• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet 3 |OT| Yes the game exists and yes it’s coming out soon.

SkylineRKR

I beat Haze, constantly hoping it would somehow reach Timesplitters heights. But its just bad, very bad. But I honestly don't think Turning Point and Legendary are much better games than that. What I've seen of LP3 looks better than all of those.

Problem is, its done by the same people who brought us Legendary and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.

Keep your expectation real lowww.

Oh, of course. I'm definitely not expecting any too great, but perhaps now that Spark has been given a decent budget (at least compared to their previous work), this game could turn out decent. If it does I'll probably get it once it drops in price.

On another note, it's pretty odd that there are absolutely no impressions whatsoever. Did Capcom even send out review copies?

joe2187

Banned
What happens if this game turns out to be incredible? Like game of the generation material?

From what we have seen so far and what they've released (very little...no advertising at all whatsoever)

I highly doubt this is possible.

This game is being sent to die.

They tried that already, but Lost Planet 2 didn't sell.

Ray-Liotta-Laughing-In-Goodfellas-Gif.gif

ArjanN

What happens if this game turns out to be incredible? Like game of the generation material?

They tried that already, but Lost Planet 2 didn't sell.

Lost Planet 2 had way too many obvious flaws to be "game of the generation material".

I think the best you can hope for LP3 is for something along the lines of Spec Ops or Binary Domain where it turns out to be a surprisingly good B-tier game.

Even with the greatest word of mouth I don't see this being much of a financial success though.

Jobbs

Banned
The fact that it comes out tomorrow and no one has posted reviews doesn't bode well. That's pretty much their admission that it's trash, right?

I loved LP1.

Adam Blue

I played this at last year's Gamestop expo and enjoyed what they had. Doesn't play like LP (I love the series), but it plays like a competent 3rd person shooter and switching to the rig and using upgrades seemed to keep the gameplay fresh. I preordered.

patchday

I loved Lost planet 1. I remember that was one of my reasons to get an xbox 360. LP 2 I just simply rented and beaten it during coop with friends on 360. Now with LP 3 not sure what I will do. ;/

The look of those characters look totally different. Looks like a different studio or team

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Lost planet 1. I remember that was one of my reasons to get an xbox 360. LP 2 I just simply rented and beaten it during coop with friends on 360. Now with LP 3 not sure what I will do. ;/

The look of those characters look totally different. Looks like a different studio or team

Well that's because it is.

patchday

Ah, thanks. Yeah not sure if I dig the 'looks' from the pics in the OP of the characters. Seemed like the cool character designs from LP1 got set aside. Will do more homework on this.

Arklite

It's not like Lost Planet has ever been genre defining stuff, but this looks like such a shell of its former self. Lost Planet 2 was an insane co-op game, and it's followed by this husk.

If that happens, I would win the lottery tomorrow. Does stupid Capcom have a fucking embargo on reviews?

Going by how there still isn't any reviews out there, I'd assume it's the usual Day of Release 12 Noon EST embargo. That, or Capcom didn't even send out review copies, which is one hell of a red flag.

Karak

Going by how there still isn't any reviews out there, I'd assume it's the usual Day of Release 12 Noon EST embargo. That, or Capcom didn't even send out review copies, which is one hell of a red flag.

Their press contacts never even contacted us back. After a couple tries we just gave up and went searching for it ourselves.

kuYuri

This game isn't even in the top 100 best sellers on Steam and only ever reached the tier one preorder rewards. >.>

BOMBA.

If this game actually carried on and improved the mechanics from the previous games I would be interested.

But what they did was completely gut it and replace it with general shooter mechanics.

No VS's(the rig is not a VS). No grappling hook(that thing in multi is not a LP grappling hook). I'ts more or less a completely different game with a Lost Planet skin.

FUME5

Youtube is in read only mode. When that turns off we will upload ours I believe.

I'm on tenterhooks here. Big fan of the first two (after switching to control scheme D of course) so even though this is a prequel, from a new studio etc...for some reason I'm holding out hope that this will turn out suprisingly good.

The look on your avatars face suggests that hope will be swiftly crushed.

Moral of the story: If you like Lost Planet, pick up Lost Planet 2. Its surprisingly good, and clever, and varied, and fun.

It is all of those things!

If you bemoan the homogenisation of shooters this generation, Lost Planet 2 will provide a fresh experience. There's nothing else like it out there. Be sure to play in co-op though.

Byshop

I liked one, in spite of all of the negative press it got over being a dissapointing flagship nextgen title. Two, while a neat co-op game, was dissapointing overall as it had little to do with its predecessor. This one -looks- much better than two (stronger narrative, play that hopefully isn't divided into little chunks to accomodate co-op, etc) but I'll hold off for the reviews.

Karak

Review(redband with a couple cuss words:)

Spoilered just because, no plot points are given away.
Long and short of it.

Pros
Way more enjoyable than I thought.
Departure from games 1 and 2 in some of the gameplay choices
Music is amazing
Overall gameplay is good
Voice acting and animation is spot on. Love the main actor and his type of character.

Cons
FPS during some cut-scenes and heavy particle effects
Hook doesn't work everywhere but that makes it a bit less chaotic(which is ok with me)
Too many loading screens in the main location
Slower pace and side quests may frustrate those looking for constant action.

Verdict:
I suggest people buy it on sale. Its not bad, in fact its surprisingly robust but its a departure from the first 2 which means its up in the air if people will enjoy it.
I felt that the slower pace, side quests, atmosphere, and overall tone was very interesting.
I do not feel my money was poorly spent, not at all, but i know expectations are mixed on this one and I think reactions will be as well.

Top Bottom