• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm still lookin at possibly developing Star Wars 1313

1313 had stunning graphics for the reveal, but I always thought it was gonna wind up being a cut rate uncharted. Which is saying something since I don't think most of the UC games are even that good.

I wasn't part of the hype when this was revealed. Never really got a peak at the trailer until now. Basically, it looks like Uncharted with a SW skin. Not bad, but I don't see why people are blowing their load over this. I'm intrigued, but not amazed.

Shaanyboi

Banned
You must I haven't played a good Star Wars game in years.

Doesn't sound like it would be a game, it would be for a TV show or a movie. She's saying there were ideas there that they liked. Unless she means they're literally going to start redeveloping that game, pretty sure she's just talking about story concepts.

She definitely seems to be suggesting they'll do something with the narrative idea rather than actually developing a 1313 game, but either way, cool to see ideas like this and Underworld getting looked at by the new brass.

1313 had stunning graphics for the reveal, but I always thought it was gonna wind up being a cut rate uncharted. Which is saying something since I don't think most of the UC games are even that good.

While the little gameplay we saw did look like that I always though the approach of having it take place in the underworld of Coruscant, a place only barely touched in any visual Star Wars medium would make for a unique game especially with the cinematic approach and usual Star Wars artistic design.

Monocle

tumblr_mn62vukpoJ1s917bwo1_500.gif

Yes please.
Man, Lucas did everything he could to ruin the OT on Blu-ray, didn't he?

Ekai

I'm intrigued, have been for some time, but need to see more of the product before I jump fully on-board.

border

1313 would have seen the same massive downgrades that Watch_Dogs got, given that they were both initially running on target hardware that vastly overestimated the capabilities of a PS4 or X1.

At that point it would have just been a mediocre Star Wars cover shooter.

Sounds like she is just talking about setting/story/character ideas. Which isn't really exciting, given that weve already had a bounty hunter themed SW game.

Or she's just blowing hot air. This game has been collecting dust since development stalled out in 2012. It's more than likely anything that could be salvaged and repurposed has been already.

1313 would have seen the same massive downgrades that Watch_Dogs got, given that they were both initially running on target hardware that vastly overestimated the capabilities of a PS4 or X1.

At that point it would have just been a mediocre Star Wars cover shooter.

Top Bottom