• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: ZombiU

Wait a second, what the hell are you trying to do here? YOU were the one that said that the "fixed camera" Gears played exactly like a Resident Evil. If it plays like a Resident Evil, then it's a Survival horror. As I said, a camera change implies gameplay changes, it doesn't mean that it's a survival horror only because of the fixed camera system, but it's pretty obvious that a fixed camera CoD it's not a First Person Shooter

All those games would be mechanically identical to Resident Evil: Tank controls, simple aiming, etc. They'd be unplayable and not very scary, but you yourself said that "themes" and "difficulty" don't matter, just mechanics.

Yeah, that's if you play in easy mode and don't give a fuck about the final score.
In RE3, if you wanted to beat the game at 100% you had to fight and defeat Nemessis in every encounter you had with him, those wasting tons of ammunition in order to do so.
The game was more flexible in that it let you choose between fight and run and if you ran every time then of course you would have more than enough ammo to waste, but that's not because RE3 was less of a survival horror than the others, it was just a design decision that you, of course, weren't able to understand at all.

Uh, no. An A rank in RE3 requires you to beat the game in under 2:30, only save twice, and use first-aid sprays sparingly. All that killing Nemesis earns you are bigger and better guns, including an upgrade that gives you infinite ammo (and no, using it does not effect your score). Even so, you can still kill everything in the game (including Nemesis), even without the infinite ammo item.

Let's say in a Survival Horror it's 80% plannification and 20% fighting skills, in ZombiU it would be closer to 50%-50%, and in a shooter it would be 20%-80% or like in most cases nowadays 0%-100% and in a pure adventure it would be 100%-0%.
Now of course there can be variations between games, for example, a Silent Hill is more like 70%-30% (to compare it to the 80%-20% of the RE game).

In ZombiU there is a part where you have to survive purely based on your fighting skills, that alone is proof enough of this game pertaining at a different genre than pure survival horrors.

Oh man, you're going to start providing sources if you're going to talk about things like action percentage. Here: RE2 is 0% planning (because ammo everywhere) and 100% fighting, because evading and timing the shotgun is something. Numbers!

And RE has boss fights, where you have to survive purely on your ability to fight. Action horror!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jyuj5.jpg

The first time I saw that hanged nurse I was like "Whaaaaaaat". You could tell they were setting up a sequel, but oh well.

this game is the reason I bought a Wii u and I enjoyed it immensely, really hope a sequel gets released, preferably without the sonar radar mechanic and nerf the push back move, those both destroy the tension and makes it too easy.

Should have had an easy mode where you can save anywhere and your survivor doesn't change or downgrade if you die. I wouldn't play that shit, but it might make more people happy.

this game is the reason I bought a Wii u and I enjoyed it immensely, really hope a sequel gets released, preferably without the sonar radar mechanic and nerf the push back move, those both destroy the tension and makes it too easy.

Eh, I like the radar honestly. Since it only detected movement, you never new if something was actually a zombie or not. Really gave it a great feeling. How would you nerf the push back though? What changes would you make?

Sanctuary

COMBAT

It's depressingly atrocious. I honestly don't mind the gunplay so far. I've picked up and used a good assortment of guns so far and there's a very basic upgrade feature. My complaint is the melee combat. I'm not sure what Ubisoft was thinking. They give you an assortment of guns but only one melee weapon? Okay, whatever, I could overlook that if it was fun to use but every single encounter with a zombie is the same when using the cricket bat.

Completely agree. I absolutely loved the game, but the cricket bat just took what could have been an 8.5 - 9.0 game for me an dropped it to a 7.0. The bat was just that bad, and you relied on it so much. It's also a shame that there won't be a sequel, but the game had so much good going for it.

Should have had an easy mode where you can save anywhere and your survivor doesn't change or downgrade if you die. I wouldn't play that shit, but it might make more people happy.

Eh, I like the radar honestly. Since it only detected movement, you never new if something was actually a zombie or not. Really gave it a great feeling. How would you nerf the push back though? What changes would you make?

they could play that element up more, it became obvious to me after awhile if the blips were rats or zombies, they could make it so it had a longer cooldown period for a start, though I may be confusing it with dead islands kick move, I think the guns should be very rare, this is the UK after all, guns are nowhere, and having so many guns meant you could feel quite comfortable taking on loads of zombies.

greg400

Banned
Completely agree. I absolutely loved the game, but the cricket bat just took what could have been an 8.5 - 9.0 game for me an dropped it to a 7.0. The bat was just that bad, and you relied on it so much. It's also a shame that there won't be a sequel, but the game had so much good going for it.
Yeah the game was good and worth a single play through but I have no desire to go through it again with that melee combat. Made it feel like a chore at times unfortunately.

did you not make it to the palace and find the crossbow?

once you have that it becomes your primary weapon as the arrows can be reused, aiming for zombies heads using the gamepad felt awesome too.

When you guys say the bat/combat was bad, are you saying that you just didn't like it(it's very "commitment" driven) or that the combat was broken?

greg400

Banned
When you guys say the bat/combat was bad, are you saying that you just didn't like it(it's very "commitment" driven) or that the combat was broken?
I would classify it as being incredibly repetitive and mindless. The single animation response for the zombies really hurt the appeal as well. I wouldn't call it broken, but it needed some serious refinement or variety.

I think they'll revisit it, but not solely on the Wii U. Hopefully more than a year of development time on the game itself is done, since that's about what they did after moving over the assets from the original alien title they were working on.

I would classify it as being incredibly repetitive and mindless. The single animation response for the zombies really hurt the appeal as well. I wouldn't call it broken, but it needed some serious refinement or variety.

it was repetitive but I thought it was refined, it functioned exactly as intended, though once you got the crossbow, no need to use the bat all the time.

greg400

Banned
it was repetitive but I thought it was refined, it functioned exactly as intended, though once you got the crossbow, no need to use the bat all the time.
I would consider it refined if at the very least the adjustment of blows would change the outcome but it's literally just a waiting game.

Also want to make it clear that I enjoyed the game, just not the melee combat.

Neff

For me, it wasn't the method of melee death, it was the approach. Planning a zombie death and orchestrating in secrecy was the thrill. Beating them with the bat was satisfying because it meant one less opponent without anyone noticing. I got comfortable with the bat and I knew the timing of it perfectly. I'd they did a sequel they could've added more, but I was happy with it as it was.

It certainly doesn't ruin the game, and it was definitely fun at times, but for me it's really one of only a couple of problems the game has, which is frustrating, because there's so much potential already in place.

But like I keep saying, still a great game and a Wii U must have.

cacildo

Deinitely not broken, but it lacks variety, for sure.

In the heat of a horde attack, the melee combat shows itself as something very interesting and tense. But when dealing with one zombie at the time it does get stale.

And its also kinda ramdom. Some zombies go down with one or two hits. Others take five or six + finishing blow. You have no way to know which ia which...

...expecpt for the armored zombie, which needs 3 blows for the helmet knockoff, +10 blows to finish it.

The workaround for me, to make it more interesting and fun, its also a nice way to improve weapon level up: you bash the zombie a few times with the bat, then finish him with a shot

No, Mario encourages you to master a course through trial and error, which is why it gives you tons and tons of lives.
Yes, and ZombiU forces the player to have some degree of combat ability and also encourages it to plan it's actions according to the available inventory. So what?

Except you can't. I lost my best survivor (seriously, the characters are even called survivors) because I got cocky and wasn't watching my back going down a sewer tunnel. The endgame was impossible without my gear, and I got the shit ending because of it.
I was referring to the "circus" part of the game. A pure combat-focused situation impossible to find in a pure Survival Horror.

Soyongdori said:
Let's admit it, Condemned was a survivor horror as much as ZombiU.
No, it isn't.

Soyongdori said:
Just because you didn't think it was survivor horror enough doesn't change the game's genre.
Its not a matter of degree, it's a matter of gameplay mechanichs. In Condemned it all was about how well you fought. You had multiple hand to hand options and you could beat everyone without worrying about how many ammo you had left, or how many free spaces there were on your inventory, or any of that.
In ZombiU things work different. There are situations where it's impossible to win if you haven't been careful about your inventory during all the game.

Condemned is a pure shooter/brawler, it's scarce ammo maybe forces you to use the pipe, the axe or other hand to hand weapons in some situations, but you will never find yourself in a dead end because you've done bad managing your inventory. It's 100% focused in combat, so it's not a survival horror by any means.
ZombiU places some importance to combat, more than a conventional Survival Horror would, and that's why I say it's not a pure Survival Horror, but it's not a shooter/brawler like Condemned by any means either.

Soyongdori said:
Although, using that statement pretty much proves that you've never touched Age of Empires, I'll bite. By using your same logic, I could say Call of Duty is same genre as Amnesia. See what I did there?
My logic was in fact your logic, categorizing games not by their gameplay but by their theme.
And now that you mention Amnesia, I'm pretty sure that you consider it a Survival Horror only because it's scary, don't you?

Neff said:
So if I understood what ZombiU is trying to be, it'd be better right?
It wouldn't be better, but you would have had a better time with it.

Neff said:
And my ignorance is preventing me from ignoring its flaws?
Your ignorance makes you to think that design choices are flaws. I also can criticize Mario games because they don't have any weapons, and say that they should learn a lot of Battlefield. What would that say about me? That I didn't know what I was playing exactly.
The same goes for the people asking ZombiU to have a varied arsenal of hand to hand weapons.

Neff said:
All games need variety to truly stand out. ZombiU is no different.
And there was variety in ZombiU. But the variety came from the multiple situations you had to deal with your limited range of actions, and not with the multiple options of hand to hand combat you had to resolve a certain situation.
You were expecting a shooter/brawler like Condemned, and so you want the combat to be like it is in Condemned. This game was from a different genre, although it has similar atmosphere.

To me ZombiU was my GOTY 2012 and I beat it multiple times, while I've played Condemned only until the 4th stage in the 5 years I've had this game (I still have it and I don't discard that in the future I'll beat it at least to the end) because the game doesn't attract me that much.
You're the opposite case.

I enjoy games where planning is above how well the action is performed, and this is why adventures, rpg and sh are my favourite genres, and why I don't like shooters very much.

This is not being patronising, and that's not what I'm trying to do. It's just that you were playing ZombiU with certain expectations, and that those expectations weren't what the game was trying to meet.

TheRedSnifit said:
All those games would be mechanically identical to Resident Evil: Tank controls, simple aiming, etc. They'd be unplayable and not very scary, but you yourself said that "themes" and "difficulty" don't matter, just mechanics.
Yes, and part of the mechanics are inventory management as well. Would that supposed GeoW have that? Even if it was so big that you wouldn't have to manage nearly anything?
It would be a really bad survival horror, but a survival horror after all.

TheRedSnifit said:
Uh, no. An A rank in RE3 requires you to beat the game in under 2:30, only save twice, and use first-aid sprays sparingly. All that killing Nemesis earns you are bigger and better guns, including an upgrade that gives you infinite ammo (and no, using it does not effect your score). Even so, you can still kill everything in the game (including Nemesis), even without the infinite ammo item.
It's been a long time since I played RE3 and I thought that Killing Nemessis was also counting for the rank. Still a survival horror, though, because as I said, difficulty doesn't imply genre change.

TheRedSnifit said:
Here: RE2 is 0% planning (because ammo everywhere) and 100% fighting, because evading and timing the shotgun is something. Numbers!
1. Planning also involves knowing how many spaces are left in your limited inventory and how to manage them.
2. RE2 in hard wasn't a CoD either, nor even ZombiU. The ammo was placed in certain spots all calculated by the developers (it doesn't matter if that seemed much to you, a puzzle of 4 pieces is still a puzzle even if easier than a puzzle of 1000 pieces, while in ZombiU apart from the fixed ammunitions, you can find other's people Zombies that gives you plenty of EXTRA ammo).

TheRedSnifit said:
And RE has boss fights, where you have to survive purely on your ability to fight. Action horror!
And that's why they aren't pure adventure games. That 20% of action, remember? It's not that the boss fights of RE are solved based on your ability, it's more about knowing and planning what to do. Important difference.

Marvel

could never
I loved this game, would have loved it even more if there were other melee weapons other than the cricket bat.

Started this game up a little while back. I'm about where OP is and I have to say that this is the most legit survival horror experience I've... experienced in a long time. Every bullet counts, every encounter has to be approached with care because you never know what type of situation you'll be faced with and inventory space is limited. It's a tense experience and it's awesome.

The multiplayer is excellent too, I tried it out with my friends last weekend and we were hooked for a few good hours.

I agree.
I think that most negative reviews and opinions comes from the fact that those people are expecting a fast-paced action game.

This is a true survival horror game... I wish they'd make more games like this.

RaptorGTA

Gold Member
I absolutely loved this game. Control could have been better but the atmosphere and game pad really made this game amazing. A must try for any survival fan.

Great game and easily up there with one of the best in 2012. However I picked up the fuel can bug about 12 hours in and I'm not going to play it again.

Marvel

could never
Also finding and beating the shit outta yourself to get all your loot back made this game both terrifying and hilarious.

I thought it was a really nice touch. Fingers crossed for a sequel.

Zarovitch

I need to continue this game.
I have some problem playing horror games for a long time in a row.
Too scary.

edit: I think that the melee attack is the only weak point that bother me.
That's something that should better in a sequel.

I was referring to the "circus" part of the game. A pure combat-focused situation impossible to find in a pure Survival Horror.

Not that I really give a shit what you call Zombi U, but plenty of Survival Horror games have bits where you are trapped and have to kill the enemies before the area unlocks. I don't think a single example of this changes anything... unless, you know, you're defining Survival Horror as *never* having a bit where you have to kill all the enemies to progress.

I presume you're giving boss encounters a free pass, for some generic reason.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not that I really give a shit what you call Zombi U, but plenty of Survival Horror games have bits where you are trapped and have to kill the enemies before the area unlocks. I don't think a single example of this changes anything... unless, you know, you're defining Survival Horror as *never* having a bit where you have to kill all the enemies to progress.

I agree, plus: that was pure survival considering how you had to properly manage the weapons spread over the level in order to survive.

My friend just recently got a Wii U and she is loving it. She mentioned she loves the Walking Dead show and anything Zombie based. Im going pick up a new copy of this game for her as a surprise.

I heard on Miiverse that Zombi U sold 550,000 copies. Can anyone confirm this? I cant believe it sold that many copies and Ubisoft still didnt turn it a profit. Its not like the game had some AAA budget to begin with.

I agree, plus: that was pure survival considering how you had to properly manage the weapons spread over the level in order to survive.

I don't agree.
A game that challenges you die as little as possible, suddenly turns into a combast specific area where luck is also an important factor.

I was furious the first time I died there (I was on my 3rd survivor or something)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't agree.
A game that challenges you die as little as possible, suddenly turns into a combast specific area where luck is also an important factor.

I was furious the first time I died there (I was on my 3rd survivor or something)

Don't know...there was a change in the pace, but there are also other horde situations during the game (a couple).
Plus, they gave you the right weapons to fight back, but you had to explore the area running away from the zombies in order to discover them.
I died too there, once. But wans't mad at the game.

cacildo

My friend just recently got a Wii U and she is loving it. She mentioned she loves the Walking Dead show and anything Zombie based. Im going pick up a new copy of this game for her as a surprise.

I heard on Miiverse that Zombi U sold 550,000 copies. Can anyone confirm this? I cant believe it sold that many copies and Ubisoft still didnt turn it a profit. Its not like the game had some AAA budget to begin with.

Somebody said here that the fact that the games started as Kilker Freaks, then it was ditched, then pcked up again and redone as zombies made costs skyrocket

I dont know if this is true, but the final game does seem kinda cheap (even if its a great game). Reused assets all around, low on cutscenes (which is great for me) no online multiplayer.

True, but you have to be prepared for those parts, as they are part of the puzzle. You know you will have to fight the boss there, so you have to reserve enough resources to fight him properly.
The thing revolves completely around "planning", and as I said, the "you can't kill everyone" was just an example of a hard survival horror to empathize that.

In he circus part, it didn't matter at all how well you planned the moment, it was pure combat with limited resources.

Aostia said:
That was nearly pure combat. Yes, you had to know to a certain degree what to do with what you had, but combat skills >>> planning in that situation.

Aostia said:
Don't know...there was a change in the pace, but there are also other horde situations during the game (a couple).
There's a difference though. While all the horde situations were possible to anticipate if you knew beforehand (reserving ammo for those parts), the circus part is combat focused no matter what you do. Even if you beat all the game through there without wasting a single shot, once you reach there, you're at the same position as someone who has played with a much less conservative approach.
It wasn't part of the "puzzle".

Mael

Somebody said here that the fact that the games started as Kilker Freaks, then it was ditched, then pcked up again and redone as zombies made costs skyrocket

I dont know if this is true, but the final game does seem kinda cheap (even if its a great game). Reused assets all around, low on cutscenes (which is great for me) no online multiplayer.

Well they had to redo nearly all the assets, that ain't cheap either....

GOTY 2012 by quite some margin, I would have loved more melee wpns but not your average melee wpns only stuffs you find lying around like taking a suitcase or a chair to fight but that wouldn't work in 1rst person I guess.
top 3 WiiU game so far.
I don't care where it's released I'll get the sequel if they ever do one.

Oh and the circus part was BS to high heaven!
I wanted the St Paul's cathedral!

Neff

You were expecting a shooter/brawler like Condemned, and so you want the combat to be like it is in Condemned.

Don't go around telling people what they think, are, or want. You're doing it a lot, and it's disgusting. I haven't even played Condemned. I don't play FPS games much at all in fact.

I didn't judge ZombiU against other FPS games. I didn't judge ZombiU against other horror games. I judged it as a game in its own right, and my feeling is that doing the same task in the same way without variation several hundred times is a negative toward the game, not a plus, regardless of setting.

Genre, or in this case fabrication of supposed genre, never negates the need for consistent player engagement and learning that videogames thrive on. ZombiU mostly succeeds in this area, but the scales are still tipped toward repetition, which is a fair, common, and obvious complaint.

Come up with a better argument than 'you just don't get it', or stop being a jerk.

Yes, and part of the mechanics are inventory management as well. Would that supposed GeoW have that? Even if it was so big that you wouldn't have to manage nearly anything?
It would be a really bad survival horror, but a survival horror after all.

"Inventory management" is a design choice, not a mechanic. The mechanic involved in management is limited inventory space, which GoW and pretty much every console shooter ever has.

So again, the only thing seperating Gears from Resident Evil is the camera and controls?

1. Planning also involves knowing how many spaces are left in your limited inventory and how to manage them.
2. RE2 in hard wasn't a CoD either, nor even ZombiU. The ammo was placed in certain spots all calculated by the developers (it doesn't matter if that seemed much to you, a puzzle of 4 pieces is still a puzzle even if easier than a puzzle of 1000 pieces, while in ZombiU apart from the fixed ammunitions, you can find other's people Zombies that gives you plenty of EXTRA ammo).

Okay, 2% planning. And you could finish RE2 with literally hundreds of rounds of ammo left; there's almost as much magnum ammo as there are total enemies. The fact that there's a random element in ZombiU doesn't change the fact that ammo is more restricted than in pretty much every RE game.

And that's why they aren't pure adventure games. That 20% of action, remember? It's not that the boss fights of RE are solved based on your ability, it's more about knowing and planning what to do. Important difference.

Yes, they are. The combat is shallow, but that doesn't change the fact that the boss fights are based around them. After all, there's usually no "flight" option and ammo and powerful weapons tend to be found suspiciously close to the boss rooms. And if you know that you don't have enough ammo for an upcoming boss fight (because you shot at walls, I guess), there's always that infinite knife!

EDIT: What I'm trying to get at is that the design determines the genre, not the mechanics. Many first-person shooters and third-person shooters are mechanically identical, yet they're considered separate genres. ZombiU and Amnesia are, for the most part, mechanically identical to Call of Duty or Condemned, and REmake and Resident 5 are mechanically identical (aside from the camera). Does that mean that CoD and Amnesia are in the same genre, or REmake and RE5?

Sanctuary

did you not make it to the palace and find the crossbow?

once you have that it becomes your primary weapon as the arrows can be reused, aiming for zombies heads using the gamepad felt awesome too.

I found the crossbow yes, but even with that you still relied far too much on the bat. The arrows were not 100% retrievable, so I always had to save some.

On a side note, I actually beat the game without dying on the second day of release (and actually ended up with the second highest score, below some guy that had like triple my score from just farming respawning zombies...), then did it again on Survival mode to get my name on the list the day after. In hindsight, I should have just played Survival on the second day anyway, but I was using it as a sort of test run. Kind of wished it had a speedrun + score ranking too.

Don't go around telling people what they think, are, or want. You're doing it a lot, and it's disgusting. I haven't even played Condemned. I don't play FPS games much at all in fact.
You're asking for a "varied combat system" that trounces the whole concept of the game. It's pretty obvious that you weren't expecting a survival horror (even first person), a game that NEEDS this to be what it is.

I didn't judge ZombiU against other FPS games. I didn't judge ZombiU against other horror games. I judged it as a game in its own right, and my feeling is that doing the same task in the same way without variation several hundred times is a negative toward the game, not a plus, regardless of setting.
And I'm telling you that this is the only way to do a first person survival horror, that this is not a flaw even when you may not like it. This was not a flaw by any means.

Genre, or in this case fabrication of supposed genre, never negates the need for consistent player engagement and learning that videogames thrive on. ZombiU mostly succeeds in this area, but the scales are still tipped toward repetition, which is a fair, common, and obvious complaint.
Player engagment can come from lot's of things, not only combat variety. In this game the combat it's not the purpose but the means.

Come up with a better argument than 'you just don't get it', or stop being a jerk.
Do you also want Mario to shoot weapons? It may be pretty boring to just jump all the time, there has to be more variety with weapons, vehicles, and also more violence... because if not, the game is bad designed. Isn't that how it works?

TheRedSnifit said:
"Inventory management" is a design choice, not a mechanic. The mechanic involved in management is limited inventory space, which GoW and pretty much every console shooter ever has.

So again, the only thing seperating Gears from Resident Evil is the camera and controls?
The camera and the controls? Making the aim mathematically accurate instead of giving the player the hability to aim is enough to make it another genre. Of course it would.
Is mario a different genre of Gears of War? It even has a much similar type of camera than RE!!! O_O

TheRedSnifit said:
Okay, 2% planning. And you could finish RE2 with literally hundreds of rounds of ammo left; there's almost as much magnum ammo as there are total enemies. The fact that there's a random element in ZombiU doesn't change the fact that ammo is more restricted than in pretty much every RE game.
Again, a puzzle of 4 pieces is still a puzle, even if it is easier than a 1000 pieces puzzle.
That being said, the hand to hand combat is much stronger in ZombiU, you can kill any zombi with the stick, good look on killing even one zombie with the knife on RE.

In RE 2 the guns are also mathematically implemented. You hit or miss based on percentages, so they're the SAME as the stick on ZombiU.
ZombiU had to place that much importance on the hand to hand weapon because it was the ONLY gameplay mechanic that was exact, and the only thing that makes it a survival horror.

Your problem is considering the pistol in a RE the same as the pistol in ZombiU, and the knife in RE the same as the stick in ZombiU.
Now the question is... are you sure that you've ever played a RE and you're not speaking about what you read on faqs or something? Because if you think that aiming in RE is the same than doing it in ZombiU then....

TheRedSnifit said:
After all, there's usually no "flight" option and ammo and powerful weapons tend to be found suspiciously close to the boss rooms.
Again, EASY doesn't mean it is something that it isn't. They give you the ammunition close to the boss instead of giving it to you far from it, that makes it easier to reach the boss with those weapons, but it's not like the circus part or the random zombies full of ammo that have a finality, test the player ability to fight. That's not the purpose on a RE, it's in a higher degree on ZombiU, and it's in a much higher degree in a Shooter.

kunonabi

this mathematical aiming requirement is nonsense. D2, siren, fatal frame and the new alone in the dark, which is easily one of the most classically designed survival horror games in years despite its issues, all featured manual aim to various degrees. even excluding that re and sh feature far more forced combat encounters and advanced combat techniques and strategies than zombi u has by a long shot. survival horror games are allowed to place emphasis on different things without being thrown into a bunch of random sub genres.

i wouldn't go accusing others of not playing these games considering how ignorant you have proven to be of most of them including RE.

Today I lost my best survivor. 5+ hours of hardship taken away by an exploding zombie that crept up on me while grabbing some loot. It scared me and my first instinct is was to smack it with the bat... I realized what I had done just as I released the trigger. Felt bad guys, real bad.

I fucking love this game.

BizzyBum

Just beat it and got the best ending.

Obvious Ubisoft ran out of time with this. The ending was pretty terrible. The copy pasta of transition areas also sucked but a small gripe since they were small areas.

It's still a good game every Wii U owner should pick up. It really blows we won't see a more refined sequel.

Just beat it and got the best ending.

Obvious Ubisoft ran out of time with this. The ending was pretty terrible. The copy pasta of transition areas also sucked but a small gripe since they were small areas.

It's still a good game every Wii U owner should pick up. It really blows we won't see a more refined sequel.

Managed to run the hard mode? Props to you.

You mean Survivor Mode? Nah, just Normal. Are there any differences or a better ending with that mode or is it simply you die and game over? If there's nothing extra I don't really have the urge to replay it again.

I thought you could only get the true ending from beating Survivor. I have yet to do it though, so I can't confirm personally. I was fairly certain I saw it somewhere, though it could have just been rubbish news.

Edit: Did a quick search. Doesn't seem to be any difference, according to gamefaqs.

Raysoul

Ending is the same with Normal or Survivor. You will get the difference when
you forgot the USB drive containing the info for the Panacea. It will just not show the girl grabbing your hand.

Edit: Storywise, ending is meh. Gameplay wise, it is ok. But doing it on Survivor is a different story.

Top Bottom