire'd for this week)
LOST 06.06: "Sundown" (58. Heidecker, 59. Sales, 60. Buttons, 61. Brule...)
LOST 06.07: "Dr. Linus" (108. Solo)
LOST 06.08: "Recon" ("Stop Sending Me Messages Over Live I Don't Have It" Edition)
LOST 06.09: "Ab Aeterno" (Translation: Perfect Abs Forever)
LOST 06.10: "The Package" (You Ever Notice The Arrow In The Fed Ex Logo? Edition)
LOST 06.11: "Happily Ever After" (Saying "Brotha" Gonna Work It Out Edition)
LOST 06.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo" (Because He's Like The Best Character On The Show)
LOST 06.13: "The Last Recruit" (Citizens On Patrol/[S. Guttenberg Joke] Edition)
LOST 06.14: "The Candidate" (Vote Silas Adams For Deadwood Police Chief Edition)
LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)
LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

!!!HOT NEW THREAD HEADERS BY BRANDONH83!!!

On a brief personal note, I'd like to thank everyone in LOSTGaf; the frightening die-hards, the loyal haters (some of whom are sadly no longer with us, but who live in the whispers that line the edges of these threads), and all the people who for six years have come together for 13-25 weeks a year to flip out or whine or pine about 44 to, shit, 110 minutes of totally rad television. It literally would not have been the same experience without you.

NOW, FOR THE LAST TIME EVER, LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

PS: IF YOU'RE A REAL LOST FAN, YOU'LL CHANGE YOUR AVATAR TO THIS:
2nqfdc2.jpg

ARE YOU?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ill start the discussion

What do you want the final image of the show to be?

For me, Jack sitting on the beach looking out at the sunset, Ghost Locke (Real dead john not MIB) sitting next to him, both smile, nothing more needs to be said :D

Season 5 should have been *entirely* about the flash sideways. No island shit until the last ~4 hours. It's not like anything actually happened on the island until this last episode. So many people are waiting on this finale to decide whether or not the season sucked because there isn't fuck all else other than this finale to the season.

Solo

Mr Cola said:

Montage using "Parting Words" with all the remaining survivors on the beach before they leave forever. Jack is the last one to get on the boat. He looks back, sees Ghost Locke standing on the beach, and they exchange knowing glances.

Costanza

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Season 5 should have been *entirely* about the flash sideways. No island shit until the last ~4 hours. It's not like anything actually happened on the island until this last episode. So many people are waiting on this finale to decide whether or not the season sucked because there isn't fuck all else other than this finale to the season.
Possibly the most idiotic post ever.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Solo said:
Montage using "Parting Words" with all the remaining survivors on the beach before they leave forever. Jack is the last one to get on the boat. He looks back, sees Ghost Locke, and they exchange knowing glances.
That could work too :D, i really really really really hope we see Locke in some form again on the Island, just to know he is at some sort of peace.

Son of Godzilla said:

I've seen posts that were wronger, but not many. You didn't even get the season right.

StuBurns

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Ill start the discussion

I think the end will be the same as the start of LA X. Smokey will destroy the island, Jack will restart the timeline from the seventies. So the final image will be Jack on the plane, cut out the window and see the foot.

Solo

Mr Cola said:
That could work too :D, i really really really really hope we see Locke in some form again on the Island, just to know he is at some sort of peace.

With MIB destroyed, and the Losties all leaving, the island finally belongs to Locke.

StuBurns said:
I think the end will be the same as the start of LA X. Smokey will destroy the island, Jack will restart the timeline from the seventies. So the final image will be Jack on the plane, cut out the window and see the foot.
Holy fuck. Lost ends tomorrow, guys!

Mr Cola

StuBurns said:
Its amazing to think they have had the end image in their minds since the very very early stages, almost eliminates alot of possibilities about what it could be, making this theory a more likely candidate.

Solo said:
Montage using "Parting Words" with all the remaining survivors on the beach before they leave forever. Jack is the last one to get on the boat. He looks back, sees Ghost Locke standing on the beach, and they exchange knowing glances.

Miles, getting called from the waiting room at LucasFilm, as Lucas' assistant Brandt walks him through the hallway, his finger lingers on a poster for The Empire Strikes Back. He looks at it and notices Luke and Darth Vaders heads are both of the same prominence, that there's a balance to the image he hadn't remembered. He looks down at the thin credits copy along the bottom. The camera dollys in... "SCREENPLAY BY HUGO REYES"

Miles smiles as tears begin to gather in his eyes. He looks into the camera as "Save Me" by Aimee Mann begins to play.

LOST.

Solo

BenjaminBirdie said:
Miles, getting called from the waiting room at LucasFilm, as Lucas' assistant Brandt walks him through the hallway, his finger lingers on a poster for The Empire Strikes Back. He looks at it and notices Luke and Darth Vaders heads are both of the same prominence, that there's a balance to the image he hadn't remembered. He looks down at the thin credits copy along the bottom. The camera dollys in... "SCREENPLAY BY HUGO REYES"

Miles smiles as tears begin to gather in his eyes. He looks into the camera as "Save Me" by Aimee Mann begins to play.

LOST.

Ok, I can dig THE END: MAGNOLIA EDITION too. Well done!

Mr Cola

Solo said:
With MIB destroyed, and the Losties all leaving, the island finally belongs to Locke.
Indeed, i cant be alone in feeling that there needs to be some closure about his story, i know he is a tragic character and i know thats a metaphor unto itself, but we have never seen that Locke again post death as we have with other characters and just the closure of knowing that even though he died he found some answer, or purpose or peace would be enough for me. IF they made that happen alone in the finale id be content.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Shit, it's hard to believe Lost is ending..what am I supposed to do instead of waiting for the next season? :(

Son of Godzilla said:

6MMd5.gif

adg1034

I remember powering through seasons 1-3 over winter break 2007. I'd seen and heard about bits and pieces of the show before that, but those two weeks... gobstoppingly fantastic. And now it's all coming to an end. The End. The End.

I haven't been posting as much in the Lost-GAF threads as I used to, but this show has been a huge part of my life for the last ~3 years. Dropping my jaw at the opening to season 2, thinking Charlie's reappearance in the opening to S4 was just about the coolest thing ever, and the ever-present musical genius of Michael Giacchino; I'm going to miss all of this.

Of course, I still haven't decided whether I'm going to watch it live or wait until I can get a high-def, commercial-free version to watch later, but I've still got time for that.

Anyway, it's been fun, folks. We're almost there.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Easy_D said:
Shit, it's hard to believe Lost is ending..what am I supposed to do instead of waiting for the next season? :(

Do a rewatch of season 1 next January. The year after season 2 and so on.

StuBurns

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Its amazing to think they have had the end image in their minds since the very very early stages, almost eliminates alot of possibilities about what it could be, making this theory a more likely candidate.
It's possible.

And to be clear, this would make the flashsideways the Lost epilogue.

adg1034 said:
I remember powering through seasons 1-3 over winter break 2007. I'd seen and heard about bits and pieces of the show before that, but those two weeks... gobstoppingly fantastic. And now it's all coming to an end. The End. The End.

I haven't been posting as much in the Lost-GAF threads as I used to, but this show has been a huge part of my life for the last ~3 years. Dropping my jaw at the opening to season 2, thinking Charlie's reappearance in the opening to S4 was just about the coolest thing ever, and the ever-present musical genius of Michael Giacchino; I'm going to miss all of this.

Of course, I still haven't decided whether I'm going to watch it live or wait until I can get a high-def, commercial-free version to watch later, but I've still got time for that.

Anyway, it's been fun, folks. We're almost there.
The spoilered is my predicament.

tabsina

I guess it is better late than never - first time I've posted in a LOST thread before the episode actually airs

Too bad I have to wait like 10hrs after it airs to actually watch it this week - damn you busy monday

Nameless

Anyone bothering to watch Pilot tonight? If it's "enhanced" I might tune in, if not it'll just be on in the background. We've all seen in a thousand times but it will be sorta cool to see it on ABC.

Aesius

Nameless said:
Anyone bothering to watch Pilot tonight? If it's "enhanced" I might tune in, if not it'll just be on in the background. We've all seen in a thousand times but it will be sorta cool to see it on ABC.

I'm pretty sure it is enhanced. I'll watch it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom