• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: ZombiU

BizzyBum

I thought you could only get the true ending from beating Survivor. I have yet to do it though, so I can't confirm personally. I was fairly certain I saw it somewhere, though it could have just been rubbish news.

I don't think it matters. What I read was:

Best Ending: Retrieve the Panacea and board the helicopter.
Good Ending: Board the helicopter without the Panacea.
Worst Ending: Die trying to reach the helicopter.

All 3 are actually pretty similar, too.

Effect

I still don't get why Ubisoft hasn't attempted to run an add for this during The Walking Dead instead of Assassin's Creed. It makes no sense at all.

JoV

Still not finished this on survivor mode. Always get a few hours in before doing something stupid and getting munched on.

I really hate those riot policeman zombies.

Excellent game though. Came as a massive surprise as it wasn't something I had originally been looking at, but the demo completely won me over.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd really love a sequel. Doesn't matter if multiplatform: looking at Deus ex Vita-Smarglass-Gamepad multi approach, I'd say that no interesting Gamepad features would be skipped even if the development would be for PS4XboneWiiU, and considering how good Rayman Legends is also (especially, for some) on the Wii U (because of the GamePad), or how good Gamepad wise is Splinter Cell, I really REALLY hope that they try to follow this beloved (by those who actually played it) game with a more polished sequel.
As a Wii U owner, I'd simply be amazed by Ubisoft if that actually happens (after Zombi, AC3, Rayman, Child of Lights, AC4, SC Blacklist and WDogs).
Add the disappeared Ghost Recon online and I'd call the Ubi Wii U support: perfect.

D-e-f-

Banned
I still don't get why Ubisoft hasn't attempted to run an add for this during The Walking Dead instead of Assassin's Creed. It makes no sense at all.

It all makes too much sense.

Or they had written it off before it even came out and rather spend their ad money on the game that'll guaranteed sell a bazillion copies and squeeze a few more out of it rather than force their write-off on a couple of adventurous people. It's sad either way. The way they briefly showed Dead Rising 3 during this week's Talking Dead post-episode show would've been perfect for ZombiU last year during season 3.

Then again, another smart thing to do would've been TO NOT EVER NAME IT ZOMBIU! They really have only their marketing to blame. The game design is wonderful but everything around it is the disaster.

Okay, some questions I'll ask here since this is the newest topic:

1. Any general tips for playing that someone might not pick up quickly?

2. What should be held as priority in your backpack (for general play, and in terms of being overburdened and having to dump an item for another)

3. What weapons are worthwhile to use and upgrade? How should I use my upgrades? Asap on any weapons I have? Or stock up on them for some future better weapon?

D-e-f-

Banned
Okay, some questions I'll ask here since this is the newest topic:

1. Any general tips for playing that someone might not pick up quickly?

2. What should be held as priority in your backpack (for general play, and in terms of being overburdened and having to dump an item for another)

3. What weapons are worthwhile to use and upgrade? How should I use my upgrades? Asap on any weapons I have? Or stock up on them for some future better weapon?
2) health, flares
stay alive and get the zeds away from you.

Nilaul

ZombiU is only 11.99 pounds on the e-shop. Buy if you haven't. Totally worth it.

The game is a refreshing take on the now broken horror genre (thanks to resident evil). Its a good game, nerve racking, scary, intense and challenging.

Scoops

Banned
Just bought this a few days ago. I'm still super early on.
I just got to the gates of Buckingham Palace.
I like the overall setup and premise of the game. I think graphically it actually looks really good and moody. I like the camera filter they put on the game to give it the glare effect the game has. The gunplay is also pretty fun and although I'm early on, it seems like the story will be at least somewhat interesting. I like the use of the backpack and the gamepad screen too.

I do have to admit the melee combat kind of is bad. It's just super repetitive and although its tense trying to hit the zombie without being grabbed, it's not particularly fun. The game sort of has RE4 Wii style controls but in a first person view where you have to hold down the left trigger to aim (not aim down the sights, just to ready your weapon and put a reticule on screen) and then press with the right trigger to shoot. I don't mind this control scheme but I just had a section where I had three zombies running at me through a choke point and a Molotov cocktail in my hand. It was my first time using the Molotov and I didn't realize I had to hold down left to "aim" it too. Of course when I had everything lined up I pressed right trigger and the Molotov didn't go. By the time I corrected it I was surrounded and dead.

I thought I was really going to mind the backtracking after dying and although I guess it is boring to have to backtrack, at least they don't put a bunch of zombies where you've already cleared them out when you have to backtrack. That would've been a huge drag.

From what I've played it seems like a good game, I'll enjoy it more once I get used to the combat, and it is a good use of the WiiU gamepad. If you have a WiiU pick it up at say $30 or less. I got it for $25 off amazon and I saw it at Best Buy yesterday for $30.

iKhayal18

Amazing game. You can find it for 10€ in GAME. The details, the atmosphere and the use of the gamepad (even for the sound) is great. Having the scores of the best players of the day in the walls it's also a very nice idea.

SuomiDude

I also recommend this game for any survivor horror fans. One of the few actual survivor horror games I've seen in the past few years, not shooters like they usually end up. I'm not a big horror game fan, don't like watching horror movies either, but this game hooked me, don't know why. The game is a bit clumsy and rushed in many parts, but it doesn't take away too much from the overall experience.

Top Bottom