• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Burbeting

Banned
Muffin1611, CzarTim and samuraischnecke have dropped from the game. Replacements are being sought. Please try to refrain from unnecessary speculation over their dropping.

Any direct questions can be sent with a PM for me.

Darryl

Banned
The roleblocker is most likely scum so either Ouro is scum lying about the role or the silencer has to be either neutral or town as it makes no sense to scum to double down on a target.

If there happens to be two scum teams left (this is just an assumption because of balance purposes, we could have more), one of them probably had to halt using a PR to night lynch.

That assumes things are balanced in a particular way. The most logical way, tho. If we assume that, I kinda doubt the chat silencing one would have been used over a role block (assuming they had to pick a PR to use, chat silencing is really iffy).

I can see scum either refusing to use the chat silencing while Ouro pretended to have it gotten used on himself for authentication or it really is a town PR. I kinda think it's a funny town PR.

Ourobolus

Banned
How did scum knew that you have a role and that it would inform your targets of your action?

That doesn't make sense.
They don't. But there was open speculation on D1 (which I've pointed out a couple times) that I had a PR -or- was scum. Scum knows I'm not scum so they would think I had a PR. Since the speculation included thinking I was scum, it makes sense for them to roleblock me and wait for a lynch rather than NKing me outright.

Unless they have an investigative role they wouldn't know the details of my PR though, but that's irrelevant. Even if my role didn't notify the target, if, say I said that I targeted CzarSketch N1 and a Tracker or something says I didn't move, that would be something against my claim.

Sorian

Banned
Can a hooker be town when we have town virgins? It's an honest question because I have never played with either of the roles.

Hooker is usually scum but roleblockers can be either alignment and the difference between a hooker and regular roleblocker is so subtle that you could add negative utility to a town roleblocker by just adding a virgin to them game and changing the roleblocker to a hooker.

Remember, we've seen scum loved already and that's a role that is usually town.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hooker is usually scum but roleblockers can be either alignment and the difference between a hooker and regular roleblocker is so subtle that you could add negative utility to a town roleblocker by just adding a virgin to them game and changing the roleblocker to a hooker.

Remember, we've seen scum loved already and that's a role that is usually town.
This is dumb and you should know better than to even bring up this scenario

Ourobolus

Banned
To clarify, a Town roleblocker ALREADY can have negative utility since they don't know who scum is. They could very well be blocking a doctor for all they know.

Ourobolus

Banned
I will say Sorian trying to come up with ridiculous explanations isn't helping his stance in my mind here. There's absolutely zero reason to assume the hooker is town

Darryl

Banned
They don't. But there was open speculation on D1 (which I've pointed out a couple times) that I had a PR -or- was scum. Scum knows I'm not scum so they would think I had a PR. Since the speculation included thinking I was scum, it makes sense for them to roleblock me and wait for a lynch rather than NKing me outright.

Unless they have an investigative role they wouldn't know the details of my PR though, but that's irrelevant. Even if my role didn't notify the target, if, say I said that I targeted CzarSketch N1 and a Tracker or something says I didn't move, that would be something against my claim.

I think they'd do the same thing they did with their lynch - use it on someone who never saw it coming so they keep plausible deniability at all time. They just lost someone, not really the time to try perfect annihilation

Ourobolus

Banned
I think they'd do the same thing they did with their lynch - use it on someone who never saw it coming so they keep plausible deniability at all time. They just lost someone, not really the time to try perfect annihilation
I mean, again, for two nights straight no one seems to have been notified by our action. So either the targets are lying or we weren't able to do anything. Even if I've been a lynch target that has survived twice now, a mislynch is a mislynch, and they'll take that.

I will preface this by saying I would otherwise vote Ouro today but since there's no NK we could vote Schmuffin and save a whole replacement team coming in. I also want to say that I'm only iffy about scum Schmuffin so am fully aware it may not be the best play but what the hell, will float it anyway.

Darryl

Banned
I will say Sorian trying to come up with ridiculous explanations isn't helping his stance in my mind here. There's absolutely zero reason to assume the hooker is town

Don't worry if you flip town i'm gonna go right back at him, but I gotta see your flip first

Not a fan of #2787 and the claim that their intention was to force the two of them into competing wagons. It could be narration to justify past behavior. It just seems like it is awful much. Like, persuading for one lynch you like isn't just enough but you're going to play for two of them simultaneously. If we catch you, and you're scum, then it would be worth it. If not and you're town, it is going to look like a player who both wanted their cake (to save a scum teammate, FEPkit) and to eat it (staunchly advocate for the record that they want them gone).

And it's real iffy because if Schmuffin was town another set of townies who are actively scum hunting is a boon for town. But I'm throwing it out all the same.

franconp

I will preface this by saying I would otherwise vote Ouro today but since there's no NK we could vote Schmuffin and save a whole replacement team coming in. I also want to say that I'm only iffy about scum Schmuffin so am fully aware it may not be the best play but what the hell, will float it anyway.

Why would we lynch that spot instead of trying to catch scum? Even if there is no NK tonight a mislynch is still a mislynch.

I will keep my vote on who I think it's scum.

Why would we lynch that spot instead of trying to catch scum? Even if there is no NK tonight a mislynch is still a mislynch.

I will keep my vote on who I think it's scum.

Well, I also think there's high chance they could be scum, with the weird behavior today and defending Ouro, but I think the chances are higher with Ouro, yes. But it's in the area of scumhunting for me, at least, or I wouldn't have suggested it at all.

Natiko

Banned
And it's real iffy because if Schmuffin was town another set of townies who are actively scum hunting is a boon for town. But I'm throwing it out all the same.
I'd sooner go for Star since she's a non-entity and isn't going anywhere while her partner is a revolving door. Letting her reach mylo/lylo would be a dicey proposition given how little she will have done by then. Regardless I think the Ouro lynch will give us the best foot forward and in my opinion is the most likely to flip scum.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Ouro, why do you think you were roleblocked N1

Star hasn't checked in yet today, and she wouldn't have necessarily spoken up about getting anything on D2

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro, why do you think you were roleblocked N1

Star hasn't checked in yet today, and she wouldn't have necessarily spoken up about getting anything on D2
I've stated this multiple times. Obviously I don't KNOW the reason, but Natiko and Crimson were publicly discussing the possibility that I was acting the way I was because I was most likely a Town PR or scum. Scum knows I'm not scum, so they would take that to mean "Town PR." Of course they don't know which PR, but they could RB me just in case.

Sorian

Banned
To clarify, a Town roleblocker ALREADY can have negative utility since they don't know who scum is. They could very well be blocking a doctor for all they know.

Sounds like something you'd know better than I do.

Why? I don't think they are scum but even if I had leans there, why would I sacrifice a role just on the basis that it's empty?

Don't worry if you flip town i'm gonna go right back at him, but I gotta see your flip first

Not a fan of #2787 and the claim that their intention was to force the two of them into competing wagons. It could be narration to justify past behavior. It just seems like it is awful much. Like, persuading for one lynch you like isn't just enough but you're going to play for two of them simultaneously. If we catch you, and you're scum, then it would be worth it. If not and you're town, it is going to look like a player who both wanted their cake (to save a scum teammate, FEPkit) and to eat it (staunchly advocate for the record that they want them gone).

I didn't need to persuade for kitsune and FEP. It was already the favorite. Ouro trying to persuade against from that pick is why I went and tried to push him up as the competitor. Mafia games rarely, if ever, get away with a single uncontested wagon unless we're in finals days or have a red check. This is hardly a new tactic, if I'm already getting what I want, I undermine the person trying to detract from what I want. In this case though, the scum connection is pretty clear.

Ourobolus

Banned
So you're claiming being RB'd N1 just because?

Is the message she should've gotten one that she should've claimed getting?
You asked what I thought scum's motive was and I answered.

I'm assuming we were RB'd because neither Czar nor Sketch mentioned any notification and there's no reason not to at least mention it, even if they omit specific details.

Sorian

Banned
So you're claiming being RB'd N1 just because?

Is the message she should've gotten one that she should've claimed getting?

I'm going to go take a nap because I have to work a short shift tonight but what is this line of questioning? What do you expect a town Ouro to say here?

Ourobolus

Banned
The Virgin flip reinforces the fact that a scum roleblocker exists. And since we have a no-kill night tonight, clearly they were never targeted by the hooker.

Welp, I guess the multi quote isn't working for me either but good points re: Schmuffin and Star. Just hanging out and waiting to hear from Kitty.

kingkitty

Okay I'm here. finally saw Dunkirk, not great, but fine. Anyways from what I skimmed, Ouro is correct. We were silenced which seems to 100 percent confirm what Kark said.

Just to make everything clear.

Me and Ouro are shipping Bowser and Waluigi. Is Bowser and Waluigi dating? I don't know.

We are a Pair of Mailmen.

We can 'mail' a note during each night phase to any pair of our choosing.

Night 1:
We sent a note to CzarSketch. If they received the note we asked one of them to say "The wallaby made me do it" as their first post of the day in Day 2. We promised that if we felt comfortable about them, we'd say "KAMEN RIDER" and "DUCK PLACENTA" in our posts.

Unfortunately CzarSketch didn't say anything relating to a wallaby. Although as things were heating up at the end of Day 2, Ouro said the words Kamen Rider and Duck Placenta anyways in case our pair was near death and CzarSketch somehow popped for help. But no acknowledgment of those words came.

Night 2:
We sent a note to Dr. franconp. If they received the note we asked one of them to say "I love dabbing" as their first post of the day in Day 3. We promised that if we felt comfortable about them, we'd say "BAKA SHINJI" and "UGUU SENPAI". As far as my skimming goes, I don't think franconp or worm said anything about dabbing.

So yeah. Two nights in a row we've supposedly picked a pair that won't acknowledge our notes. So roleblocked maybe?

Why did you claim when Ouro has made a point of dancing around actually claiming?

Obviously you can't have discussed that privately if you're silenced?

kingkitty

Why did you pick the pairs you did? Did you have any overall goal?

from my point of view, I felt null towards CzarSketch (considering Czar was joining next day phase). if we felt good about them the days after, we'd confirm our presence, if we didn't feel good then we wouldn't.

the second pair dr.franconp was because I felt like there was some decent friction between them and the scum pair.

overall goal? to successfully send a note, and perhaps share our thoughts if we think they're okay. and if necessary, confirm that we indeed sent notes as our role entails.

Sophia

Night 1:
We sent a note to CzarSketch. If they received the note we asked one of them to say "The wallaby made me do it" as their first post of the day in Day 2. We promised that if we felt comfortable about them, we'd say "KAMEN RIDER" and "DUCK PLACENTA" in our posts.

Unfortunately CzarSketch didn't say anything relating to a wallaby. Although as things were heating up at the end of Day 2, Ouro said the words Kamen Rider and Duck Placenta anyways in case our pair was near death and CzarSketch somehow popped for help. But no acknowledgment of those words came.

kamenrideryesv6ush.gif

I noticed the Kamen Rider thing... was wondering about that. Ouro never talks about Kamen Rider. : |

Hmm..

Top Bottom