• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm still lookin at possibly developing Star Wars 1313

0s2oODO.gif

Freaking amazing first post.

Do it!

I never got the excitement for 1313, it looked like a generic cover shooter with a star wars skin and good graphics.

I'd rather they make another dark forces.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Search your feelings, Disney, you know you want it to be made.

Tadale

Even if 1313 really is super generic, it's an injustice that the Kinect game was released while 1313 was canceled.

cacildo

giphyv5s0w.gif

(Wasnt Star Wars Battlefront also a game known for being cancelled with only a few images/videos scattered around and people went "wow... i really wish they made this game!!!!" and then they actually did and now you cant stop saying it sucks?

Please, lets just not go there.

There is something wrong. I dont know if its the hype culture, or if its just that nobody can make a decent game anymore. But its the same thing: "This game is gonna be great" - "Oh no its just another broken-or-boring modern game")

giphyv5s0w.gif

(Wasnt Star Wars Battlefront also a game known for being cancelled with only a few images/videos scattered around and people went "wow... i really wish they made this game!!!!" and then they actually did and now you cant stop saying it sucks?

There is something wrong. I dont know if its the hype culture, or if its just that nobody can make a decent game anymore. But its the same thing: "This game is gonna be great" - "Oh no its just another broken-or-boring modern game")

The cancelled BF3 looks nothing like EA's Battlefront.

GrandiaX

Banned
Battlefront 3 was the chosen one that turned to the dark side. Star Wars 1313 will bring everyone back to the light and awaken the force.

Smash88

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS MAKE IT HAPPEN DISNEY!

I was so hyped for that game and when I heard it was dead... I was sad.

Just look at this shit:

xTk9ZWP09TDeT2WiKA.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I don't think it's gonna happen, I would imagine it's quite similar to Visceral's Star Wars game.

At least t 1313 is canon, as it appeared in the Clone Wars, so I suppose it's possible.

yes and Bioware aswell :D exciting times ahead

This hasn't been confirmed, people are just connecting some convenient dots (unless your referring to SWTOR). Would be very nice though.

I never got the excitement for 1313, it looked like a generic cover shooter with a star wars skin and good graphics.

I'd rather they make another dark forces.

Yeah I agree there. It's "edgy" game with star wars skin. I'd rather something that either uses the canon in an interesting way or a continuation of KOTR or something.

Truant

There were were rumors a few years ago about a mature "HBO style" Star Wars tv-show, but it got cancelled very early on. From what I remember, it was set on Nar Shaddaa (or a similar planet) and focused exclusively on the seedy underbelly of the Star Wars universe.

CamHostage

Just in case people forgot how stunning this game looked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh820gAO7e8

Honestly, the lighting looks beyond current gen and more high end pc spec.

So does Watch.Dogs' teaser, and The Division's teaser, and Destiny's teaser, and The Witcher 3's teaser...

I don't think it's gonna happen, I would imagine it's quite similar to Visceral's Star Wars game. At least it 1313 is canon, as it appeared in the Clone Wars, so I suppose it's possible

Yeah, I'm curious what it is that people want 1313 to be so badly?

If people want Uncharted in Space, then it sounds possible that they're getting that with Visceral/Henning's project. If people want the graphics that they saw in the teaser, know that the company who made that demo no longer exists (and also, as mentioned, know what E3 2012 demos actually came out looking like when they had to become a real product?) If people want the story presented, what story? If people want the story they heard was in development (some soldered-together Boba Fett tale that was not nearly done while the project and company came down around them,) it could have been cool but then it could just have easily been awful (and we have dozens and dozens of Lucasarts-produced titles to prove that it's a crapshoot of great success but also stinky failure.) If people want LucasArts' and Lucas' original concept to finally be envisioned, again, which original concept? (Plus, so many bitch that Lucas is a moron and makes garbage and retroactively was nothing but lucky that he made Star Wars in the first place, but then 1313 has his musk all over it and yet they still crave it...)

My interest seems to be with you that I'd like to some day see the remnants of the Star Wars Underworld project and the connection between Clone Wars and 1313 and the other concepts developed at that time (and generally I like the concept of exploring Coruscant.) And since a lot of this content is all written in completion already, some scripts by accomplished sci-fi writers, it does feel like Disney will mine it and 1313 might be part of that excavation.

But then again, without the show there's too much lost to really feel like 1313 would have satisfied that wish for lost chapters. And just as it is, as this one-off starring a character that we know the fate of and a prequel-focused planet and a mess of development docs that don't seem like they'd add much to getting the project back on its feet outside of the kick-ass concept art and a rousing concept trailer... Why?

I'm happy when good Star Wars products are made. If 1313 was one of them, then fine and dandy. But that trailer doesn't tell me much more than that 3rd-person shooting in space is just as cool as it is in tombs. 1313's most important takeaway was that ILM can really help make graphics look awesome, but we don't need this game to know that, and we can't have this team making it happen as it was because that team is gone. Something not-1313 could be just as wonderful as 1313, or better, so worry about making great Star Wars and that's that.

Witdarkstar

Neo Member
I doubt this will happen. As far as I know all of the projects we were working on just got archived and that was that. It's a shame because we were really trying to turn the quality of our games around at the end of LucasArts.

meh, I'd rather they make a different Star Wars game. This just looked linear and scripted to hell, don't understand why people like it so much.

RAIDEN1

I also think that it won't happen...seems to be a long drawn out process just to get this game off the ground in the first place.....what they SHOULD be concentrating on instead is to make REPUBLIC COMMANDO 2!!!

Battlefront 3 had seamless ground to space battles, not unlike No Man's Sky. Not only does Battlefront EA not have this, it's lacking in space battles entirely and vehicles are an afterthought. The Battlefront 3 leaked footage we were all excited for isn't the game we got and I don't think anyone was expecting it to be once Dice took over. They basically just used the IP name to sell copies, 1313 doesn't have a pedigree, though it would probably be called something different anyway, as Disney dropped the trademark.

EBE

what was exciting about the game outside of the nice looking visuals in the trailer?
i cant recall what talent was working on it or any specific details about the game

what was exciting about the game outside of the nice looking visuals in the trailer?
i cant recall what talent was working on it or any specific details about the game

That's really it. After it was already cancelled it was then revealed to be starring Boba Fett. The game seemed to be a linear TPS like Uncharted. Probably would have been mediocre.

I'm convinced people only liked 1313 because it looked really nice. Granted we disnt see too much ganeplay-wise, but it looked like a super generic cinematic 3rd person shooter with a Star Wars skin

I remember my jaw hitting the floor when I first saw the game play slice. Not as impressive today as it was then but I do hope they can make the game and wow us once again.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also trusting that Amy's and Jade's Star Wars project is pretty much filling the void that left the shown 1313. However, didn't Jason from Kotaku write how Clint Hocking was working on it to be an open world, bounty hunter game? That would've been awesome, specially since we lost Human Head's Prey 2 game. That's the game I wish got made.

Top Bottom