• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: EarthBound — Warm, weird, wonderful… and full of so much love! <3

Neiteio

Hey everyone:

I started replaying this with a friend recently. Just on and off, chipping away at it (this time on the WiiU VC). I sailed through Peaceful Rest Valley, which had given me so much trouble in the past (UFOs inducing nighttime stuffiness! Territorial Oaks that explode!), and quickly restored sanity to Happy Happy Village. Also returned to Twoson and bailed out the Runaway Five before riding with them to Threed.

Man, this game is somehow even better than I remember. The pacing was on point the first time around (once I got past the difficulty spike at Peaceful Rest Valley), but now the pacing is even tighter since I have a general idea of how to approach each scenario. It's nice to see.

I've also been playing Super Mario RPG on the side. First time going through the game. Been on hiatus for a while, but I really enjoyed it, the occasional grinding aside. May make a thread on it later. Also may make a thread on FFVII, although that game's been on hiatus even longer &#8212; right at the final boss, Sephiroth. He's tough! Quite the difficulty spike over the rest of the game.

Lots of great JRPGs out there I want to play. I also purchased Chrono Trigger on DS last year and meant to play it, but didn't get around to it. However, I loaned it to my roommate and he's been really enjoying it. Makes me want to play it...

...assuming I can find the willpower to put down Breath of the Wild, of course!

One other note: How tragic it is to see the previous posts in here all hoping for Mother 3 at E3 2016. Clearly that didn't happen. But maybe this year... on Switch... Fingers crossed!

chadboban

Hey everyone:

I started replaying this with a friend recently. Just on and off, chipping away at it (this time on the WiiU VC). I sailed through Peaceful Rest Valley, which had given me so much trouble in the past (UFOs inducing nighttime stuffiness! Territorial Oaks that explode!), and quickly restored sanity to Happy Happy Village. Also returned to Twoson and bailed out the Runaway Five before riding with them to Threed.

Man, this game is somehow even better than I remember. The pacing was on point the first time around (once I got past the difficulty spike at Peaceful Rest Valley), but now the pacing is even tighter since I have a general idea of how to approach each scenario. It's nice to see.

I've also been playing Super Mario RPG on the side. First time going through the game. Been on hiatus for a while, but I really enjoyed it, the occasional grinding aside. May make a thread on it later. Also may make a thread on FFVII, although that game's been on hiatus even longer — right at the final boss, Sephiroth. He's tough! Quite the difficulty spike over the rest of the game.

Lots of great JRPGs out there I want to play. I also purchased Chrono Trigger on DS last year and meant to play it, but didn't get around to it. However, I loaned it to my roommate and he's been really enjoying it. Makes me want to play it...

...assuming I can find the willpower to put down Breath of the Wild, of course!

One other note: How tragic it is to see the previous posts in here all hoping for Mother 3 at E3 2016. Clearly that didn't happen. But maybe this year... on Switch... Fingers crossed!

Ever played mother 3 Neiteio? If you haven't I really hope Nintendo releases it on virtual console cause man you'll be in for a treat.

Also I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, that you've never played Chrono Trigger. Easily one of my all time favorite games and in my opinion one of the greatest games of all time. I really hope you get to experience it.

Neiteio

Your body isn't ready for Chrono Trigger, Neiteio

You want some solid pacing? No game does it better

Ever played mother 3 Neiteio? If you haven't I really hope Nintendo releases it on virtual console cause man you'll be in for a treat.

Also I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, that you've never played Chrono Trigger. Easily one of my all time favorite games and in my opinion one of the greatest games of all time. I really hope you get to experience it.
Yeah, like I said, my roommate seems to really enjoying the copy of Chrono Trigger I loaned him. I've glanced over his shoulder a few times and I was very impressed by the game's artwork &#8212; so lush and detailed. And the music! One of the battle themes reminds me of the old Nickelodeon show, "Legend of the Hidden Temple." Good stuff! So yeah, I'd like to get around to it.

As for Mother 3, no, I haven't played it. I've been patiently waiting for the rumored official localization, originally reported by Eurogamer for WiiU... and presumably now moved to the Switch, if the rumor is real. Seems like a perfect E3 announcement, doesn't it? Man, that'd be amazing...

Neiteio

Random question just popped into my head: Did starmen.net ever release a copy of their EarthBound Anthology to the public? The one they sent to Nintendo executives back when they were campaigning for a re-release of EarthBound and/or translation of Mother 3? I'd love to leaf through all of the fan art tributes from way back when. The pictures of the book itself looked really slick. It was pretty much the diehard fandom that got me into Mother in the first place.

Musolf815

Earthbound was one of the main reasons I bought my Wii U (that and the Wind Waker HD bundle). I am getting a Switch eventually but if they announce Mother 3 I will try to find one immediately.

There's something just so special about Itoi's voice that comes through in Earthbound. It's so unique, charming, and hopeful.

Neiteio

So what are everyone's revised predictions regarding Mother 3?

- Do you think the rumors of Mother 3's localization are true?
- Do you think Mother 3 is now heading to the Switch?
- Do you think we'll see (or even receive) Mother 3 at E3?
- What do you think the English title would be?

Top Bottom