• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

As I recall, Acohrs slipped up as a result of Kark's gambit, but nobody picked up on it/followed though with it.

Then Acohrs didn't get lynched and scum burned.

I think a town hooker is the only way a twice-blocked Ouro makes sense, really. But there are some things to consider:

The question of why they wouldn't claim last day phase came up and was discussed but not fully to me. It didn't occur to you guys? Really? Sorian was definitely softclaiming as he said (believing Ouro was roleblocked, etc.) so it was certainly at least a little on your minds. I mean, I get making not-great decisions about claiming (we really did think there was more time left; we are dumb) but that would have essentially confirmed OK's story. Instead, Sorian's dancing around it just made the whole thing seem weirder. Weirdness + suspicion = dead townies. And I'm honestly not sure what this flip gives us except "welp, a lot of people had wrong reads."

Here is a wacky possibility: Sawrian used the night phase to come up with this because they are scum hookers and blocked Ouro once and the other time the recipients were scum so they're just coordinating and lying. Twice blocked makes the idea of a town hooker plausible so they had to figure out a way to make it work. One block + lie = fake twice blocked.

Sawrian, full claim was requested; was it delivered? Did I miss it?

I'm not saying that I suspect Sawrian. Right now I'm pretty firmly in the "I don't know" space and I want more details. If pressed, right now I'd say that I suspect racohrs until more comes from them, Trig4on for reasons already given (moving sucks but doesn't explain everything), possibly Star, and I have a lot of fucking uncertainty, to be quite frank. There's a hole somewhere here.

Ourobolus has sent his will:

b073df531b631b80a8d5a44f2c49d4b3--snakes-google.jpg

In lighter news, this is amazing.

Yeah, that's currently my dilemma, their night actions make more sense as town, and I can buy the role as being town.

But the way they played yesterday doesn't sit that well.

Elaborate lie involving multiple scum partners? Don't buy that, plus Sorian was setting up the claim yesterday, remember that he said that Ouro was role blocked. Simplest and most likely explanation is that they are telling the truth about their night targets.

Addendum before I get ready for work: Darryl/nin seems to have dropped of all radars and while no one felt particularly bad about them, we should keep them in our thoughts. Between the two of them, we're looking at 29 posts last day phase, which is about half their activity from the prior day. Granted, last day phase was weird, but post-OuroKitty flip and with two claims on the board, I think we need to be all hands on deck this day phase unless you've got something going on, you know? (Flush festival, Worm computer, etc.). While we can afford to mislynch here and there in terms of numbers, the uncertainty is not great and we need forward motion, which we won't get if conversation shrinks.

Yeah, that's currently my dilemma, their night actions make more sense as town, and I can buy the role as being town.

Elaborate lie involving multiple scum partners? Don't buy that, plus Sorian was setting up the claim yesterday, remember that he said that Ouro was role blocked. Simplest and most likely explanation is that they are telling the truth about their night targets.

Yep, same hat. But I'm also always slightly wary of "simplest explanation" theories because humans aren't simple. Regardless, I agree with you and mostly I just want more details from them.

My goal later is to look back over voting patterns again.

Trigger

Eh, I don't really know if I buy there being a town hooker. It just seems more natural as a scum role to me. I've liked Sawneeks's contributions so far, but I don't really town read Sorian.

Eh, I don't really know if I buy there being a town hooker. It just seems more natural as a scum role to me. I've liked Sawneeks's contributions so far, but I don't really town read Sorian.

Can you unpack this a little? What is it about Sorian that you don't town read, and why?

acohrs

I'm enjoying reading nomadic sparks' posts, mostly NAI filler or scummy depending on whether you see shitposting as scummy or not but they are still fun to read!

acohrs

Well, let's talk about this game. What do you think about the events of the day leading to OK's lynch and flip? The claims on the table? Who are you scum reading?

RN, Sawneeks has me confused, that's the gut feeling I have. Scumread her until the claim, now not sure what to think. No evidence to counter the claim so should take it on face value, but my gut says that she's scum based on our previous game together. Torn

acohrs

Something else that makes me suspicious of saw is the role claim, been in a few games recently where scum have role claimed "early", twisting their town role to make them seem towny. It's made me slightly suspicious of role claims altogether now actually

Natiko

Banned
The silencer almost sounds like it was conceived to be a pseudo cop. I read it after the day phase had ended so maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't the whole point a potential gotcha moment on how town and scum had different time frames of being silenced? Or at least that's how Flush was hoping to play it?
Yeah, but that was backed down from in the same post that it was put forward in. If it was meant to serve as that and bear still decided to be coy about how scum would be informed about it then that really fucked us.

So just thinking about roles so far, if we assume everyone is telling the truth (because why not):

scum: loved

town: mailmen, hooker, virgins, silencer

meta: real lovers versus weird shippers

Just thinking about the way things fit together. This is what's been nagging at me, like there's something here I'm missing. I'd wonder if we didn't have some kind of voyeur/follower/stalker type but if so I'm guessing they haven't hit anything so far and so are staying quiet. I feel like it would fit. But that's just base speculation. I'm just curious where that leaves us in terms of scum roles.

Gonna start re-reading the stuff from today that I only had time to skim.
One would have to assume scum have a targeted night command as well, or at least it seems like that would be likely. I know Sorian speculated role cop but with how weak the town roles have been I'm not sure how useful that would be for scum.

How about we start taking about nomadic sparks?
I tried to confront him ( bad time around the end of the day ) yesterday but he just gave me vibes that came of as really off putting.

Will quote in a bit since i am now off to work.

Vote: nomadic sparks

The way you have been coasting avoiding questions and especially the day end yesterday put me in this position to vote for you.

Hope that you will at least give a damn now.
There's something adorable about you of all people calling someone out for coasting.

I'm inclined to believe Sorian's claim just because I don't know that if they were scum they would have pushed so hard against Ouro using that info nor come out and claimed at the start of D3. It does provide an explanation for Ouro that doesn't involve assuming scum made odd choices as well.

acohrs

sorry meant twisting their PR to appear towny*

also, somebody I think asked a question about the views of who I replaced, there's not too much to go on there. Rac and I have already posted more than them in the thread on OG, so not much to go on there

franconp

sorry meant twisting their PR to appear towny*

also, somebody I think asked a question about the views of who I replaced, there's not too much to go on there. Rac and I have already posted more than them in the thread on OG, so not much to go on there

Weird because SamuraiMuffin were one of the top posters of the game and they said that they used their chat.

acohrs

Weird because SamuraiMuffin were one of the top posters of the game and they said that they used their chat.

well I can only see one page worth of posts really in the thread in OG, Rac speculated that maybe some posts were scrubbed and I can see why based on what you just said, but it is what it is

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Sawneeks & Sorian (1)
CrimsonFist 3472

rac & acohrs (1)
Sawneeks 3494

StarSketch & AbsolutBro (1)
Natiko 3473 3523
franconp 3527

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
Sorian 3530

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (1)
nin1000 3547

No active vote for Day 4: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Darryl, Dr. Worm, hey_monkey, Karkador, Natiko (has previously voted), Nomadic Sparks, rac, Royal_Flush, Sophia, StarSketch, Trigger, Ty4on, Xbro

Day 4 Postcount: AbsolutBro 1, acohrs 10, CrimsonFist 18, Darryl 1, Dr. Worm 1, franconp 9, hey_monkey 13, Karkador 0, Natiko 12, nin1000 1, Nomadic Sparks 0, rac 1, Royal_Flush 0, Sawneeks 9, Sophia 8, Sorian 5, StarSketch 2, Trigger 1, Ty4on 1, Xbro 6

Day 4 ends:
pin_1503255600.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

franconp

well I can only see one page worth of posts really in the thread in OG, Rac speculated that maybe some posts were scrubbed and I can see why based on what you just said, but it is what it is

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying that both of you think Burb deleted posts from SamuraiMuffin in your chat?

Ty4on

On day 1 Sorian's vote on Orb basically killed any chance of the Kitsune train gaining
steam. I gave this a pass on day 2, but looks slightly different under the light that Kitsune was scum.

On day 2, Sorian started a train on Ouro, who we now know is town, against Kitsune who we know is scum. Sorian was "scum reading" Kitsune, but only voted there later on as self preservation. He also made comments which to me felt like they were trying to dissuade people voting that way.

On day 3 he put forward some really weird arguments against Ouro, in particular the one quoted above about thinking Ouro was role blocked but not a mailman, as well as the town hooker theory.
Speaking of D1, what delayed your kitsune vote?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying that both of you think Burb deleted posts from SamuraiMuffin in your chat?

That's weird because both Fish and Czar made posts in my pair thread, and they're still there. then again, maybe this happened because both players were replaced in that case? -shrug-

Speaking of threads, AB noted that Nomadic seems to be compensating for something seeing as he suddenly popped up after getting dinged for post disparity.

Sorian

Banned
How do you feel about StarBro?

AB left no impression on me yesterday. I know he's posted more than than both of his predecessors but I don't really remember anything he said. Star is Star, I've always had constant issues reading her. So I really don't know. They could be scum but I think a lot of people assume that because of the whole message thing, except Ouro was blocked so the whole message point is moot, no one is lying about it.

I tried to confront him ( bad time around the end of the day ) yesterday but he just gave me vibes that came of as really off putting.

The way you have been coasting avoiding questions and especially the day end yesterday put me in this position to vote for you.

I think Natiko is fine. Nomadic plays from the hip which has led to weak play but I don't really find it scummy.

If everyone's telling the truth, that's probably about it for town roles, maybe one other, but it covers protective and investigative, and a few fluffy mostly useless things.

And now I remember what's missing: Anything to interact with the shipping pairs. So far they've been exclusively flavour, I thought there would be some sort of role or mechanic to go along with those.

No sign of any neutral activity at all unless the silencers are neutral or something too.

I've written off the silencer as either scum or town. I'd be astounded if Burb throws in the same neutral again.

I think a town hooker is the only way a twice-blocked Ouro makes sense, really. But there are some things to consider:

The question of why they wouldn't claim last day phase came up and was discussed but not fully to me. It didn't occur to you guys? Really? Sorian was definitely softclaiming as he said (believing Ouro was roleblocked, etc.) so it was certainly at least a little on your minds. I mean, I get making not-great decisions about claiming (we really did think there was more time left; we are dumb) but that would have essentially confirmed OK's story. Instead, Sorian's dancing around it just made the whole thing seem weirder. Weirdness + suspicion = dead townies. And I'm honestly not sure what this flip gives us except "welp, a lot of people had wrong reads."

Here is a wacky possibility: Sawrian used the night phase to come up with this because they are scum hookers and blocked Ouro once and the other time the recipients were scum so they're just coordinating and lying. Twice blocked makes the idea of a town hooker plausible so they had to figure out a way to make it work. One block + lie = fake twice blocked.

Sawrian, full claim was requested; was it delivered? Did I miss it?

I'm not saying that I suspect Sawrian. Right now I'm pretty firmly in the "I don't know" space and I want more details. If pressed, right now I'd say that I suspect racohrs until more comes from them, Trig4on for reasons already given (moving sucks but doesn't explain everything), possibly Star, and I have a lot of fucking uncertainty, to be quite frank. There's a hole somewhere here.

In lighter news, this is amazing.

I thought Ouro was scum and wanted to stay unclaimed. For the most part, this has been one big day phase with two lynches since no one was dying last night anyway so I wanted to see his flip and evaluate. If he had been scum, Sawneeks and I wouldn't have had to make any excuses and the soft was certainly there so maybe scum could guess it but even if they were mildy unsure, maybe we would have gotten an extra night or two of clearing people if that was only one scum left. I verified Ouro's story as much as I needed to. I said I believed he was roleblocked but felt that he was a scum role that would have known, an investigator or something.

Also, full claim? Saw already said it all in her post, town hookers, with Ouro, Ouro, Kark as our 3 targets to far. Or do you just mean the flavor names? We're Bella Swan and Carlisle Cullen.

franconp

AB left no impression on me yesterday. I know he's posted more than than both of his predecessors but I don't really remember anything he said. Star is Star, I've always had constant issues reading her. So I really don't know. They could be scum but I think a lot of people assume that because of the whole message thing, except Ouro was blocked so the whole message point is moot, no one is lying about it.

What do you think about StarSketch saying that she would do a deep read at the same time when Kitsune posted her? And then getting defensive over a post that was not directed at her, but to Kitsune instead?

OMGUS

vote: nin1000

I'm coasting?

What I'm doing is coasting?

Breh

I'm triple layered confused on whether Sorian is scum and how to approach it?

Coasting?

Coasting?

Not shit posting and general stupidity.....But coasting?

Sorian

Banned
What do you think about StarSketch saying that she would do a deep read at the same time when Kitsune posted her? And then getting defensive over a post that was not directed at her, but to Kitsune instead?

StarSketch is a slapstick comedy routine embodied in a person so it doesn't even make my eyebrow quiver. If anything you'd think she'd avoid doing any of that if kitsune was her partner and they were communicating but I could counter again by saying that scum Star would be just mistake prone so it's all reads moot.

franconp

StarSketch is a slapstick comedy routine embodied in a person so it doesn't even make my eyebrow quiver. If anything you'd think she'd avoid doing any of that if kitsune was her partner and they were communicating but I could counter again by saying that scum Star would be just mistake prone so it's all reads moot.

I think that answer is bullshit and you know it. Why would we excuse a player with a read that says "she always plays badly so when she makes an slip can't be scum"?

So what do you think about StarSketch choosing us "at random" to do a deep dive when the first (or second) post of her partner (Tim at the moment) was acussing me for being scum with a faulty meta read? That sounds random to you?

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm honestly feeling really unsure of my reads right now. I think I need to try and scrap it and do a reread of the thread but I don't think I'd have time to until Saturday. I came into today feeling pretty good about Star and Royal being scum. My strongest reasoning on Star is shot to shit. I would still lean towards Royal as being scum but maybe my reads are just bad this game. I don't know if this game would be designed with almost all town PRs being worthless or having a big drawback. Hooker would be a decently strong one even with the chance of hitting the virgin, but giving town the silencer seems guaranteed to just backfire on town more often than not. Due to that I could see it actually being scum since it would make a decent scum role, but I'm not sure if it would be limited in that scenario. Just sort of rambling, but the quietness in the thread has me uneasy so I figured I'd at least share what my perspective is currently.

Plus my lover is still MIA

Can you explain to me why a Scum!Royal would claim when he did? That's what is getting me hung up on their alignment because I have trouble seeing Scum claim in such a way out of the blue.

Hi Nin

what are your thoughts on Natiko since you don't like his partner?

Sorian detailed his thoughts but it wasn't something we discussed in our chat at the time, in fact our chat was mostly dead last Day Phase. We work somewhat separate from each other and only really sometimes discuss reads, some notes, night actions, and make bad jokes ( okay that one is mostly me to be fair ) in our chat and don't run absolutely everything by each other. We did briefly discuss claiming when I got home and noticed we almost got lynched on Day 2 for reasons I still don't get but that was about it.

Addendum before I get ready for work: Darryl/nin seems to have dropped of all radars and while no one felt particularly bad about them, we should keep them in our thoughts. Between the two of them, we're looking at 29 posts last day phase, which is about half their activity from the prior day. Granted, last day phase was weird, but post-OuroKitty flip and with two claims on the board, I think we need to be all hands on deck this day phase unless you've got something going on, you know? (Flush festival, Worm computer, etc.). While we can afford to mislynch here and there in terms of numbers, the uncertainty is not great and we need forward motion, which we won't get if conversation shrinks.

I 100% agree.

What would you suggest we do this Day Phase to get people talking more since everyone is so quiet.

I'm enjoying reading nomadic sparks' posts, mostly NAI filler or scummy depending on whether you see shitposting as scummy or not but they are still fun to read!

I see you're continuing Sam's play of giving non-reads of people. :x

Thanks. I think StarBro is scum. And most likely Sawrian too.

Y

RN, Sawneeks has me confused, that's the gut feeling I have. Scumread her until the claim, now not sure what to think. No evidence to counter the claim so should take it on face value, but my gut says that she's scum based on our previous game together. Torn

To quote Sophia, your gut is terrible. :p

I was a bit divided between switching to Kitsune or switching to Darryl due to the day 1 argument between him and Sorian.

What pushed you over the edge to Kits?

Sophia

I think that answer is bullshit and you know it. Why would we excuse a player with a read that says "she always plays badly so when she makes an slip can't be scum"?

So what do you think about StarSketch choosing us "at random" to do a deep dive when the first (or second) post of her partner (Tim at the moment) was acussing me for being scum with a faulty meta read? That sounds random to you?

The one time Star was neutral that I remember (Of Gods and Men), her slips were a lot more blatant and she got herself lynched on Day 1. So I'm kind of slightly in agreement with Fran here that we shouldn't be making excuses for Star. I've actually got the gut impression she was kind of subdue this game. I can't tell if that's because she's had a rotating partner, or if it's because she's scum and has someone backing her up behind the scenes.

To quote Sophia, your gut is terrible. :p

Yo get your own dialogue Saw. It's bad enough that Nomadic is sheeping me, gosh! ;_;

What pushed you over the edge to Kits?

General non-contributions besides arguing with Dragonz, FEP not having a vote, also was leaning slightly scum on FatSorian at the time and Darryl vs Sorian was unlikely to be w/w, although I did sort of consider that as a far fetched possibility.

Looking over yesterday, Star wanted to lynch Ouro day 2, for some but it doesn't look like she took any sort of stance on him at all yesterday, and Absolut voted Trigger on a "coin flip."

Sorian

Banned

It probably wasn't at random tbh. I'd be unsurprised to add later that Tim said a couple things on their chat that made her look in gay direction when he wasn't around.

That said, you can call my answer bullshit all you want. Nothing she's done so far has been alignment indicative. Is that frustrating for reading? Yes. Do I have any clue if she is scum or not? Nope. That's why it's annoying but I always get a real read on her by game end because circumstances force her alignment to show even if her play does.

Should have quoted Sophia too but I know you know better so pretending Star flubbing about is a scum tell gets an eye roll from me.

It probably wasn't at random tbh. I'd be unsurprised to add later that Tim said a couple things on their chat that made her look in gay direction when he wasn't around.

That said, you can call my answer bullshit all you want. Nothing she's done so far has been alignment indicative. Is that frustrating for reading? Yes. Do I have any clue if she is scum or not? Nope. That's why it's annoying but I always get a real read on her by game end because circumstances force her alignment to show even if her play does.

Should have quoted Sophia too but I know you know better so pretending Star flubbing about is a scum tell gets an eye roll from me.

Do you have any thoughts on Absolut though?

Burbeting

Banned
starsketch & absolutbro (1)
natiko
franconp

rac & acohrs (1)
sawneeks

trigger & ty4on (1)
sorian

natiko & nomadic sparks (1)
nin1000

darryl & nin1000 (1)
nomadic sparks

Dr. Worm

Banned
VOTE: StarSketch

I have a theory and I want to see how it goes. It's a little (actually a lot) crazy and I'm sure that if Worm was around here will tell me in the chat to drop it as it makes no sense. But he isn't around here so it's the best time to do it.

dVDJiez.gif

Karkador

Banned
I think we had to flip Ouro one way or another, to piece this mystery together with some objective information. Especially when this player is making devil's bargain type of arguments for good reason.

1) So Ouro chose his targets - fran and star.

2) We have a roleclaim from Royal yesterday that they're the silencers. They targeted Ouro and I.

3) We have this roleclaim today from Sorian that they are the hookers and roleblocked Ouro twice, as well as me.

Here's where I'm at with these issues:

1) Yesterday I considered that, because Ouro didn't actually get a "your action failed" type of PM during the night, it was possible that at least one of his two targets actually DID receive the letter, but chose not to respond - all to cast doubt on Ouro when he eventually brings this up.

2) Royal's silencer claim came after his two targets (myself and Ouro) already talked about it. I guess I'm inclined to believe him after Ouro's flip, but we can't comment on it much from our perspective.

3) "Town Hooker", huh? I don't know what to make of that yet, but targeting Ouro twice in a row makes no sense to me, personally, especially not without much of a visible cause/effect. Also, since when is a roleblocking type of role able to target the same target twice in a row?

Top Bottom