• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet Collectors Edition

GhaleonEB

Mirimar said:
Updates for those that do not follow the Capcom forums: There is a plastic overlay on the CE that can be removed. After removing it, it looks like this. Looks pretty sweet to me, especially the art inside.

lostplanetcollectorsed.jpg
I missed this, but that is indeed one sexy case. Mmmmm. :)

Mirimar

Y2Kevbug11 said:
It gets you ready for the in-game text.

=( They've already confirmed to fix that...at least for the MP. No idea abt single player, so you can still bitch about that if you'd like.

holy shit!

I just might have to preorder :D

....then again, if its anything like other collector's editions...it will be on sale for LESS than the regular sku after a couple a months

....Like I just recently picked up Double Agent:Collector's Edition for $43 through amazon 3rd party vendor

Still looks mighty tempting though :)

RumFore

Banned
Damn thats a nice case. Wish more of these CE games would come in a case like Halo 2 CE. Kind of a chore to open tin can then take the game out of a flimsy card board case as you have to with GoW.

Lost Planet > Gears of War Collector Case

Danm I might have to buy that sexy beast. Oh and **** the haters (luke), I've played the single player demo and I really enjoyed it. Mark on 1up Yours said if you liked the demo, then you will love the game.

I do have a question for Luke though. What made him change his mind on the game? I remember back at E3 2006 he loved it, but now he's complaining about shooting the glowing orbs on the monsters, even though you had to do that in the demo he played 6 months ago.

Blashpemy!

MegaTen

Banned
Luke sees how much the game has improved in recent months, so he's scared that he might end up liking it more than Halo. :lol

IMO, that is worth $10 bucks more and that's $10 bucks more I'm willing to pay. however.... not for your games EA.... not for your games.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Gears, Viva Pinata, Chrome Hounds, Geometry Wars, Oblivion...what the hell are you doing with it?

i do not like none of those games whatsoever. i am currently playing my favorite ps2 games on my ps3. :D My xbox 360 just sits there, thats all, maybe i go online to download some demos but that is about it for now.

eXistor said:
The collector's edition is coming out in Europe too, so no worries (same date too)

(hoi trouwens;))
Nice, I'll be sure to put this on my to-buy-list. The CE in Europe is exactly the same as the US one?

(Hey man, goed je hier te zien. De stagnatie van GNL heeft je ook hierheen gedreven? :))

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The collector's box looks soo clean and prefect. And to think this also comes with an action figure. awesome.

svenuce

The CE is 2 discs (one game disc, one disc for additional materials). And definitely screw the haters. The multiplayer demo by itself is one of the best games released this year already. They just need to fix the lobbies and stuff.

GhaleonEB

It actually reminds me a great deal of the Halo 2 LE packaging. This is a good thing, because that's still my favoirite LE box.

halo2lce.jpg

GhaleonEB

raYne said:
As much as I love my H2 LE. I gotta say, the LP one kills it.
Bear in mind I'm talking about the case design. the other LE's I've gotten recently are the Oblivion (cardboard box FTL) and Gears of War (cumbersome tin, disorganized innards, cardboard jacket for the discs). The Halo 2 case was nice and compact, and the metal finish is perfect. The Lost Planet design is very similar.

That said, the actual artwork on the LP is better - without having it in my hands yet it's hard to judge. But I just like that LP is similar enough to a case i think rocks.

raYne

Yeah, I see what you mean. Both Doom 3 and PDZ's are the same. I have them right in front of me as a matter a fact.

The disk holder in Gears' tin is pretty crappy though. I resolved that by trimming some of the edge from the rear section. Now I can take it in and out of the tin without any trouble.

As a preference, I'd definitely take the usual sized metallic casing rather than the cardboard kind (Oblivion). For obvious reasons, including metal > cardboard.

Mirimar

neojubei said:
The collector's box looks soo clean and prefect. And to think this also comes with an action figure. awesome.

314446083_ca37704cdd_o.jpg

Sorry...this isn't what comes with it =P Production model for 3D rendering

Bumping this thread. I just wanted to mention a couple of things. As many of you know if you reserve Lost Planet you get a card with a code for the "special" online demo, which features an extra level. This is great IMHO, because I can finally play with people that are serious about the game and not be thrown into a room with a bunch of whiny potty mouthed racists and actually enjoy the experience. While the multiplayer is nothing ground breaking or innovative, it is extremely fun and satisfying. Defiantely worth checking out. If any of you have the special demo, hit me up and let's get a game sometime, my pals and I are lving the hell out of Lost Planet multiplayer. In the futre, Capcom should release mp games with the ability to have private games, or at least invite friends. Popular games on XBL attract idiots like moths to a flame...but I digress....

Also, if you subscribe to OXM, check out the Lost PLanet single player demo on the the latest issue. At first it may SEEM like the demo released at E3, but you'll notice that this demo is from a later build of the game (i.e. enhanced graphics, more agressive enemy A.I., addition of new weapons, voice overs etc.). It's almost like a new version of the demo. So if you get a chance check it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to see this game released.

Apharmd Battler said:
Bumping this thread. I just wanted to mention a couple of things. As many of you know if you reserve Lost Planet you get a card with a code for the "special" online demo, which features an extra level. This is great IMHO, because I can finally play with people that are serious about the game and not be thrown into a room with a bunch of whiny potty mouthed racists and actually enjoy the experience. While the multiplayer is nothing ground breaking or innovative, it is extremely fun and satisfying. Defiantely worth checking out. If any of you have the special demo, hit me up and let's get a game sometime, my pals and I are lving the hell out of Lost Planet multiplayer. In the futre, Capcom should release mp games with the ability to have private games, or at least invite friends. Popular games on XBL attract idiots like moths to a flame...but I digress....

Also, if you subscribe to OXM, check out the Lost PLanet single player demo on the the latest issue. At first it may SEEM like the demo released at E3, but you'll notice that this demo is from a later build of the game (i.e. enhanced graphics, more agressive enemy A.I., addition of new weapons, voice overs etc.). It's almost like a new version of the demo. So if you get a chance check it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to see this game released.

HOLY SHIT I can finally play the second map. Next time I see you, we're playing.

Apharmd Battler said:

awsome!

post this in the official thread btw :)

AgentOtaku said:
awsome!

post this in the official thread btw :)

I couldn't find the offical thread. I'm at work and my co-workers keep sneaking up on me. I hate the end of the year, too many people are just ghost walking and not focusing on finishing up their projects. **** OFF and get out of my cubible!! I'm tyring to post important info on a gaming message board! :lol

EDIT: Keep in mind I got the code card for the "special" demo from my local EB by putting $5 down on the game. There was a mix up about this issue a few weeks ago and Capcom had to clue them in on the promotion.

All Lost Planet fanatics should check out this blog site, lots of good info and interviews here:

http://blog.lostplanetcommunity.com/blogs/

also if you haven't downloaded this already you REALLY need to check out this "actions" video which Blim Blim posted a while back. I think it's in the official thread but here's the link. This will truly assist you in enjoying the game:

http://xboxyde.com/news_3851_en.html

Top Bottom