• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

What do Ouro and you have to do with each other?

Ouro is dodgy and defensive and stirring the pot while he blames inactives.

Basically the 3+ page crap festival has been because Ouro has not been very transparent and blaming inactives for it.

The defensiveness doesn't quite help

I have a problem with you skating by on shit posts when I'd welcome your actual thoughts. Seriously, you're obviously here and I'm not going to conflate your opinion with Natiko's.

Ouro made a mistake when he made that side eye post that obliviously made everyone suspect him and that made everyone else give him the side eye. Me and Natiko are a couple btw

kingkitty

hey everyone I'm home and got me some CookOut burgers. Ouro take a seat I brought you an oreo mint milkshake. Ty4on I have a bag of old chips for you.

will collect my thoughts and post various words throughout the night. at the moment as I brush my cat I still prefer we throw Trigy4on off the boat.

Ourobolus

Banned
hey everyone I'm home and got me some CookOut burgers. Ouro take a seat I brought you an oreo mint milkshake. Ty4on I have a bag of old chips for you.

will collect my thoughts and post various words throughout the night. at the moment as I brush my cat I still prefer we throw Trigy4on off the boat.
Milkshake!

*slurps*

As in: "Explain this line of thought, Ouro, and I may vote for someone else"

They're asking Ouro to explain their line of thought

Do you think I'm wrong here?

Because all the initial confusion about Ouro still remains in me because I can't get a good read anyways because I'm still new to Mafia and I'm not real good at this.

His use of "manufactured" and subsequent explanation don't really jive for me unless I'm wrong, in which there's absolutely good chance I may be wrong

Do you think I'm wrong here?

Because all the initial confusion about Ouro still remains in me because I can't get a good read anyways because I'm still new to Mafia and I'm not real good at this.

His use of "manufactured" and subsequent explanation don't really jive for me unless I'm wrong, in which there's absolutely good chance I may be wrong

No, no, I think you're quite right. Just was trying to explain Sorian what you meant.

Just to be sure, what are you saying.

Prior to your entrance,

Ouro made a post about side eyeing people who tried to connect him to fireblend. there was a lot confusion about what he meant. What didn't help was the subsequent dodginess of his posts and a lot of speculation of him being scum by a lot people. There may have been votes

Okay, let's play another round of "let's weed out the coasters" with your favorite host, Royal_Flush.

I will leave any joke- or shitposts for the following post lists. Most of the time also content light one-liners.

First of, the obvious "There is fuck all because there are no posts":
SexyFish: One post
Nin1000: Away
TsuXna: Completely MIA

I will ignore them from now. Thanks to the minimum posting requirement they will get replaced if they don't show up.

The "A few posts; let's see if there actually is anything":
TheExodu5: Excuses+light shade to Crimson and Nothing. Way to go, buddy.

Darryl: Decent post, later elaboration, "interesting" view on Sorian, later elaboration. Not as much as I hoped for, but new ideas. Gets a pass for now.

StarSketch: Nothing, Nothing, light defense of Ouro. Everyone else would be hardcore coasting, but StarSketch is just being StarSketch, I guess. Null.

Trigger: Decent reads list (Not even the easiest subjects), asking questions when criticized, and the rest of the posts also are poking questions. Easy pass.

XBro: The good old "Let's retell the last couple of pages and throw some easy opinion in", General post, neutral explanation. Step up your game. I need hard opinions on people from you.

Karkador: Valid question concerning his partner, easy read on WAMD/kits, slight shade on kits(?) and later denying it. If it wasn't supposed to be shade the posts are nothing. Not good enough.

The "more posts than absolutely necessary, but they are mostly nothing":
TheWorthyEdge: Easy comment, shade at Dragonz, backpedaling, 50/50 post (the parts not about kits/dragonz actually are worthwile), nothing, easy. Pretty thin.

kingkitty: Defense against weird accusation, good post, follow-up, I have no clue what this even means. not the best good post / nothing rating...

Orb: dragonz is town with 4 follow-up posts, suspicious of panda with several reaffirming posts after. Looks a bit like coasting but you are new, I have the impression you're trying. Pass for now.

Samuraischnecke: I was expecting a big empty hole here, but this post is actually really good. Unfortunately basically everything else is nothing. idk...

Fat4All: easy, obvious, philosophy classes with nin, responding to kark's shade on kits, Town reads samuraischnecke/muffin, asking easy questions about WAMD/kits, shade at WAMD, kind of backpedaling. Summary: Surely picks the easy fights.

Solid (or at least okayish) contributions:
FEP (feels good)
Verelios (but I still feel a bit strange about his posts; something just keeps triggering my alarm bell)
Fireblend

The weird ones:
kitsunelaine: Other than the argument with WAMD and dealing with the aftermath there really is next to nothing. The thing is: I kind of feel like that's okay at the moment because that's just where all the focus was naturally. Please spread out a biz in the future, thanks.

Everybody I didn't write down:
I always underestimate how long these bloody things take to make. I'm also afraid this post didn't bring as much new insights as I hoped; most of the players I found already are on several radars except maybe Fat4All. I went the post count list upwards and didn't even make it to the really interesting players before 1am... Well, I guess I have to continue Saturday. Good night.

Also, small sidenote: Is this a GAFia first? Sorian and Sophia both not in the top 3 posters?
User Name Posts
Ty4on 98
Ourobolus 72
WhereAreMahDragonz 61
Sorian 53
Sophia 53

Sophia

Yeah, my partner was on Fat4all, so naturally I had to look at him. And as me and Royal noted, there's a whole lot of crap there.

franconp

I finally caught up. Why all of you keep posting when I'm busy?

Regarding Ouro I'm actually leaning scum. I have played with scum Ouro a long time ago and he had trouble under pressure. Here he is trying really hard to avoid the pressure with post without content. That's what I expect scum Ouro to do if he is suspected D1. KK posting almost nothing of content doesn't help to easy the doubts. Also their vote is weird. Ouro said that it was a poke but, Why do you need to make 2 votes to poke another player? Ouro's vote should be enought.

Hey, my vote out of the blue has some justification :mad:

It was a continuation of the Ouro thing answering Crimson. In my scum play I try to play against being over explaining and force out some impulsive posts.

I didn't like this post. Well, I usually don't like the posts that go "I usually play scum like this so I can't be scum". It just make me think that you are worrying to much about your usual gamestyle. Also if you know your usual ways you can easily avoid them. But I may be overthinking this.

I find Natiko over aggressive. He is usually more cool headed. I don't think he was ever scum so maybe he has trouble under pressure. I already feel not good about Nomad. Beside that I liked post 785 as it was the same thing I was thinking reading the thread. But it's not enought to easy me.

I haven't played against scum Sorian before but he's less interested in the game as his usual townie play. Maybe it's because there are several good players here who can keep conversation going or because he is busy. Don't know yet. Fat is playing really low key and that's strange for him.

What also worried me was StarSketch post 852. The math doesn't make sense and the explanation is even worse. Didn't posted much else and talking about possible game mechanics it's scum favourite way to look cooperative. Also I have nothing on both of the pair as SexyFish is MIA.

Natiko

Banned
I've been scum before fran. It was DR3 and I actually survived to the end and won. I have been aggressive in games before as well.

Sorian

Banned
I finally caught up. Why all of you keep posting when I'm busy?

Regarding Ouro I'm actually leaning scum. I have played with scum Ouro a long time ago and he had trouble under pressure. Here he is trying really hard to avoid the pressure with post without content. That's what I expect scum Ouro to do if he is suspected D1. KK posting almost nothing of content doesn't help to easy the doubts. Also their vote is weird. Ouro said that it was a poke but, Why do you need to make 2 votes to poke another player? Ouro's vote should be enought.

I didn't like this post. Well, I usually don't like the posts that go "I usually play scum like this so I can't be scum". It just make me think that you are worrying to much about your usual gamestyle. Also if you know your usual ways you can easily avoid them. But I may be overthinking this.

I find Natiko over aggressive. He is usually more cool headed. I don't think he was ever scum so maybe he has trouble under pressure. I already feel not good about Nomad. Beside that I liked post 785 as it was the same thing I was thinking reading the thread. But it's not enought to easy me.

I haven't played against scum Sorian before but he's less interested in the game as his usual townie play. Maybe it's because there are several good players here who can keep conversation going or because he is busy. Don't know yet. Fat is playing really low key and that's strange for him.

What also worried me was StarSketch post 852. The math doesn't make sense and the explanation is even worse. Didn't posted much else and talking about possible game mechanics it's scum favourite way to look cooperative. Also I have nothing on both of the pair as SexyFish is MIA.

Nope, it's still because Monday-Wednesday are my busiest days of the week. I've been here all day since I've woken up.

In regards to Natiko, going to have to disagree, level of aggression seems the exact same to me. Beaten the Ouro point like a dead horse and I already don't bother with Star this early so those are all well and good.

I never really followed up after throwing that shade at Ty4on because there's not really much to say back to "I didn't mean me, I meant him" even if the timing was too perfect for that to be the case but I'm having my usual annoying time of trying to read Ty4on and have him slight scum.

Fat4all

Banned
Sorry if I've been not so active, I've been super busy at work and when I get home I usually crash. I'll make an effort to be more active in conversations and the like in the last 24 hours of the day, though, but right now I got car ads out the wazoo.

I already went over that, but okay. As I said, I wasn't content with Ouros answers not because it looked like a sure scum play, too obvious for that, but because of the way he seemed to evade actually explaining himself very well and the way Fireblend posted right afterwards.

Which made me vote, which in turn made Fireblend share his thoughts in a way that gave me positive reads from him, as well as Ouro maintaining his dodgy playing behaviour.

There's...something off about this.

Ty4on

I was clarifying that I wasn't talking about my own vote. I know it looks like that from timing, but my mind wonders so much I didn't see the connection before Sorian brought it up.
I was using myself as an example because I would play like that as scum and therefore don't read it as townie, especially not from an experienced player.

Ty4on

I never really followed up after throwing that shade at Ty4on because there's not really much to say back to "I didn't mean me, I meant him" even if the timing was too perfect for that to be the case but I'm having my usual annoying time of trying to read Ty4on and have him slight scum.

Why would I talk about myself and lie about it?

Maybe too meta, but my scum play is super self conscious so I don't see myself lying there in any case. I try to avoid lying because I'm bad at it.

franconp

for emphasis

So?

I also player in a game in which you where town not so far ago and you actually where more interested to defend yourself instead of just don't pay attention to them. And in that game you also tried a bit of scum hunt which you haven't done at all now.

kingkitty

I'm still furiously brushing my cat and lazily creating a post for Nomadic but what is this
Also their vote is weird. Ouro said that it was a poke but, Why do you need to make 2 votes to poke another player? Ouro's vote should be enought.
Just so we're clear, what do you mean when you say 'poke another player'? Does that imply my vote had no serious intent? If so, my vote wasn't some simple poke, it was me giving reasoning that felt suitable enough for a vote at that time. It was a serious enough vote that if the game had somehow ended right then and there, it'd be my final vote and I'd be fine with it. If Ouro said in this thread my vote was just meant to be a "poke" without serious intent, then Ouro can drink expired milkshakes.

From where I stand, (unless this gets a bit more cleared up), it seems like you and your partner Worm may have both misunderstood (in different ways) what my vote against Crimsophia was about.

Ourobolus

Banned
So?

I also player in a game in which you where town not so far ago and you actually where more interested to defend yourself instead of just don't pay attention to them. And in that game you also tried a bit of scum hunt which you haven't done at all now.

I don't have a read on someone like I did Verelios in that game. Just cause I haven't doesn't mean I won't. And I gave some names and right now it's gut because you don't have a whole lot to go off of in D1.

I like muffin's activity today. For my part, while ouro has basically tuned me won't the whole game, including his stupid "reads", which sparked a vote, him liking Fire still doesn't really raise my eyebrows. Maybe because I was also liking Fire at the time—surely more than I enjoyed the benefits of lovers chat queries—but also because Ouro has had almost no substance the whole game. Apart from his two learning town picks, his "read list" was literally a list of people he didn't have reads on.

It seems a bit early in the game for scum ouro to acknowledge that his scum play can be used to implicate a town fire and there's no reason at that point for fire to be a logical target for such a play anyway. Then I don't think such a nothing read could be used to paint anyone as town, even coming from someone who contributes better than ouro. So i don't see this post as really propping up or pulling down fire. And even if fire had popped into scum chat to announce that he was going to start contributing, it would be very strange for ouro to even accidentally acknowledge that in this manner. That would mean he has an implicit trust in the things fire had not yet even posted and pretyped validation for it. Seems unlikely.

Still not liking ouro but really not seeing this conspiracy. Seems like an arbitrary pick in a pretty throwaway post among throwaway posts.

I dunno if kitsunelaine is scum or not, but kitsunelaine definitely has no chill.

I'm a bit of an aggressive player, at least when I see things that don't really make a lot of sense or stand out to me in weird ways. Plus, I just woke up and read the entire thread like right now, so my brain isn't working properly yet.

Top Bottom