• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet Collectors Edition

GhaleonEB

svenuce said:
From EB:

Single map (not three) + art book + steel case.
Sold, though the art book is a bit thin. Also, the token may be because the actual maps are not done, so it just gives you a free map WHEN they go live on XBLM - which is entirely different from including them on the disc when the others get shafted. I'm okay with this

Goreomedy said:
A token card to download a new map? Doesn't that suggest the map won't be available upon game's release? It's just a free download for when new content is available?

I'm getting thread whiplash.
that's exactly what I thought.

Chris_C

Scoot said:
How Horse Armor Killed Video Games

Bethesda has since let it be known they were simply probing the gaming populace in that instance, who on their part replied "go slowly".

GhaleonEB

Chris_C said:
Bethesda has since let it be known they were simply probing the gaming populace in that instance, who on their part replied "go slowly".
eh? Bethesda said the horse armor sales exceeded their expectations a few weeks after it came out. they took that to mean "faster, harder". to Bethesda's credit the rest of the DLC was better, though.

sillymonkey321 said:
And all that fun stuff that Japan gets is what i'd be interested in, not a second disc with trailers and 3 minute interviews on how they managed to get an extra $10 from people.

Japanese LE's are typically $100+, though.

While I was in Akihabara this past July, I picked up the Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles LE box for $20. Come to find out, it had an MSRP of about $110 for the game, t-shirt, and artbook.

Chris_C

GhaleonEB said:
eh? Bethesda said the horse armor sales exceeded their expectations a few weeks after it came out. they took that to mean "faster, harder". to Bethesda's credit the rest of the DLC was better, though.

True, I guess it was the journalists who said "go slowly".

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dahbomb said:
This has to be one of the worst investment of your $10 EVER!

$10 for 2 extra maps? LOL they will probably be cheaper as a Microtransaction...

This game is going to own, and apparently Capcom realizes this.

This is going to be the new begining of microtransactions.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Unlike Bungie who was keen on keeping the multiplayer community unified with the add-on maps for Halo 2, publishers just don't give a shit.

It really makes me wonder what kind of bullshit MS has in store for Halo 3. Will Bungie keep MS at bay? I kind of doubt it for some reason.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
* Token Card to download a new Multiplayer Map on Xbox Live Marketplace

So it's most likely not an exclusive map to CE. Capcom is basically just copying what EA did with LOTR, sorta.

Still pretty lame that they're having downloadable shit so early (assuming it's not free)

Dahbomb

Wario64 said:

So it's most likely not an exclusive map to CE. Capcom is basically just copying what EA did with LOTR, sorta.

Still pretty lame that they're having downloadable shit so early (assuming it's not free)
Well OBVIOUSLY it will not be free since then there will be NO POINT to buying the CE. :lol

svenuce

Unlike Bungie who was keen on keeping the multiplayer community unified with the add-on maps for Halo 2

Say again? There were downloadable maps for cash and there was a retail SKU for a map pack.

Eventually they were released for free, but they weren't initially if I recall.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Dahbomb said:
Well OBVIOUSLY it will not be free since then there will be NO POINT to buying the CE. :lol

It could be a free timed exclusive map for CE owners...you never know :p

Wishful thinking, anyway..hah. Extra content will never be free

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
svenuce said:
Say again? There were downloadable maps for cash and there was a retail SKU for a map pack.

Eventually they were released for free, but they weren't initially if I recall.

The point is that they were released for free once they were put into the matchmaking playlists.

Dahbomb

Wario64 said:
It could be a free timed exclusive map for CE owners...you never know :p

Wishful thinking, anyway..hah. Extra content will never be free
Maybe Capcom will be nice enough to offer free weapons/upgrades downloads periodically and give out expansions to the game FREE OF CHARGE! Hell they might throw in a patch later on that allows the game to run natively at 1080P with 120FPS and 4D graphix FOR FREE!

Parrallel Universe FTW!

icecream

Public Health Threat
I like the idea of a CE, as for microtransactions... most of us are going to bend over anyways, no matter how much we whine about it here.

Dahbomb

icecream said:
I like the idea of a CE, as for microtransactions... most of us are going to bend over anyways, no matter how much we whine about it here.
I will always keep my macrotransaction virginity THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

Wario64 said:

Basically holding back finished content from the final package for us to pay for extra download.

Wee!

Thanks next gen!!

Victrix

*beard*
SumGamer said:
Why should there be exclusive multiplayer map? How am I gonna play that map with some other non-premium gamers?

Why would you want to play it with anyone but other premium gamers? Poor people don't belong to next-gen, and they're worse gamers anyway

The Faceless Master said:
well, it looks like i'll be renting one of the most awesome games this gen.

**** you capcom, now you get $0 from me

So if they'd just left the maps as DLC only rather than also offering a retail version that had them you would have still bought it?

That's really smrt.

LiveFromKyoto said:
So if they'd just left the maps as DLC only rather than also offering a retail version that had them you would have still bought it?

That's really smrt.
what part of my post made you think i would buy it if they had day 1 DLC???

GhaleonEB

CrapSandwich said:
Unlike Bungie who was keen on keeping the multiplayer community unified with the add-on maps for Halo 2, publishers just don't give a shit.

It really makes me wonder what kind of bullshit MS has in store for Halo 3. Will Bungie keep MS at bay? I kind of doubt it for some reason.
I think Bungie will do just fine. Bungie did DLC "their way" and Halo 2 did just fine, and the content sold very, very well by all accounts. (The retail map pack alone did well over 400k units). I think Bungie will take care of their community, I don't see MS ****ing that up.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Hmm, collector's edition for this too. A lot of game have collector's editions nowadays

Fady K

Man...70 dollars is just pushing it. Limited Edition, Collectors Edition, whatever, they should freakin charge an extra 5 bucks at the most, and when the game is already $60, why not just make the NON-limited edition 50?

duckroll said:
Hey what about those of us not in the US?

U in Japan?

GhaleonEB

How it is going to work:

On November 23rd, a multiplayer Lost Planet demo will hit the marketplace.

This download will include one exclusive multiplayer map that will integrate with the retail release of the game.

If you preorder either version of the game, you will receive a scratch ticket and if you enter this into the marketplace, you will receive another multiplayer map bonus download.

If you preorder the collectors edition, you will receive another exclusive multiplayer map to use in the game.

nice to have a demo date

and I guess they really don't care about fragmenting their online base

****ing idiots

snatches

GhaleonEB said:
nice to have a demo date

and I guess they really don't care about fragmenting their online base

****ing idiots

I think we should wait for confirmation from Capcom on how matchmaking will work for those that do/don't have the exclusive map(s). It could just mean you will be prevented from playing those specific maps, not excluded completely from playing with friends that have the bonus. This is how GRAW should have worked all along.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
November 23rd for Multiplayer demo, great news.

But now they've pretty much fractured the multiplayer base into four groups.

One group that will only buy the game at retail.
One group that will download the Multiplayer Demo, and buy the game at retail.
One group that will unlock the other Multiplayer Map with their preorder ticket.
One group that will unlock the final map with their CE ticket.

So basically, you'll have to survey everyone in the lobby about their God damn buying habits before you launch the ****ing match?

icecream

Public Health Threat
So there's no way to pick up the last map unless you go to EB/Gamestop?

And why is everyone wondering about the extra maps? The game will probably ship with a good amount of maps, and in the lobby if you have the map, then you'll join the game, if you don't... you can join a different game!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Awesome demo news, and the map for THAT isn't too bad.

The rest is pretty lame, though. I never got exclusive maps as an incentive. It just ****s shit up and pisses people off. And this is coming from a guy who will, 99% likely, get the CE. It just doesn't make sense.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
icecream said:
So there's no way to pick up the last map unless you go to EB/Gamestop?

And why is everyone wondering about the extra maps? The game will probably ship with a good amount of maps, and in the lobby if you have the map, then you'll join the game, if you don't... you can join a different game!

Okay, you're the first person I'm going to kill in MP.

duckroll

How hard is it to just put everything belongs in a game...... in a game? :p

I have nothing against additional downloads that are actually being worked on after a game's released and then offered as additional content, but this is just lame as ****.

Top Bottom