• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm still lookin at possibly developing Star Wars 1313

Mesoian

I won't hold my breath. If they were going to make it why didn't they just let Lucasarts just do it originally, could have been out by now

Because Lucas ruins everything in attempts to make all of his works "for kids" without understanding the capabilities of most children.

And now his thumb is out of the pie.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
EQBSS4D.gif

I always believed. ;-;

kaioshade

Battlefront isnt lighting the world on fire like they thought (hoped?) so now to bring out something they knew people were hyped for.

This was the game about Boba Fett, right?

If so, it's not happening. We might get some other version with a different character but Disney are making a Boba standalone movie, so there's no way they'll be making a game about him too.

Huh? That's exactly the reason why they WOULD make the game, to promote the movie.

Sayers

Sounds more like they might use the idea at some point elsewhere, not that they want to make that game specifically.

Arttemis

1313 was originally based on the TV show -- read this story for more info! -- so this isn't really out of the blue. Also, don't count on this ever happening.

Dear God, that article showed how fucking fickle and self important Lucas was behind the wheel. Nothing got made because he either kept changing it, or lost interest. I truly hope the new management, Disney, takes advantage of the IP goldmine they got.

krang

My only concern about 1313 was that, being set underground, it would have relatively enclosed play spaces.

Other than that, yeah, bring it on.

Battlefront isnt lighting the world on fire like they thought (hoped?) so now to bring out something they knew people were hyped for.

To be fair no star wars game has ever lit "the world on fire" in terms of sales. They are not monsters in terms of shipped units. I doubt battlefront will ever reach EAs 13 million sold expectation.

Falchion

Maybe they can dump some of the assets and elements from the game into some other project to jump start it. I just doubt we ever get a 1313 release as originally planned.

DryvBy

Have you seen Jessica Jones and Daredevil? Another property...but still..

Marvel has both a kid and adult following within brands. Kids may love Avengers but they're probably not familiar with Deadpool. Star Wars (the entire brand) is for both kids and adults together.

I just doubt they'll do a mature Star Wars game.

Maybe they can dump some of the assets and elements from the game into some other project to jump start it. I just doubt we ever get a 1313 release as originally planned.

1313 Development was a mess if i remember correctly. What we saw at E3 was already in the trashcan at that time . There was an interview with a former employee who said that like every week the higher ups had something new they wanted to see . Thats why the no name character from the trailer became Boba Fett but that meant the whole backstory had to be changed.

I think there was a moment when there were rumors that lucasarts would be sold/ closed and they told the employees they shouldn`t worry and keep working on the game.

Das-J

Law of the West
Well, a former DICE producer did just sign on to work at Lucasfilm with the LinkedIN title of "Making dreams come true".

Perhaps those are your dreams, 1313 fans...

Or maybe they're making an Ewok MOBA... who knows?!

Silly speculation aside, I'm all for a serious, dark Star Wars game and hope we see something like that in the near future.

Gravidee

This was the game about Boba Fett, right?

If so, it's not happening. We might get some other version with a different character but Disney are making a Boba standalone movie, so there's no way they'll be making a game about him too.

A Boba standalone film hasn't been confirmed yet, I don't think, just rumored.

jelly

I would be interested in an action Star Wars game but that demo while slick looking was totally vapid. It was the worst of automatic climbing mechanics and hello boxes for cover. Hope they do something much more if they give it another shot.

RK128

If progress on the game was substantial (40-60% of the game complete) then I see no need for Disney/Lucasfilm to just sit on the assets forever.

I could picture a lot of those assets be what Visceral Games is working on their own Star Wars Project, allowing them to get that game created faster or something.

In addition, I could also see EA assign a studio to take 1313 and tell them 'Finish this game'.

Also, I could see Disney use the games assets for Infinity 4.0 as a new Star Wars playset (similar to how they used a lot of assets and mechanics from the canceled Pirates of the Caribbean RPG for the Pirates Playset in Infinity 1.0).

Because Lucas ruins everything in attempts to make all of his works "for kids" without understanding the capabilities of most children.

And now his thumb is out of the pie.

Wasn't it Disney's decision to shut (well, significantly downsize to a licensing house) their games division though?

Mesoian

Wasn't it Disney's decision to shut (well, significantly downsize to a licensing house) their games division though?

Yes, but that has less to do with the closure of 1313 than Lucas' interference with the title because he decided he wanted to be involved and change it into a Boba Fett game on a whim.

Disney's stance towards video games in general is somewhat crazy and self revisionary, but I put the blame of 1313's fate squarely on Lucas. Those interviews that came out regarding his involvement are damning. Guy just couldn't be trusted with his own creations anymore.

Ea would have to be behind it I guess, I would love to see this game, I lost my shit when I saw this for the first time in 2011

NBtoaster

The reactions in this thread are so at odds with the general attitude towards the game prior to it being cancelled. All the tropes of a modern action game but with Star Wars paint.

Not

Banned
The very first game where I saw PS4-level graphics and thought "wow." I'd love to see it in some form someday.

Metalmarc

it will probably release side by side with the bobafett/han solo spin off film in around 2018
or xmas 2017, i should think

if not with the movie , then the game will coincide with the t.v show so they will complement each other in 2017-18

It looked amazing - Uncharted in space. Not getting my hopes up, but this would be bigger than FF7R for me.

The reactions in this thread are so at odds with the general attitude towards the game prior to it being cancelled. All the tropes of a modern action game but with Star Wars paint.

From what I recall, reactions were generally "Shut up and take my money" here on GAF.

UrbanRats

Honestly i don't know how great 1313 would've been, beyond the amazing graphics and Star Wars setting.

The Order 1886 got a lot of shit for being a simple cinematic shooter with little else than eye candy and a cool setting to offer, and even the top dog of the genre, Uncharted, seems to be moving into a more open and creative direction with the formula (4 allegedly offering more open areas to play in).

I wouldn't mind seeing this come back, but i hope it's more than an Uncharted clone with little else to it than its setting.

Top Bottom