• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Yakuz.... DANG IT!

Damn OP i feel for ya, i once had a game delivered with no disc emailed the shop and got a new copy the next day.

Was your copy sealed? If so that's even nore scummy:/

Yes, it was a new/sealed copy I purchased back in March. Others have speculated that someone purchased it, dropped in the other disk, and had the means of resealing it before returning it back to Target.

TwiztidElf

I know a guy that bought Assassins Creed, and when he got around to opening it, it had Avatar in it.
At least we got our easy 1000 gamerscore.

This is the greatest LTTP of all time
Uh, thank you?

PM me your address. I will mail you my copy as long as you promise to mail it back when you're done. Yes I am serious.
While I appreciate the gesture, I'd really like to re-purchase the game.

Does anyone know of any deals for it? I have GCU, so the best deal I can find is 20% off at best buy. Yakuza games always seem to maintain their value.

ike_

Does anyone know of any deals for it? I have GCU, so the best deal I can find is 20% off at best buy. Yakuza games always seem to maintain their value.

Hah well be careful, I've had something similar happen at Best Buy. Bringing home Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story I noticed the wrapping was torn just a little bit. I opened the case and it was empty. I don't know what kind of ninja bomb-squad surgeon you need to be to get a DS game card out of a case with only a 1 inch slit in the cellophane, but apparently they exist.

But I mentioned it on Best Buy's feedback site (listed on the receipt) and they were nice enough to give me a $10-$15 gift card which is better than nothing.

NightMystic

Neo Member
Reminds me of the time I bought my wife a 3DS and copies of Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for her birthday from the Penn Station Kmart.

On the day of her birthday she opens the shrink wrapped Super Mario 3D Land and there is nothing inside. Before opening Mario Kart 7, I decided to record in case the same thing happened. What do you know, the game card was missing from inside that case as well.

Luckily I had the receipt and the video of her opening the second case. Kmart gave me no hassle in getting new copies (with the games inside this time).

Rellik

Yes, it was a new/sealed copy I purchased back in March. Others have speculated that someone purchased it, dropped in the other disk, and had the means of resealing it before returning it back to Target.

Didn't it have the official PlayStation seal on it? The line that goes across the shrink wrap which you use to open it? All my games come with that so I know it's not been tampered with.

s-l300.jpg

Didn't it have the official PlayStation seal on it? The line that goes across the shrink wrap which you use to open it? All my games come with that so I know it's not been tampered with.

s-l300.jpg
I don't think that's a thing in the US. Most of my PS4 games just have a generic shrinkwrap. Xbox One games often have an inner branded sticker that would need tampered with.

Top Bottom